2018 Fall-Spring TV New/Returning Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan1

I'll watch the Conners without Rosanne now because I wanted to see the show that follows. There's nothing else on from 8-9. And the show is about growing up in the 70s! I still watch That 70's Show reruns. I even had some clothes exactly like Donna and Jackie.
I sat through the Conners. Those people are no more likeable without Rosanne. No more. And I only made it through 10 minutes of the one after it, which I can't even remember the name. People are so obnoxious. This stuff just isn't funny. I'll just have to watch something from the DVR on Tuesdays at 8.

That was the best This Is Us so far! No whining Kate, no whining Toby, no whining Randall, no whining Beth, no whining Kevin.

I did like The Rookie.

BaileyCatts

The Conners was horrible. I only watched to see how they wrote out Roseanne. I could barely make it thru the end. Clearly showed how bad an actor all 3 of the kids are without Roseanne to play off of. It was like watching a high school play. I won't be watching again. Also agree about that show that was on after it, I can't even remember the name either. Wasn't funny at all. I'll use that hour to catch up on my DVR stuff. I'm out on both!

This Is Us was great. I wonder what happened to Jack's dad that in 1948 when Nicky was born, he said he doesn't drink. Then like 6 years later he's a drunk and an abuser. I wouldn't mind seeing some backstory in young Jack's life to see what happened there. But is it likely that Jack could have enlisted (he would have been like 27 in 1970), be a leader type rank, and get to be sent to the same squad that Nicky was in? Yeah, TV, they make it happen. But I wonder how realistic that scenario is.

manhn

It sounds worse than what was portrayed. I actually thought the episode was moving. I refused to watch last season, but I am comitted this season. My goodness, when did John Goodman lose so much weight?

I am hoping Jackie has stopped acting like Gilligan.

The Darlene and Becky relationship is the best. I like DJ's wife.

Susan1

This Is Us was great. I wonder what happened to Jack's dad that in 1948 when Nicky was born, he said he doesn't drink. Then like 6 years later he's a drunk and an abuser. I wouldn't mind seeing some backstory in young Jack's life to see what happened there. But is it likely that Jack could have enlisted (he would have been like 27 in 1970), be a leader type rank, and get to be sent to the same squad that Nicky was in? Yeah, TV, they make it happen. But I wonder how realistic that scenario is.

Me too! I was trying to pay attention to the years and the ages of the boys and they didn't make sense. But, they weren't in the same squad. Jack had to take a helicopter to the location the letter to their mother came from. Super Jack - joins the army with a heart problem just to find his brother and gets promoted immediately and cleans up all of Vietnam. ha ha
My goodness, when did John Goodman lose so much weight?
Me too too! It looks like somebody sucked his body out and left the saggy skin hanging there. He was hard to look at.

Jenny

From the Bloc
She overdosed on opioids after her knee surgery.

It was totally set up last season. Not the death, but the opioid use. Roseanne had knee problems, Dan had back problems, so drugs and their lack of money for surgery was an ongoing storyline. Soon enough, Roseanne was hoarding their prescriptions, getting black market stuff, they were all concerned for her, and that's where they left off last season.

It's funny because what was likely supposed to be a major storyline about addiction this season turned out to be the most obvious way to kill her off.

mackiecat

I thought with the weight loss, Goodman truly looked like a grieving spouse. He seemed so lost. After seeing my father when my mom died, it was eerie. It looked like they aged overnight

Susan1

The Great Pumpkin is on tonight at 8 p.m. - ABC. I don't even need the sound. I can recite the whole thing!
For awhile, they showed a Shrek Halloween thing after. That was funny.

I watched the Toy Story one that they show now once. I never saw the movies, so it wasn't that interesting.

Years and years ago, it was a Garfield Halloween show.

Anybody else know so much about Halloween cartoons? ha ha

Japanfan

We've only just start watching 'American Horror Story' (season 1).

After two episodes, I can't say I'm inspired to continue watching. I don't care for some of the visual techniques - for example, a character describes having a big dream about being crushed in an elevator, and then is shown being crushed in an elevator. I get the point without the visuals.

I'm also not yet invested in any of the characters.

I do love Jessica Lange, but she has only a small role. I'm expecting the same from Kathy Bates.

Anyone advise me to hang in there?

ilovepaydays

Okay I need advice on live TV streaming services (because I just cut my cable tv because I was too :mad:) - do I go with YouTubeTV or HuluPlus? Or something else?

I figured this would be the best thread to ask this. :)

I want to have live tv with normal local, news, and entertainment channels + ESPN/NBCSN/Olympic Channel (because skating/gymnastics DUH!). It looks like Hulu and YouTubeTV offers this at around $40/month.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
^^^^I don't know much about it but I would look into Sling TV to see if they offer what you want and find out their prices.

How is everyone doing with their new shows? I'm really enjoying Manifest and A Million Little Things seems to get better and better every week. I'm also still enjoying All American although there's only been two weeks of eps so far. I might try out New Amsterdam at some point because I've got friends who are enjoying it but other than that, I haven't really wanted to check out anything else. I'm not watching as much TV as I have in the past and I actually like it that way. :)

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday October 21/2018 - Saturday October 27/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, October 21
8 p.m. - THE LOVER IN THE ATTIC: A TRUE STORY (TV Movie) - Lifetime
10 p.m. - Wolf Creek Season 2 - Pop
10 p.m. - THE WOMAN IN WHITE - PBS

Monday, October 22
12 a.m. - Dream Corp LLC Season 2 - Adult Swim
9 p.m. - DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - The CW

Tuesday, October 23
12:01 a.m. PT - ADAM SANDLER: 100% FRESH - Netflix
10 p.m. - The Guest Book Season 2 - TBS
10:30 p.m. - The Guest Book Season 2 - TBS (Time Slot Premiere)

