The Amazing Race S36

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Ricky and Cesar are really great racers, they even run in sync. :lol:
:lol:. How did they get ahead of the mom and son after the skateboard challenge?

I had been wondering how they would do in a country where they don't have the language advantage, but it seems that they will always be in a country with a language advantage. I think they would still do well, as they are calm and competent, but maybe not quite so well? I guess we will never know.
I so want to root for the firefighters because they are mostly so good at the roadblocks and detours, with the exception of the puzzle wall, but they are killing me with their lack of navigation skills.
I hope they don't drive the fire trucks!

I thought they would scamper right up the climbing wall, but no.
This was the first episode where the pinkies weren't annoying me but I'm not sorry to see them go.
I saw a headline that said it took the one pinky four hours to do the skateboard task. I'm wondering if TAR cuts them off at four hours, because that was also how long it took the jump roper to do the map test on last week's show.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I saw a headline that said it took the one pinky four hours to do the skateboard task. I'm wondering if TAR cuts them off at four hours, because that was also how long it took the jump roper to do the map test on last week's show.
I wonder what happened to the option to take a penalty? Unless I’m hallucinating, the earlier seasons of TAR had an option to skip a task and take a one or two hour penalty. I recall racers sitting on the sidelines and being called to the mat when their penalty time was up.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I wonder what happened to the option to take a penalty? Unless I’m hallucinating, the earlier seasons of TAR had an option to skip a task and take a one or two hour penalty. I recall racers sitting on the sidelines and being called to the mat when their penalty time was up.
My husband wondered the same thing. I have no idea.

Colleen

Remember Boston Rob talking teams into taking the penalty on a task where they had to eat a ridiculous amount of meat? He knew he and Amber couldn't do it, and knew the other teams were behind them, so they wouldn't be alone at the back of the pack.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
So now we know penalties are still possible and they last four hours instead of two.

Every week, I wonder if Angie is going to make it :yikes:.

I will miss the grandparents, as I found them highly entertaining.

Agree about Yvonne, and her girlfriend isn't much better. Before the season started, Phil said that there is a lot of friction between the two of them. I wonder when that will show. So far, they are barely there.

The firefighters have had an amazing run of "saved by the detour." They are always in last and yet they manage to squeak by every week. It would be kind of hilarious if they ended up winning.

This is kind of a meh season. I am looking forward to post-COVID TAR.

annie720

I like Angie and son fine, but the alliance isn't sitting well with me. Amber literally did the puzzle for Angie. Working together as a group doesn't bother me as much, but there's a limit. I don't see Angie and son as a threat for the finale, but they're still keeping other teams out when they get help like that. I like that the NFL guy wanted to pass the other alliance members after the beef challenge, even though they had just worked together to finish a task. That's the mindset I want to see. I also enjoyed seeing how NFL guy dominated a couple of the challenges here. He's fierce!

skatemomaz

Resist
I like Angie and son fine, but the alliance isn't sitting well with me. Amber literally did the puzzle for Angie. Working together as a group doesn't bother me as much, but there's a limit. I don't see Angie and son as a threat for the finale, but they're still keeping other teams out when they get help like that. I like that the NFL guy wanted to pass the other alliance members after the beef challenge, even though they had just worked together to finish a task. That's the mindset I want to see. I also enjoyed seeing how NFL guy dominated a couple of the challenges here. He's fierce!

The alliance annoyed me. I don't mind teams working together within limits, but when they wait around and complete the task for another, that's just stupid.

Juan and Shane and Ricky and Cesar pretty much ran their own race and it was fun to see them knocking it out.

Once again Sunny and Bizzy are killing me and the girlfriends are just boring.

I'm going to miss the grandparents, I really enjoyed their dynamic and how much fun they were having.

Aceon6

Agree about Yvonne, and her girlfriend isn't much better. Before the season started, Phil said that there is a lot of friction between the two of them. I wonder when that will show. So far, they are barely there.
So one of them has a name? It must have been really bad/sad as the editors don’t seem to be able to find any footage of them being clever, resourceful, or funny.

