#TeamTrainwreck 25: Maximum Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

This might be sacrilege to say, but I’m so through with Ted:blah: His sugar coating might work for lower level JGP-participants, but for serious competitions I can’t take any more of his positive babbling without substance, constantly repeating himself. “We all know how hard they work…” “It‘s not easy to find out who you are, and show your personality on ice, but it will come, it’s ok”. “A little under rotated there, but that’s ok”. No Ted, it’s not ok. And there’s no analyses of what’s good, not good, why the program works, not works. Add to that that he does zero research and is totally clueless about what’s going on behind the scenes, with injuries, coaches problems, you name it. And, he has no guts to have an opinion, his focus is only to be oh so nice.

GIVE ME MARK HANRETTY who is so knowledgeable, also in dance, who helps us see why this choreo is brilliant or abysmal, and says live straight out that P/C are the best ice dancers of all time.

If I have to choose between the evil roof spider camera and Ted, it’s the camera for me. And as someone pointed out, this Russian Nationals had maybe the worst camera work of all time.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Hell already tried that, by having Satan skating right after Jesus, but it didn’t work. Satan didn’t have a good day at work. Even his costume changes abandoned him.
At least Mishin and his skaters, all of them, didn't have far to go to drown their sorrows at home. Actually, all the St. Pete skaters and coaches except for Moskvina and her pairs teams, although Boikova is probably still sticking pins in her Mishina effigy. Moscow triumphed this Christmas. Odd, because I'd have picked St. Petersburg as heaven over Moscow.

SamuraiK

Ohh I did like the Spider Camera. Sure I missed the close ups but It did gave me some interesting angles and awareness of coverage/movement.

Granted it worked better with teams that have bigger lines than with singles that are just sticks going to the next jump.

SamuraiK

This might be sacrilege to say, but I’m so through with Ted:blah: His sugar coating might work for lower level JGP-participants, but for serious competitions I can’t take any more of his positive babbling without substance, constantly repeating himself. “We all know how hard they work…” “It‘s not easy to find out who you are, and show your personality on ice, but it will come, it’s ok”. “A little under rotated there, but that’s ok”. No Ted, it’s not ok. And there’s no analyses of what’s good, not good, why the program works, not works. Add to that that he does zero research and is totally clueless about what’s going on behind the scenes, with injuries, coaches problems, you name it. And, he has no guts to have an opinion, his focus is only to be oh so nice.

GIVE ME MARK HANRETTY who is so knowledgeable, also in dance, who helps us see why this choreo is brilliant or abysmal, and says live straight out that P/C are the best ice dancers of all time.

If I have to choose between the evil roof spider camera and Ted, it’s the camera for me. And as someone pointed out, this Russian Nationals had maybe the worst camera work of all time.
To be fair I found him better with the boys, calling out sometimes poor upper body movement, or the lack of shape lik in Ignatov, but then with the ladies.. softy softy approach again.

Dance was the worst though. Basically trying to minorize the outrage at Z&G the scores, saying judges know better.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I said it in the pbp thread too, but that portrait of Tuktamysheva was the campiest/gayest thing I've seen in skating since made-for-TV pro competitions in the mid 90s. 😍 :rofl: Obsessed. It is fitting, too, because the scoring of the competition had as much integrity as those events. But that discussion should be left to other threads. ;)

ETA I swear I didn't see @SmallFairy's new avatar when I updated mine!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Given the general :drama: and :soapbox: of the Russian women and dance events in the pbp threads, I'm thinking I'll be watching without reading for the Olympics. There's funny snarkiness and then there's not funny bitchiness. It takes all the fun out of the pbp and that makes me sad. I look forward to the funny snark for events, but I'm not finding a lot of humor in a lot of other threads. When that spills over into the #TTW threads, it really makes me sad. Oh, well.

SamuraiK

Given the general :drama: and :soapbox: of the Russian women and dance events in the pbp threads, I'm thinking I'll be watching without reading for the Olympics. There's funny snarkiness and then there's not funny bitchiness. It takes all the fun out of the pbp and that makes me sad. I look forward to the funny snark for events, but I'm not finding a lot of humor in a lot of other threads. When that spills over into the #TTW threads, it really makes me sad. Oh, well.
Is there drama about the Ladies results?? Im bummed for Empress like anyone else, but the other 3 beat her fair and square.

As for the juniors I do think Samodelkina should be ahead but only slightly.

Vagabond

@Jeschke

Please cancel all of your other engagements on Feb. 4, 6-8, 10, 12-15, and 17-20, 2022 Beijing Time. I have been trying my best, but I am just a lowly pressman. There is only so much I can do.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Is there drama about the Ladies results?? Im bummed for Empress like anyone else, but the other 3 beat her fair and square.

As for the juniors I do think Samodelkina should be ahead but only slightly.
Yeah, there is a lot of :drama: in the Women’s pbp, which, in some regards, is warranted but in others it is not. Dance - I think the criticism of the scoring is really valid. I'm #TeamKhuda on that subject (and seeing as she's a TTW member...).

