Survivor S45

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
No one cared enough about the finale to post anything?? Just watching it now, good for Jake to earn the advantage. Don't think it will help him in the immunity challenge, as he's not a challenge kind of guy, but we'll see.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
No one cared enough about the finale to post anything?? Just watching it now, good for Jake to earn the advantage. Don't think it will help him in the immunity challenge, as he's not a challenge kind of guy, but we'll see.
I haven't watched it yet :D.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I haven't watched it yet either hahaha! I'm going to watch it after work today :lol:

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
Bowling league on Wednesday so always a day late. Dee deserved to win but :blah:

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Just watched and am happy that the correct person won :kickass: Although, damn, Dee was totally willing to leave her greatest play unspoken until Emily dragged it out of her. ETA: I just went to EW to read an interview with Austin, and the TC was shown totally out of order. Dee admitted lying about the Emily vote early on in the TC, and the back-and-forth that we saw earlier between Dee and Austin claiming strategic moves happened much later, and was Austin trying to recover from that bombshell.

I can't believe that Katurah had the opportunity to completely upend the game and didn't follow through. As much as I was rooting for Dee from early on, that would have been a great, great move. Without it, I really don't know why anyone was worried about Katurah getting to the F3.

Survivor is so much about people facing fears and becoming great, and I feel like Jake is a different level of success here - as he said, he faced failure again, and again, and again in this game and just kept trying. Happy for him that he won the fire challenge.

Last edited:

Jenny

From the Bloc
I think Dee deserved it across the board, ticked all the boxes. I think Austin deserved to get some votes, because even though he made some major errors, he also did a lot more right than most of the others. In his interview, he said that most of his moves were early in the game, or in the middle, and the jury had forgotten a lot of that - which is something any player should anticipate, especially when so much happened in the final days.

I loved Jake's story, his scrappyness, and I'm so glad he got that fire moment. Seems like a good honest guy who had a lot of moves in him, just didn't know how to use them. One thing that really impressed me when they were doing the advantage is when he said he can't outrun any of them, so he's got to get it right the first time, taking his time to get the counts right, and he did it. I hope he's proud of that too, even if he then squandered the advantage in the challenge itself.

I think they did Katurah a disservice though. The first half of the season was entirely about how much Bruce bugged her, when in fact she is a very intelligent woman who not only saw what other players (read, the ones comfy in their alliances) didn't, but had a long view of the path to the end. Also interesting is that both Dee and Julie think she switched her vote because Dee cried during TC (wasn't shown) but Katurah tells it differently - that even though she was the one who convinced Jake to vote out Dee - took hours apparently - she also knew Jake was desperate to make some big moves, and she was worried he was keeping something from her, which he was. Second is that given her background, she trusts her body to tell her when something's off, and again, she was right. I admire her.

Aside from the ones who quit at the beginning, Julie is my most disliked player of the season. All along we heard the other players say that they didn't want to be next to her at the end, but IIRC, we never actually got more than that - reasons why they all liked her and why that made her a threat. All we saw is her taking everything personally, and wanting to go after those who said or wrote her name, and otherwise relying on Drew, Austin and especially Dee to do all the brainwork and take all the strategic chances. In her post interview, she's even upset that Dee took credit for the Emily vote. And she is certain if she had made it to the end, she would have won. In fairness, Jeff said so too, but then he would have seen a lot we didn't.

Anyway, I went into the final thinking anyone but Julie, hopefully Austin but IMO Dee won it fair and square.

I wonder if any of them hung around to film season 46? If it's anyone, my bet is Kaleb.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Just watched and am happy that the correct person won :kickass: Although, damn, Dee was totally willing to leave her greatest play unspoken until Emily dragged it out of her.
Dee said in her exit interview that she planned to spring that at FTC all along. She resisted the urge to tell Austin because she figured that would ruin the impact.

Great performance by Dee at the end to seal her win.

LOL at all the lying lawyers!

Sia gave Keturah $100K as her favorite and also gave Jake and Kaleb each $15K.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Sia the singer? That's rather invested in a tv show.
She's been awarding money to contestants for several seasons now.

The tradition began in season 32, but Sia admitted that she almost gave the late Keith Nale the first "Sia Award" after season 31. However, she finally built up the courage to surprise Jeff Probst by walking onto the stage at the season 32 reunion. She then announced that she'd be donating money to her favorite player, and to charity. Since that moment, 16 Survivor players have received monetary prizes from Sia, due to their actions on the show.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Wendell won a season I didn't watch, but it seems awfully early in Dee's post-Survivor victory lap to have so much drama :eek:

sk8pics

Survivor is so much about people facing fears and becoming great, and I feel like Jake is a different level of success here - as he said, he faced failure again, and again, and again in this game and just kept trying. Happy for him that he won the fire challenge.
ITA, I was so happy for him when he won the fire challenge especially after he was freaking out while practicing.
I loved Jake's story, his scrappyness, and I'm so glad he got that fire moment. Seems like a good honest guy who had a lot of moves in him, just didn't know how to use them. One thing that really impressed me when they were doing the advantage is when he said he can't outrun any of them, so he's got to get it right the first time, taking his time to get the counts right, and he did it. I hope he's proud of that too, even if he then squandered the advantage in the challenge itself.
Yeah, I was so happy for him when he won that challenge.

I literally just finished watching this season today, LOL. There was a moment when I thought Jake might have a chance to win, but then I was just hoping he got one vote. He seemed okay with how everything turned out, and I hope he appreciates the whole experience and everything that he overcame. I felt so sad for him on more than one occasion.

So are Austin and Dee still together? I’m guessing no…

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information