2018 Fall-Spring TV New/Returning Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
2018 Fall-Spring TV New/Returning Shows: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Daily TV Ratings: https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/

ABC: https://abc.go.com/

CBS: https://www.cbs.com/

NBC: https://www.nbc.com/

FOX: https://www.fox.com/

The CW: http://www.cwtv.com/

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday August 26/2018 - Saturday September 01/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, August 26
8 p.m. - HER BOYFRIEND'S SECRET (TV Movie) - Lifetime
9 p.m. - AMERICA TO ME - Starz

Tuesday, August 28
10 p.m. - Greenleaf Season 3 - OWN (Special Night)

Wednesday, August 29
9 p.m. - Property Brothers Season 13 - HGTV
10 p.m. - Greenleaf Season 3 - OWN (Time Slot Premiere)

Thursday, August 30
12:01 a.m. PT - ONE DOLLAR - CBS All Access

Friday, August 31
12:01 a.m. PT - JACK RYAN - Amazon
12:01 a.m. PT - Ozark Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - The Comedy Lineup Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - PARADISE P.D. - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Ultimate Beastmaster Season 3 - Netflix

Saturday, September 1
8 p.m. - College Football on Fox - Season 8
8:07 p.m. - Saturday Night College Football Season 13 - ABC

Please post any updates I may have missed. And please post links to other Networks/Shows and your favorite previews.

Last edited:

BaileyCatts

I see they've done a remake of This Is Us already. Except its a group of friends instead of siblings, there's a guy whose dead yet still on the show .... same difference. A Million Little Things. The endless commercials for it are making me sick of it already. I'll have to see what's on opposite it if I decide to give that one a shot. :blah:

PeterG

I was just thinking earlier today about there not being a season of Hollywood Game Night this year. I thought it was possibly the best game show around. Apparently a season six has been ordered, but I guess there's no season for 2018, that they're skipping a year. Is it 2019 yet? :D

Japanfan

Those who follow '12 Monkeys' probably know that last season has aired.

I haven't finished watching it yet but will probably get to it soon, in the absence of having anything better to watch.

I thought it kind of fell apart the last two seasons. At some point I decided to stop making sense of it and just go along for the ride, but then the ride got boring.

I don't think the writers of this show have any logic to the story development, although they did try to in the beginning.

They probably throw darts at the wall to determine the sequence of years they present in a given show.

PeterG

Okay, here's the issue that came up for me on Episode 2. Sorry, Peter G. :scream:

The castaways have been out how many days now, about 7?

Well, the woman who found the fat guy last week - I forget her name - wandered off for some days to forage or explore. Now she's come back. And her nail polish is entirely intact?

Would nail polish not get chipped while foraging in the jungle? I don't see how not.

If the nail polish remains perfect for a few more episodes, I think I may have to stop watching the show due it so obviously being contrived.

Or, are we to believe that she found nail polish and remover in the suitcase she found? Had them in her pocket, just in case she got swept out to sea?

In the case of the former, I'd want to check what color of polish she had on before she found the suitcase.

The first episode was the first day or two four about four of the castaways. Episode two was the first day or two of another three of four castaways. Episode two also showed a bit of the second and third days for some of the people we saw in episode one. Nothing's shown in linear time (am I using the word linear properly here? :LOL:). We are shown bits and pieces from people's experiences in whichever way makes for the most interesting storytelling. :)

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I gave the first episode of Castaways a shot and I'm starting episode 2 now, but I don't know if I'll get through it. The backstories are cheesy and obviously the producers told all of them to go way over the top with the drama... example being the larger guy telling his family randomly that he is adopted and all of the other pre-show clips they've shown of everyone. The guy from Honduras, you can't tell me that some of his first conversations about his brother being shot/getting his shoes stolen were in front of cameras for the show. Also, there's no way that all of them (or however many we've seen so far) have journals with details about kissing a girl or whatever else. It's 2018, and these people aren't 13 years old.

So I get that this is supposed to be a journey into the mind when you have everything taken away from you, but it seems like we are being force-fed all of the things prior to them being on the islands and then having them come up 'randomly' as issues while they are there for the sake of them having something to think about. It's not Survivor and they aren't trying to backstab each other for a million dollars, after all.

I think I'd rather restart Lost from the beginning. Same concept.

ETA: I see on the info page about the show that they were required to write journals so that if others found it, they would have an idea about whose bag it was. I get it, but I think it's a lame addition.

