Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

Only if you're 'woke' and don't understand the selection criteria doesn't even have Starr in any priority group based upon her international scores.
Except that, as you always liked to say, she could jump right up to Group 3 with a top 3 placement at Nationals which would make her level up to the same gorup as the other top women.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I think AA meant when Ashley was placed on the team ahead of Mirai in 2014 and a few pieces came out alleging racism.
Thank you! Thank you! Race would have been the very last thing that would have occurred to me in Ashley's selection.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I think AA meant when Ashley was placed on the team ahead of Mirai in 2014 and a few pieces came out alleging racism.
Lindsay Gibbs of the Burn It All Down podcast argued the same thing in an episode sometime in cv-time. With a great deal of outrage.

VGThuy

Lindsay Gibbs of the Burn It All Down podcast argued the same thing in an episode sometime in cv-time. With a great deal of outrage.
Really? I thought people would have forgotten about it by 2019-2020 ish, especially after Mirai’s triumph at the 2018 Olympics team event that led her to gaining fans and a DWTS spot.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Look, I'm no USFSA defender, but if they were choosing their Olympic/World teams based on anti-Asian racism, Vincent could have the one replaced by Adam in 2018 instead of Ross, Amber could have been sent to Worlds last year instead of Karen, Ashley could have been scored ahead of Karen at Nationals in 2018...

What happened in 2014 was pretty obvious. USFSA said they were going to use body of work and no one believed them until they did it.

olympic

Well skated event, actually. Too bad Bradie wasn't there in top form - 4 women competing for 3 spots would've promised to be a showdown.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I predict

Mariah, Karen, Alysa for O's with Thornberg as one alternate, isabeau or maybe Glenn as second

Thornburg, Andrews, Isabeau maybe Glenn for 4 CC

Alysa, Thornburg, Andrews or Isabeau for Worlds

Of course that means everyone stays healthy. Maybe Gold if she can get minimums at a B comp is in the mix.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
US Women with Olympics/4CCs TES mins (all have the Worlds mins, btw) -
Starr Andrews
Mariah Bell
Karen Chen
Amber Glenn
Hanna Harrell
Gabriella Izzo
Alysa Liu
Audrey Shin
Lindsay Thorngren
Sierra Venetta

US Women with Jr Worlds TES mins -
Elsa Cheng
Hanna Harrell
Hanna Herrera
Mia Kalin
Josephine Lee
Isabeau Levito
Alysa Liu
Clare Seo
Audrey Shin
Lindsay Thorngren
Kate Wang
Ava Ziegler
also listed on the Junior TES page are Starr Andrews & Gabriella Izzo but I thought they were too old since they're over 18 or did the ISU change the age max to 21 for all junior disciplines?

gkelly

also listed on the Junior TES page are Starr Andrews & Gabriella Izzo but I thought they were too old since they're over 18 or did the ISU change the age max to 21 for all junior disciplines?
The cutoff is under 19 as of July 1. So if they're 18 now, they're eligible. Even if they turned 19 on July 2 they'd be eligible.

I don't offhand know the ages of those particular skaters.

AYS

🌻
A judge gave Karen's layback a -5.
With that kind of severe outlier score, I'm inclined to think it was a data entry error (neg instead of pos). There is nothing else in that judge's scores on the other elements that suggests any sort of marking down of her elements.

However, I do notice that same judge gave Alysa a severe outlier score on IN - both relative to the other judges and their own marks on the other PCS. Maybe they need a data entry refresher.

olympic

Going into tonight, I think all of Liu, Bell and Chen can relax a little and just skate. They have punched their tickets to Beijing. Spots #4 and #5 are juniors and #6 is GG (I bow to her comeback), who doesn't have the minimums for the Olympics. Even if one of them should slip up badly, their consideration won't be threatened by anyone else.

Although, it would be nice if they all skated well cuz US ladies really need to make a statement and reset the narrative going into February!

sk8nlizard

US Women with Olympics/4CCs TES mins (all have the Worlds mins, btw) -
Starr Andrews
Mariah Bell
Karen Chen
Amber Glenn
Hanna Harrell
Gabriella Izzo
Alysa Liu
Audrey Shin
Lindsay Thorngren
Sierra Venetta

US Women with Jr Worlds TES mins -
Elsa Cheng
Hanna Harrell
Hanna Herrera
Mia Kalin
Josephine Lee
Isabeau Levito
Alysa Liu
Clare Seo
Audrey Shin
Lindsay Thorngren
Kate Wang
Ava Ziegler
@Karen-W Do you happen to know when Gabby Izzo got her minimums? I knew she had them, but I couldn’t remember where.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
With that kind of severe outlier score, I'm inclined to think it was a data entry error (neg instead of pos). There is nothing else in that judge's scores on the other elements that suggests any sort of marking down of her elements.

However, I do notice that same judge gave Alysa a severe outlier score on IN - both relative to the other judges and their own marks on the other PCS. Maybe they need a data entry refresher.
Uh I don't know if judging someone's PCS down where it belong belong requires a data entry refresher. Alysa's performance was rather bad this time around.

VGThuy

Uh I don't know if judging someone's PCS down where it belong belong requires a data entry refresher. Alysa's performance was rather bad this time around.
But AYS was saying that IN score was an outlier compared to that judge's other scores in PCS including Performance which would also be down if the judge was marking Liu down for a "bad" performance.

Jammers

Going into tonight, I think all of Liu, Bell and Chen can relax a little and just skate. They have punched their tickets to Beijing. Spots #4 and #5 are juniors and #6 is GG (I bow to her comeback), who doesn't have the minimums for the Olympics. Even if one of them should slip up badly, their consideration won't be threatened by anyone else.

Although, it would be nice if they all skated well cuz US ladies really need to make a statement and reset the narrative going into February!
Usually in an Olympic year the girls who make the Olympic team and make the podium skate pretty well. I'm not including pewter medalists because i find that useless since i can't remember seeing any other competition that hands out medals for 4th place.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Thorngren is age-eligible for the Olys and will be right there if one of the top three bomb. I think TPTB will send the top 3 anyway and send Lindsey and Isabeau to JW but strange things have happened.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
@Karen-W Do you happen to know when Gabby Izzo got her minimums? I knew she had them, but I couldn’t remember where.

Here is the link https://results.isu.org/isujsstat/tes3/stswjustjun3.htm

Gabbie got hers on the JGP in 2019.
The cutoff is under 19 as of July 1. So if they're 18 now, they're eligible. Even if they turned 19 on July 2 they'd be eligible.

I don't offhand know the ages of those particular skaters.

Just looked at their ISU bios - Gabbie's birthday is Aug 5, 2001 and Starr's birthday is June 23, 2001, so neither of them should be on the list.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
But AYS was saying that IN score was an outlier compared to that judge's other scores in PCS including Performance which would also be down if the judge was marking Liu down for a "bad" performance.
Did you look at the PCS marks? Or just commenting off what AYS said? 7.75 6.75 7.50 6.50 5.75 Seems about right for me.

flyingsit

Thorngren is age-eligible for the Olys and will be right there if one of the top three bomb. I think TPTB will send the top 3 anyway and send Lindsey and Isabeau to JW but strange things have happened.
I'm thinking Lindsay to 4CCs and Kate Wang to JW with Isabeau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information