#TeamTrainwreck 25: Maximum Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

angi

Yeah, and probably Step/Buk as well. The next quad is going to be Davis/Smolkin, Annabelle/whoever she ends up with, Khuda/her boy and which ever of the junior teams rises to the top.
They said in recent interviews that they don't plan to retire after the Olympics.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I can't imagine they realistically expect to medal in Beijing. I tend to assume these two are going to push on until they get a World medal, unless their health situation is really untenable.
They might win gold in the team event.

I’d think they would stay to be Russian #1 next quad unless they think D/S are going to be pushed past them.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I will laugh and laugh for days if SinKats do the TE RD because they think they'll win the segment and they win up 2nd or 3rd, which causes Russia to lose TE gold to the USA, and Nikita, in the process of competing the TE RD aggravates his back to the point that SinKats also lose out on an individual ID medal. Yes, I'm that petty about Russia being so greedy for all the medals, lol.

irenemulindwairen

Thank you @SmallFairy 😘
The doctors are looking after her, she is lying down and recovering.(y)
Please don't make me cry again. I really appreciate the crowd reaction at the end of their rd. I too was booing infront of my computer. Wish Tiff a full and speedy recovery. God bless and have a good festive holiday.
I will laugh and laugh for days if SinKats do the TE RD because they think they'll win the segment and they win up 2nd or 3rd, which causes Russia to lose TE gold to the USA, and Nikita, in the process of competing the TE RD aggravates his back to the point that SinKats also lose out on an individual ID medal. Yes, I'm that petty about Russia being so greedy for all the medals, lol.
Sadly, it isikely to happen.

mjb52

I mean. Ok. If this represents the spirit of Team USA (fortunately it doesn't), I'm not sure that Russia is the problem here.

Karen-W

I mean. Ok. If this represents the spirit of Team USA (fortunately it doesn't), I'm not sure that Russia is the problem here.
Really? We're going to just reduce ourselves to jingoism when we're talking about the blatant politiking of the Russian fed and how it might burn them in the end?

I fully admit, I would love for the USA to win the TE gold, even if we all know that Russia is the strongest figure skating nation right now. Russia shouldn't lose this gold and they could still win it if they use StepBuk in the TE, but if they are stupid enough to jeopardize Nikita's back so that Eteri's daughter can skate the FD and get an Olympic medal, then, yeah, they probably deserve to not only lose the TE gold but also lose an all but certain silver medal for SinKats in the ID event itself.

mjb52

You were wishing for a skater to be injured and talking about how you would laugh for days? You could have just said it would serve Russia right if D/S didn't place as well as they hoped, if put in the TE event.

But this isn't exactly fun #ttw stuff. Honestly, it's just a reminder of why I personally have never loved the team event. It brings out the side of the sport I like least. I still wish it was after the individual events, instead of before them.

Plus, way too few skaters from Cyprus and Azerbaijan for my taste!

Karen-W

You were wishing for a skater to be injured and talking about how you would laugh for days? You could have just said it would serve Russia right if D/S didn't place as well as they hoped, if put in the TE event.

But this isn't exactly fun #ttw stuff. Honestly, it's just a reminder of why I personally have never loved the team event. It brings out the side of the sport I like least. I still wish it was after the individual events, instead of before them.

Plus, way too few skaters from Cyprus and Azerbaijan for my taste!
Then no need to bring "If this represents the spirit of Team USA" into my original comment, right? Fine if you want to call me out for laughing for days if SinKats get injured in the process of Russia thinking they'll win TE gold by using them in the RD. It so happens that, this season, the only team close enough to challenge for TE gold is the USA, but FWIW, my sentiment would be the same if it was Japan or Canada close enough to challenge for TE gold.

I understand where you're coming from with regard to the schedule - I would prefer the TE be the last event in the skating schedule but I don't think it's possible with needing to share the arena with short-track and the scheduling of all of the events. Maybe it will change if/when synchro gets added to the Olympic program.

Karen-W

Hey, folks! It's Thid Day of Russian Nationals Eve. Let's have some comfort and joy in this thread, and may all your wolves be white. :saint: 🐺

#nochihuahuas
Just remember... #JesusSaves all the wolves! And crows... And various other members of the menagerie.

S

SmallFairy

I’m not Russian or American, I have no horse in that race. I’m übering P/C and will be crushed if they don’t get gold in Beijing, but no way I’ll laugh if Nikita, or any skater, is injured! Seriously? These athletes are all just humans, who work so hard to reach their goals. What happens in the system, with judges or feds or whatever is mostly out of skaters control. All they can do is skate.

If S/K decides to do the team event, for Vika to maybe get a gold medal, who can blame them? It might be a gamble, but that’s what elite athletes do. It’s not greed. It’s a winning mindset. Nikita will skate the individual event even if he has to be carried off the ice on a stretcher afterwards. Stojko could barely walk to the podium in Nagano in trainers, but no way he was pulling out. Today, Tiff made it off the ice, then had to be carried backstage for care. I’m not a fan, but I wish only the best for S/K. May his back hold up for another two months or so.

mjb52

Is Kondratiuk out because of winning Nationals? Could he be gone before we even ever really knew his name? Or is it only Worlds/Olympics/Euros that takes you out of the team? I know, I know... read the criterion. That's not the true #ttw spirit!

ok ok I looked - looks like he's still in? What a relief! We can't lose Jesus on Christmas Eve. :)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Is Kondratiuk out because of winning Nationals? Could he be gone before we even ever really knew his name? Or is it only Worlds/Olympics/Euros that takes you out of the team? I know, I know... read the criterion. That's not the true #ttw spirit!

ok ok I looked - looks like he's still in? What a relief! We can't lose Jesus on Christmas Eve. :)
No. He has to win Euros, worlds or the Olympics. I'm pretty sure he's safe. Well, maybe Euros, but look what happened to the last European champ. :yikes:

Vagabond

No. He has to win Euros, worlds or the Olympics. I'm pretty sure he's safe. Well, maybe Euros, but look what happened to the last European champ. :yikes:
There is a reason why you are in the Fans' Auxiilary. ;)

Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
👨‍🏫
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible 🧑‍🏫

3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.

God rest ye gentle skating fans,
One message do receive,
Remember Mark the Superstar
Won big on Christmas Eve;
Although he rides the train for now
Someday soon he may leave.
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy,
O tidings of comfort and joy!
:fan:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Did plushy just have the one skater there? The woman who came in second or I guess third now because of a late start? We did not see her on the Grand Prix correct? She seems good

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Given Nikita's apparent back problems, I think this season is probably curtains for them.

I know I was trying to catch up on that and poor Tiffani as I went back to watch dance. Did Nikita have a back problem during the Grand Prix? I mean they did so well. I mean I’ll give him massage if he needs it…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information