The Amazing Race S35

Sylvia

TBD
Premiering tonight (Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2023) at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT (also 90 minute episodes, like for Survivor):

ETA:
Early this winter, CBS approached both “Survivor” and “The Amazing Race” about expanding to weekly 90 minute episodes for fall 2023. Rather than retroactively try to pad an additional half hour on to those already-shot episodes, van Munster, Doganieri and Keoghan decided to hit the road again and take full advantage of filming supersized installments.
And that’s what they did, earlier this summer, with a new cast of contestants. Now, that just-completed race will instead serve as “The Amazing Race” Season 35, premiering September 27. The hour-long edition filmed in fall 2022 will still eventually be seen, but it has been pushed to become Season 36, running at a later date.

Last edited:

Lilia A

Yay TAR is back. And with old school airport shenanigans again. I had a feeling during the roadblock that the siblings would be gone, not necessarily first but early on. Speaking of the roadblock, my favourite part was when a bunch of team were working together and ignoring Rob, meanwhile Rob was right behind them signing the correct answer. Detour: you know when you hear the word massage on TAR that it's going to be a painful experience. Next week: It's season 35, why are we still having fanny pack drama?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I love that kind of massage. The trick is to totally relax and just let them treat you like a human Gumby. :lol:

I thought it was lame in the sense that it was 30 minutes for everyone so it wasn't going to change up the order. But then that guy had to start over!!

I also found it weird that the pink sisters freaked out so much about the sword task when the pole got turned into a sword. I am sure the sword wasn't sharp for one thing.

annie720

Which is everyone's favourite TAR season?
I don't have a favorite but for some reason, the one with the hippies (Season 9) was very memorable. I remember liking the final challenge in the snow in Colorado and will never forget the Thai monkeys and the cricket-eating. And I thought that Barry and Fran were a hoot. I remember at the time thinking they were so old. Now that doesn't seem so old. 🙄

Lilia A

I am amazed no one ended up with a pulled muscle. I would have for sure.
I would've dislocated something for sure, or many things. I'm hypermobile and I'm not allowed to have that type of massage done on me.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I would definitely have done the massage, I like some pain. However, if on a team with DH, I never would have heard the end of his pain. :lol: The only area I would balk some is the neck, too much pulling twisting there is stressful as you could be paralyzed or dead. That being said, I’m sure TAR hired professionals that knew what they were doing.

BaileyCatts

How in the world did those people scamper across that tightrope so quickly!! One girl practically ran across it! o_O That's not exactly a type of life skill that you acquire over time. I'd be clinging on to that thing for dear life even though you are secured with a safety line.

Too many teams for me to remember names or have any favs or hates yet, but I like the team that came in #1.

And OMG those girls that ate that plate full of bugs to get the Express Pass. :sick::sick::sick: I would noped right outta that one as soon as I saw the task and said screw the Express Pass.

I've never had any kind of massage ever, but was that really as painful as it looked because how they not like literally break their legs when they are folding them backwards like that!! It looked so simple but damn it looked like it hurt. And that is supposed to be relaxing?? :wideeyes:

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
How in the world did those people scamper across that tightrope so quickly!! One girl practically ran across it! o_O That's not exactly a type of life skill that you acquire over time. I'd be clinging on to that thing for dear life even though you are secured with a safety line.
The safety line is pretty tight and keeps you upright in your normal walking stance, so even if you slip, you don't feel like you are falling--physically, anyway. Psychologically? :scream:
I've never had any kind of massage ever, but was that really as painful as it looked because how they not like literally break their legs when they are folding them backwards like that!! It looked so simple but damn it looked like it hurt. And that is supposed to be relaxing?? :wideeyes:
I figure it's like the reason my husband likes to run--because it feels so good when he's done.

Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I would definitely have done the massage, I like some pain. However, if on a team with DH, I never would have heard the end of his pain. :lol: The only area I would balk some is the neck, too much pulling twisting there is stressful as you could be paralyzed or dead. That being said, I’m sure TAR hired professionals that knew what they were doing.
Christina Kim, a former high level professional golfer, had this type of massage in Korea while competing. It took her out for 18 months and she never competed at the same level again due to disruption of the nerves in her back. Since reading her story, the only massages I’ve had were with licensed therapists attached to a physical therapy clinic.