BaileyCatts

So apparently its hot in South America in the summer time. Who knew. :p

Why did almost everyone immediately pick the throwing challenge? From the description I woulda picked bikes right off the start. And Grandparents were on 8 out of 10 with only 2 throws remaining that round, and only needing 1 catch, so why didn't they at least try the last 2 tries and THEN switch? Never know, coulda got it on that last 2.

I'm on the fence about teams working together to begin with, but blatantly doing the task for someone I don't like that at all. :blah:

Love Juan and Shane and "he's not that smart" ....and then he gets it quickly ... "that won't look good on TV". :rofl:

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Many of the teams this year are driving me crazy. The CRNAs probably make a good 500 to nearly 600k a year between the two of them so they most certainly don't need to be on the screen anymore arguing and letting their relationship fall apart. He annoys me but she kept insisting she was right almost the whole episode and then repeatedly failed to read the map and was so indecisive.

Mom and son- meh. It's a good story for the show, but they are annoying too :p Although I do think his plan to just knock out all of the later road blocks was great. I just would have rather not watched her have mini meltdowns at each challenge and then get carried through one of them.

Yvonne and Melissa have had what seems like zero screen time. Zzz. Would've rather had Sunny and Bizzy stay in.

Juan and Shane for the win I guess? Or Ricky and Cesar, who probably have one of the best track records ever in a season at this point. Nothing below 2nd I'm pretty sure!

Bring back the airport drama because this shifting of season orders really makes this one fall very flat.

Aceon6

I was hoping that the NoNames would go this week, but they get so little screen time, they really don’t bug me. At this point, it would be a mercy chack for either of Amber & Vinny or Danny & Angie to go. I suspect there’s a stressful detour coming that might break them.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
I was surprised at how many teams had a member with some welding experience. Did they look for that when casting the show?

ilovesalchows

Vinny is so patronizing, and she seems so broken down by him. Every time they get in an argument, he has tons of advice as to how she can work on her improving her character. I wonder if they are still together.

And agree, this is not the best season. They must have had to settle for a lot of these teams due to YKW.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Yvonne and Melissa have had what seems like zero screen time.
I thought they were all over this last episode and couldn't figure out why except that their singing was so terrible and they were were trying so hard to end up last.
Zzz. Would've rather had Sunny and Bizzy stay in.
Bizzy found out that she had breast cancer just after they were eliminated. The cancer was found in her TAR physical.

I think they just might be the worst navigators in TAR history. They were generally good at challenges, but.
Juan and Shane for the win I guess? Or Ricky and Cesar, who probably have one of the best track records ever in a season at this point. Nothing below 2nd I'm pretty sure!
I'd be happy enough with either one. Ricky and Cesar are fun and the pilots are good sports.
Vinny is so patronizing, and she seems so broken down by him. Every time they get in an argument, he has tons of advice as to how she can work on her improving her character.
OMG, when he said "I hope you learn from this experience blah blah blah," I wanted her to reach around the car seat and strangle him.
I wonder if they are still together.
I hope not. When she said "This is our relationship, this is how it is," I thought, "But it doesn't have to be your relationship!"
And agree, this is not the best season. They must have had to settle for a lot of these teams due to YKW.
I don't know if the teams are bad so much as they aren't going anywhere and it's so limiting.

skatemomaz

Resist
Damn, I really would have loved to see Yvonne and Melissa or Vinny and Amber out. The nurses have annoyed me from the start and Vinny is a total jerk. As much as I liked how well Sunny and Bizzy rocked the challenges, their navigational skills are abysmal.

Ricky and Cesar are so much fun to watch, I would love to see them or Juan and Shane win.

I'm over Danny and Angie they can go anytime.

annie720

Well, darn. I was just starting to like Bizzy and Sunny. 😪 Have the nurses forgotten that they're on camera? Ricky and Cesar rocked that singing challenge. They are great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information