Wednesday, October 24
12:01 a.m. PT - BODYGUARD - Netflix

Thursday, October 25
9 p.m. - LEGACIES (The Originals Spinoff) - The CW

Friday, October 26
12:01 a.m. PT - CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA -Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Castlevania Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Deutschland 86 Season 2 - Sundance
9 p.m. - Midnight, Texas Season 2 - NBC
11 p.m. - Channel Zero: The Dream Door (Season 4) - Syfy

Saturday, October 27
8 p.m. - CHRISTMAS AT PEMBERLEY MANOR (TV Movie) - Hallmark
8 p.m. - ZOMBIE AT 17 (TV Movie) - Lifetime
9 p.m. - DEAD IN THE WATER (TV Movie) - Syfy

Please post any updates I may have missed.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
Friday, October 26 9 p.m. - Midnight, Texas Season 2 - NBC: I really liked S1 of Midnight, Texas. Glad to see it back after a year and a half.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Netflix has cancelled Luke Cage and Iron Fist. :(
I hated Iron Fist 1 so not exactly sad about this but I think Luke Cage was very much a missed opportunity. He was a great character on Jessica Jones, but when they put him in his own show it was like he was a different man. It was still interesting to watch but not as much as it would have been if they didn't assassinate his character.

Josh78

^^^^I don't know much about it but I would look into Sling TV to see if they offer what you want and find out their prices.

How is everyone doing with their new shows? I'm really enjoying Manifest and A Million Little Things seems to get better and better every week. I'm also still enjoying All American although there's only been two weeks of eps so far. I might try out New Amsterdam at some point because I've got friends who are enjoying it but other than that, I haven't really wanted to check out anything else. I'm not watching as much TV as I have in the past and I actually like it that way. :)

I'm watching A Million Little Things religiously -- The characters are all multi-dimensional but the ultra-slow burn in revealing things I think COULD be it's Achilles' heel -- I mean COME ON, it's OBVIOUS that secretary Ashley is NOT on the up-and-up and the most honest girl -- I want to know WHAT was in that manila folder that she hid in the desk -- and WHY has no one YET found it? and what did Jon know about her that apparently made him collect the info in it, but then commit suicide instead of confronting her? It's obvious she was finagling the financial records...

The Good Doctor is as good as ever! -- and i actually LOVE The Connors so far -- they're all talented enough to succeed without Roseanne and having her die due to opioid overdose is unfortunately SO with the times --

Is anyone watching the new Doctor Who on BBC America? I am HOOKED! - and Murphy Brown is as funny and current now as it was 25 years ago!

cygnus

[QUOTE="

Is anyone watching the new Doctor Who on BBC America? I am HOOKED! - and Murphy Brown is as funny and current now as it was 25 years ago![/QUOTE]

I have only watched one episode (the timing has been off for me)- the Rosa Parks episode, and I loved it. I think that Jodie Whittaker is brilliant as the new doctor, and she has breathed new life into the franchise. Loved the new companions too.

Susan1

In case you missed it before (or 50 times), the Great Pumpkin is on at 8 p.m. tonight. Rats, what network? It's scheduled for an hour, so it must have the Election cartoon on too. It doesn't say on the t.v. schedule. The New Year's cartoon doesn't ever show She's A Great Skate, Charlie Brown as being the second half hour either. I only ever watched the election one the first time it was on.

SaSherka

Not exactly on topic but not exactly off - I saw our own @SaSherka listed with a posted comment (and picture!) on the locally syndicated episode of JEOPARDY! last night!
Whaaaaa??? 😲
They contacted me a while ago for permission, but I thought I had missed it. Must look it up! 😁
Thanks for the heads up!

DannyCurry

I've just watched the 4 latest episodes of Will & Grace. I enjoyed the comebacks (Beverly Leslie, Malcolm, Smitty) and new guest star David Schwimmer. This show is still one of my favorites (maybe even, my number 1, mainly thanks to Karen Walker's character <3). Laughters and bittersweet moments. I love love it.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday October 28/2018 - Saturday November 03/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, October 28
12:01 a.m. PT - PATRIOT ACT WITH HASAN MINHAJ - Netflix
8 p.m. - CRIKEY! IT'S THE IRWINS - Animal Planet
9 p.m. - Ray Donovan Season 6 - Showtime

Monday, October 29
10 p.m. - A VERY WICKED HALLOWEEN: CELEBRATING 15 YEARS ON BROADWAY - NBC (One-Hour Special Presentation)

Tuesday, October 30
8 p.m. - 7 Little Johnsons Season 5 - TLC

Wednesday, October 31
12:01 a.m. PT - TELL ME A STORY - CBS All Access
10 p.m. - Stan Against Evil Season 3 - IFC

Thursday, November 1
12:01 a.m. PT - StartUp Season 3 - Crackle

Friday, November 2
12:01 a.m. PT - HOMECOMING - Amazon
12:01 a.m. PT - House of Cards Season 6 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - INTO THE DARK: FLESH & BLOOD (Episode 2) - Hulu
9 p.m. - WATERGATE - History
9:30 p.m. - TOO STUPID TO DIE - MTV
10 p.m. - Mike Judge Presents: Tales from the Tour Bus Season 2 - Showtime

Saturday, November 3
8 p.m. - CHRISTMAS JOY (TV Movie) - Hallmark
9 p.m. - SHUT UP AND DRIBBLE - Showtime

Please post any updates I may have missed.

A.H.Black

New shows I find myself still watching -

FBI
Manifest
The Rookie
Woman in White

My guilty pleasure is Murphy Brown. I still laugh like I did when the original was on - whether I agree with the politics or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information