Japanfan

The first episode was the first day or two four about four of the castaways. Episode two was the first day or two of another three of four castaways. Episode two also showed a bit of the second and third days for some of the people we saw in episode one. Nothing's shown in linear time (am I using the word linear properly here? :LOL:). We are shown bits and pieces from people's experiences in whichever way makes for the most interesting storytelling. :)

For me that's just confusing storytelling.

I want linear storytelling for a series like this because the progression of time is so critical to the experience of being castaway. And I don't want the ridiculous - which IMO is what perfectly polished nails is on a castaway who has been foraging for days in the jungle. Even though I know that reality TV is highly constructed and scripted, I want some semblance at least of. . .reality.

This show is making it too obvious that the whole story was scripted IMO. The 'castaways' were probably flown over to the islands from a Hawaii hotel every day to do their shoots. After the ladies went to the spa and had their nails done.

I guess I'm not the intended audience for this show - never watched 'Lost', so I cannot compare the two.

Last edited:

Susan1

I find grids to be really helpful when a new TV season starts. Here's one that looks pretty good:

https://tvline.com/2018/05/14/fall-tv-schedule-2018-nbc-network-abc-primetime-cbs-shows/

The shows from 8pm to 11pm from the five major networks are all listed, with the new shows in red.
Funny - Murphy Brown is red and black.

Have to watch The Rookie for Nathan Fillion!

Every time I see the commercial for Manifest, I think about how if I was presumed gone and came back in 5-1/2 years, my whole life would be gone - house, clothes, savings, pictures. I don't have anybody who would keep any of those things. Sell it, spend it, trash it. Depressing.

PeterG

Funny - Murphy Brown is red and black.

So is The Conners (and Will and Grace would have been last year). It's because the shows are both new show as well as returning shows.

Every time I see the commercial for Manifest, I think about how if I was presumed gone and came back in 5-1/2 years, my whole life would be gone - house, clothes, savings, pictures. I don't have anybody who would keep any of those things. Sell it, spend it, trash it. Depressing.

But look at the glass half full. All those clothes you thought that one day you'd fit into would be...GONE! :cheer: :D :cheer2: :lol: As for your savings, just ask for it back from those in your will. With interest. :p

Susan1

But look at the glass half full. All those clothes you thought that one day you'd fit into would be...GONE! :cheer: :D :cheer2: :lol: As for your savings, just ask for it back from those in your will. With interest. :p

Huh? I have three closets full of clothes that fit if I had anywhere to wear them. I would miss my clothes more than anything. I could not replace 99% of it even if I won the lottery. Today's styles don't fit me.

ha ha Six pairs of flannel pajamas? The Sears at the mall is closing in November. I need to grab a couple more! At CVS today, I bought four pairs of $1 slipper socks that I got a 32% discount on. I have one entire drawer full of slipper socks, but 68 cents a pair was too good to pass up. I wear them to bed 8 months out of the year. I don't wear them out anywhere with shoes, but you could. They are not the nonslip kind; I have a few of those two.

Savings - it would go through people's hands like water. Sell my house, car, furniture? Take a trip or buy cars for their kids. That's why I don't want to die. People who don't care about me while I'm alive would benefit.

Albums full of pictures that nobody else knows who they are would just be thrown away. I'm making my stomach hurt.

I can't fly because of my defective Eustachian tubes anyway. ha ha

Last edited:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday September 02/2018 - Saturday September 08/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Tuesday, September 4
10 p.m. - MAYANS M.C. - FX
10 p.m. - THE PURGE - USA

Wednesday, September 5
10 p.m. - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13 - FXX

Thursday, September 6
12:01 a.m. PT - I Love You, America Season 2 - Hulu
8:20 p.m. - Sunday Night Football Season 32 - NBC

Friday, September 7
12:01 a.m. PT - Marvel's Iron Fist Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Las Chicas Del Cable Season 3 - Netflix
8:00 p.m. - Stand Up To Cancer 2018 - ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC
9 p.m. - Marriage Boot Camp Season 13 - WE

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I’m really enjoying the Project Runway marathon on Bravo. All of season 3... Jeffrey, Laura, Uli, Mychael, Kayne and the crazies like Vincent and Angela. I wonder if Bravo is working to get the show back from Lifetime now that the Weinstein company has little power. I’d kill to see a reinvention by the Magical Elves production team.