BaileyCatts

I totally would have done the scoop it up challenge. Anything that tells you to go to a 'market' in countries like Thailand, you know those markets are gonna be hhhhuuuuugggggeeeeee. Way too much walking for me. :lol:

Uh ... ick at the flower challenge for having to stomp around in that muck. And freaking things touching you under the water??!! :yikes:

Season 35 and you forget to check you have your fanny pack?? Dumbass. Kinda wish they would have lost it for that. There is no excuse for not making sure you have that fanny pack when you leave a site.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
But the market looked like the most fun!

ETA I can't believe those people who left their single shoe in the muck. Aren't they going to need it??

screech

But the market looked like the most fun!

ETA I can't believe those people who left their single shoe in the muck. Aren't they going to need it??
I think they were given shoes to wear. IIRC when Jocelyn showed up they cut to a shot of some gear (I may be misremembering).

I like that they gave the phonetic Thai spelling of the different items. Makes me think that I could do the market challenge. But wow, great advantage to Victor to be able to use his knowledge of Lao to help with the Thai.

Lilia A

I couldn't sleep so I watched the second episode. Still too many teams to keep track of who's whom. I'm not picking up on winners edit yet, still too early, but maybe in a few episodes. So far Victor and Jocelyn have been ahead of everyone else, but I do wonder how their confidence will be affected once they no longer have the language advantage. I think they're getting the "doing too well too soon" edit. I could be wrong though. I think they'll either be eliminated early on in a shocking twist or the editors are messing with us long time viewers and they'll actually make it very far, but I think their dominance of always being at the front of the pack won't last much longer. I really like Rob and Corey and I'm getting strong racers vibes from them. I hope they make it far. I don't really have an opinion on anyone else. There really are too many teams right now. Anyway, about the episode, it was okay. Not my favourite, but not bad either. From the airport shot in the next episode preview it looks like they're going to Vietnam, and if so then I look forward to that.

smurfy

I am enjoying this season so far. A lot of people to like. The top 3-4/5 teams are all very promising.
The 2 that left - no surprise either week. The brother/sister team - my impression - they are very smart/intelligent - but a bit limited world.
ITA - Rob & Corey - just cool and doing well.
Jocelyn & Victor - 2 1st places - wow!
In these 2 teams - only 1 is young/super athletic - and I love how both are doing - if the continue this way - both teams would deserve to win
Besties -in the dark pink - they know each other from college - but one of them just acts so young!
The sisters that got the express pass - the one sister not shutting up while the other struggled to eat the bugs - I hate those kind of relationships/interactions. Doesn't she realize she made it go slower.
Vet brothers seem cool, and the other set of brothers - seem young athletic -but nothing memorable.

Love this show. Interesting how they changed the schedule to meet the 90 min.
I love TAR and Survivor and Big Brother. I know TAR and Survivor have the longer episodes due to the strike - but if ratings are good - wonder if they would continue. I got caught up this weekend - watching the 2 episodes of each back to back - and feel like I know who more of the people are. Better pacing. But near the end when there are less contestants - the 90 min might feel long?

Lilia A

Yeah, it's not that I want people to be eliminated, but we're going into episode 4 with 11 teams still in the race. I still don't know who's whom and who's good and who's annoying. But I do know one thing, how can you forget to ask for your clue? Also, wheee to having to get your own tickets. But this also means the return of airport or departure time bunching, where a 12 hour lead can be shrunk to a 10 minute lead in a second. I have to agree with Rob about travel agents not being used much anymore. As a matter of fact, I don't recall ever using a travel agent. I'm sure my parents used travel agencies for some of our trips when we were kids, but I've never booked through an agent as an adult.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I have to agree with Rob about travel agents not being used much anymore.
We are like Rob, first and only time was our honeymoon. I still know people that use them, usually less adventurous types or people that want to go places but someone else does all the planning. The planning is my favorite part.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
We are like Rob, first and only time was our honeymoon. I still know people that use them, usually less adventurous types or people that want to go places but someone else does all the planning. The planning is my favorite part.
I don't think that is accurate. It depends on what the vacation is. I booked my own cruise but when the price dropped and I tried to re-fare, I couldn't get anyone to help me. I didn't want to cancel because I had paid for it with a lot of gift cards and wasn't sure what would happen to that money and if it would be refunded fast enough to be able to apply to a new booking.

I am transferring my booking to a travel agent this weekend and letting her deal with it all. Also, cruise travel agents can often book you with better deals than booking on-site either by having a block of cheaper cabins assigned to them or by providing significant onboard credits.

I still did all the planning including picking this cruise and deciding on what to do in each port and what kinds of extras we want to indulge in (i.e., spa treatments, special dinners)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information