Fall 2022-Summer 2023 New/Returning TV/Streaming Shows

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday August 13/2023 - Saturday August 19/2023:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2023-tv-premiere-dates#section-august-2023-premiere-dates

Thursday, August 17
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.COLD CASE FILES: DNA SPEAKSHulu
3:01 a.m.Killing It Season 2Peacock
3:01 a.m.My Dad the Bounty Hunter Season 2Netflix
3:01 a.m.The Upshaws Season 4Netflix

Friday, August 18
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.HARLAN COBEN'S SHELTERAmazon
12:01 a.m.MALA FORTUNAAmazon
3:01 a.m.GUNS & GULAABSNetflix
3:01 a.m.HONEST RENOVATIONSRoku
3:01 a.m.MASK GIRLNetflix
9 p.m.TIME OF ESSENCEOWN

Please post any updates I may have missed.

text_skate

I've watched series 2 of Made in Heaven (after rewatching series 1) and enjoyed it. There are two new characters, which are great. I hope for a 3rd series or a spin-off, particularly with Meher, a very cool transgender person.
Still, imo the series is not as good as series 1. Sometimes it've felt a bit lectured. I prefer "show, don't tell". There were a lot of topics, they've tried to tacle. Probably too much. And sometimes I thought, "ok, wishful thinking".

text_skate

I found a Hindi language series while surfing Prime, and I really liked it! It's called Dahaad and features a badass female detective tracking down a serial killer. It is filmed in Rajasthan, which is beautiful, the characters are fleshed out, the acting is excellent across the board, and the social justice themes (not that different from Barbie) are illustrated very poignantly without being strident.
I've watched it over the last few days (couldn't binge-watch due to tons of work). It's great. I hope for a second series. The creators / producers are the same as from Made in Heaven: Reema Kagti and Zoya Akhtar

LeafOnTheWind

Meryl Streep in Only Murders in the Building. The lullaby was amazing.

now on YouTube

I want someone to use this as a short program sometime.

Last edited:

sk8pics

Writers strike and actors strike - we could be waiting a while.
I guess some of the streaming shows have filmed seasons back to back, just waiting to air the second (or third or whatever) season. Picard filmed seasons 2 and 3 together. So I don't know if SNW filmed the second and third together.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
They were in the middle of filming season 3 when the strike happened. I don't know if they'll air the partial season or wait for all of it to be finished filming.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Depends how they filmed. If it was even partally out of order (e.g. filming the bridge scenes for various episodes all at once) it could be that there are few-zero episodes that can actually be completed in Post Production.

ballettmaus

With regards to regular TV season, a week or so ago, Warren Leight tweeted that if the strikes are resolved by Labor Day, they could have the writers' rooms up-and-running by October and film 13-episode seasons that could premiere mid-season.

Given that the studios have to give up like 0.1% or so of their profits, the losses that they risk by not being more forthcoming is mind-boggling. How much more money do the bosses need? What for? Another house? Another car? Another plane? They can only use one at a time anyway.

sk8pics

Depends how they filmed. If it was even partally out of order (e.g. filming the bridge scenes for various episodes all at once) it could be that there are few-zero episodes that can actually be completed in Post Production.
I don’t think they usually film that way, but it’s more completing filming on a current episode before moving on. At least that’s the impression I‘ve gotten from Wil Wheaton’s The Ready Room discussions.

Just saw an article posted in Facebook Star Trek group that it will likely be some time in 2025 before we see the resolution of the SNW season 2 cliffhanger.

Last edited:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday August 20/2023 - Saturday August 26/2023:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2023-tv-premiere-dates#section-august-2023-premiere-dates

Sunday, August 20
TimeTitleChannel
9 p.m.THE WINTER KINGMGM+
10 p.m.Disappeared Season 11ID
10 p.m.SAN FRANCISCO SOUNDSMGM+
10 p.m.Sister Wives Season 14TLC

Tuesday, August 22
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.Untold: Swamp KingsNetflix
9 p.m.Bobby's Triple Threat Season 2Food

Wednesday, August 23
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.Invasion Season 2Apple TV+
3:01 a.m.DESTINE WITH YOUNetflix
3:01 a.m.STAR WARS: AHSOKADisney+
3:01 a.m.The Ultimatum Season 2Netflix
8 p.m.America's Got Talent (Time Slot Premiere)NBC

Thursday, August 24
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.WHO IS ERIN CARTER?Netflix
3:01 a.m.Zatima Season 3BET+
8 p.m.Mountain Men Season 12History
9 p.m.TOYA & REGINAEWE

Friday, August 25
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.WANTEDApple TV+

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
The new rom-com Puppy Love on FreeVee is so freaking cute. The couple’s dogs play a big part in the movie, and they are beyond, beyond adorable. Highly recommend!

skatingguy

decently
I finally decided to watch 'Only Murders in the Building'. Each season is only 10 30 minute episodes, and it's very entertaining. The chemistry between Martin, Short, and Gomez really works right from the first episode.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday August 27/2023 - Saturday September 02/2023:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2023-tv-premiere-dates#section-august-2023-premiere-dates

Monday, August 28
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.Princess Power Season 2Netflix

Tuesday, August 29
TimeTitleChannel
9 p.m.AMERICAN HISTORIAPBS
10 p.m.Mysteries of the Abandoned Season 2Discovery

Wednesday, August 30
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.LIVE TO 100Netflix
10 p.m.Archer Season 14FXX
10 p.m.Expedition Bigfoot Season 4Discovery

Thursday, August 31
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.ADVENTURE TIME: FIONNA AND CAKEMax
3:01 a.m.Karate Sheep Season 2Netflix
3:01 a.m.ONE PIECENetflix
3:01 a.m.The Pact Season 2Sundance Now

Friday, September 1
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.The Wheel of Time Season 2Amazon
8 p.m.Power Book IV: Force Season 2Starz

Saturday, September 2
TimeTitleChannel
7:30 p.m.BIG TEN SATURDAY NIGHTNBC
7:30 p.m.Saturday Night College FootaballABC

vgerdes

I finally decided to watch 'Only Murders in the Building'. Each season is only 10 30 minute episodes, and it's very entertaining. The chemistry between Martin, Short, and Gomez really works right from the first episode.
I wasn't surprised at all that Martin and Short had good chemistry -- they've worked together before, and are always awesome. Gomez was the surprise. She's really good.

VICK B.

ABC game shows are disappearing....

Press your luck
Holey Moley
Match Game
To tell the truth
Any many more....

While Disney+ has more than 150 million paid subscribers...

Vick

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information