Last edited:

tony

I’m really enjoying the Project Runway marathon on Bravo. All of season 3... Jeffrey, Laura, Uli, Mychael, Kayne and the crazies like Vincent and Angela. I wonder if Bravo is working to get the show back from Lifetime now that the Weinstein company has little power. I’d kill to see a reinvention by the Magical Elves production team.

It's already been announced that moving forward, it's back to BRAVO.

skatesindreams

From NBC Universal's "Upfront" event:

Project Runway is coming back to Bravo in style! Andy Cohen announced the news during NBCUniversal's Upfront presentation in New York on Monday.
The fashion design competition originally aired on Bravo from 2004 to 2008. From Season 1 to Season 5, fans got to see the most talented up-and-coming fashion designers take part in the craziest challenges that really put their creativity to the test, all in the name of wowing host and judge Heidi Klum, judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia, and mentor Tim Gunn with the most gorgeous, breathtaking, and innovative designs they could envision.
Now Project Runway will be back for Season 17 on Bravo. "We are beyond excited to reboot 'Project Runway' at the network where it all began. Leaning into the creative process in an entertaining way has always been part of Bravo's DNA, and 'Project Runway' perfectly captures that," Frances Berwick, President Lifestyle Networks, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, said in a statement. "This franchise will be an important cornerstone to complement Bravo's original premium scripted and unscripted slate, and we expect it to drive the same level of fan-dom and passion as we experienced last time it was on Bravo."
http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-h...okbook/christian-siriano-michelle-obama-dress

Cachoo

I binge-watched "The Great British Baking Show" without Mary Berry, Sue and Mel and I have to say the show has lost some of it's charm. I think it is the people who replaced Sue and Mel. I find them more annoying than funny. The contestants and their bakes were still good though. Pru (the replacement for Mary) is ok though I liked Mary more. But I miss Sue and Mel the most.

tony

I binge-watched "The Great British Baking Show" without Mary Berry, Sue and Mel and I have to say the show has lost some of it's charm. I think it is the people who replaced Sue and Mel. I find them more annoying than funny. The contestants and their bakes were still good though. Pru (the replacement for Mary) is ok though I liked Mary more. But I miss Sue and Mel the most.

It felt much different to me, as well. I didn’t even make it through the first episode before I was back to looking at my phone.

manhn

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...news-kiefer-sutherland-drama-season-3-1123688

It's official: Netflix has revived yet another canceled broadcast network show.

The streaming giant has renewed Kiefer Sutherland vehicle Designated Survivor for a third season — months after ABC canceledthe political drama. Neal Baer (Under the Dome, ER) will replace Keith Eisner (The Good Wife) as Entertainment One drama's fifth overall showrunner. The third season will consist of 10 episodes, less than half the order for its first two runs on the Disney-owned broadcast network. The series will be produced as a Netflix original, meaning ABC Studios is no longer involved as a producer alongside eOne.

Who in the world needed another season of Designated Survivor? I watched that (due to my loyalty to Maggie Q) and Timeless. Besides the fact that I personally preferred Timeless, it seemed there was a greater public push to keep Timeless alive.

BaileyCatts

meh. Don't have Netflix and not gonna get it just to continue watching Designated Survivor. Totally agree they shoulda revived Timeless! I woulda signed up just to continue to watch Timeless.

text_skate

I like Designated Survivor. Glad to see it renewed. Hopefully they got a more lasting show runner.

ballettmaus

Designated Survivor might be less expensive to produce than a time-travel show with special effects and major new costuming/sets each episode.

If they want to use new costumes that's their decision but I'm sure there are costumes they could use on set. I also imagine period sets to be available on a movie/TV show set.

sk8pics

I liked Designated Survivor, too. No Netflix subscription. Perhaps I'll subscribe some time to binge watch and then cancel it.

tony

Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are creating a new show; leaving "Project Runway":
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...it-project-runway-amazon-fashion-show-1140770

Article says Zac Posen is out as well. I would be surprised if Nina decided to stay with everyone else gone. I really hope they don’t think about Alyssa Milano as host, after her All-Stars stints.

It’ll be interesting to see who is cast, but I fear this is the beginning of the end for the show.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
it's not a new show but I've been watching 'The White Queen' all week and god but George, King Edward's brother, and the Neville family are all so incredibly annoying. Actually, Edward is as well. :lol:

I actually think it's a nice production, though I usually end up disliking most things from Philippa Gregory. Still, everyone's very annoying and I just want Elizabeth to make them go away. Surprisingly, Margaret Beaufort is less irritating. I started this show thinking she'd be my least favorite character but she's much more bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information