RoseRed

At least Mishin and his skaters, all of them, didn't have far to go to drown their sorrows at home. Actually, all the St. Pete skaters and coaches except for Moskvina and her pairs teams, although Boikova is probably still sticking pins in her Mishina effigy. Moscow triumphed this Christmas. Odd, because I'd have picked St. Petersburg as heaven over Moscow.
Mozalev is a St. Petersburg boy, and things went pretty well for him. But otherwise yes.

J

Jeschke

So, I am way behind still for all 🇷🇺 but had to re-watch 🇯🇵women, before they are blocked.
The drama for me :drama::wuzrobbed

Sakamoto. I don't get into this FS at all, but based on entire season I am totally fine with her making it. I just wished the SP would have lived up to the expectations I had.
Higuchi. Good lord her face in the steps and badass reaction to end :love: Has been a long time since I was that happy for a skater I don't care about (and have other big favs in the race).
Kawabe. Sorry, not getting into at all. I feared it might get down to this result. Great for her, but oh the drama :drama:
Mihara. I knew it :wuzrobbed Worst FS of the season iirc at worst possible timing :drama: Felt tense though entire FS.
Miyahara. The way her finger went into the starting pose :love: This heartbreak is so real. Maybe the best she seemed all season, but I doubt she gets the call :(
Shiraiwa. Crying already going into starting pose and almost not able getting up afterwards :drama:
Honda. OMFG that dress! #gaycommentoftheday. I don't care about jumps, she is pure joy to watch and that 'House of fyling daggers' would be an stunning fit if she'd been on elite level.
Oba. Intense Miki at boards and in knc :love:

Overall. Overall japanese skills :love:
Olympic selection. 2 are obvious, I guess Miyahara is out for sue. Mai won over Kawabe at GP CAN, but Kawabe later with silver at home soil GP and now medal at nationals. I expect her to get the ticket :(

Full day ahead. 🇷🇺 comments might come in few days. Out.

Karen-W

Honda. OMFG that dress! #gaycommentoftheday.
You're so going to be editing this comment and changing your tune once you watch the Russian Women's FS. Trust. Empress Liza FTW all day, every day.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Oh dear, handling family xmas while trying to catch up on RUS and JPN nationals without getting spoiled is exhausting and not always succesful.

But first of all @taz'smum I want to give you an enormous hug and please tell Tiff she's very special to me and plenty of fans around the world and hope she recovers soon and kicks ass in whatever she decides to do next. Oh and that I love her crazy red hair.
Thank you @SamuraiK :love:😘

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

I am with you. I can't stand Ted. I want him replaced.

I hate the evil camera too but we have to tolerate it for a much shorter time. I find it painful to listen to Ted's comments.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I said it in the pbp thread too, but that portrait of Tuktamysheva was the campiest/gayest thing I've seen in skating since made-for-TV pro competitions in the mid 90s. 😍 :rofl: Obsessed. It is fitting, too, because the scoring of the competition had as much integrity as those events. But that discussion should be left to other threads. ;)

ETA I swear I didn't see @SmallFairy's new avatar when I updated mine!
I don't know what you mean but i loved the portrait of Queen Tuk. I see it is on your Avatar now, so you must like it too.

Ka3sha

Maria Talalaikona got her official release and will be able to represent Italy starting from July, 2022

angi

He was talking while Z/G were skating.
I went back and checked and he actually didn't say a word until the end of the skate. Regardless I 100% agree that his commentary for ladies and dance (and to a lesser extent pairs) was bad and I would even prefer no commentary over his, yet I'm still grateful that Russia is sharing such a high-quality stream for their events, they are doing a big service to their athletes by making even those who aren't part of the GP circuit visible to the skating fans and that exposure is a huge benefit to the skaters.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
My issue is that apparently he did not gather information on the skaters. The whole world seemed to know about Tiffany, but Ted was wondering if she had an injury. He could have asked a few people before commentating.
Ted was in Canada, not Russia. How was he supposed to know about Tiff's illness? It's not as if she took out a billboard and made a public announcement. Medical issues are private. Fans know because fans pay attention to fan boards. I doubt that Ted does that. He knows what the producers hand him to read.

Karen-W

Ted was in Canada, not Russia. How was he supposed to know about Tiff's illness? It's not as if she took out a billboard and made a public announcement. Medical issues are private. Fans know because fans pay attention to fan boards. I doubt that Ted does that. He knows what the producers hand him to read.
Was he? I got the impression he was in St Petersburg this year. I could be wrong but I thought he only did the broadcast remotely from BC last year because no one was traveling into or out of Canada, and not especially to Russia (Chelyabinsk no less) last year.

Tiff didn't issue a statement exactly but she did have a few IG stories from when she was still in the hospital, so it isn't as if it was some huge secret, even if you don't frequent fan boards.

Kateri

void beast
Was he? I got the impression he was in St Petersburg this year. I could be wrong but I thought he only did the broadcast remotely from BC last year because no one was traveling into or out of Canada, and not especially to Russia (Chelyabinsk no less) last year.

Tiff didn't issue a statement exactly but she did have a few IG stories from when she was still in the hospital, so it isn't as if it was some huge secret, even if you don't frequent fan boards.
Yeah, pretty sure he was on-site, from a couple of things he said, and wasn't there that pic of him with Eteri in the commentary booth? (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information