#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

Marco Klepoch "Splat Me, Amadeus" Free Skate
Budapest Trophy Men's FS protocols

Klepoch's jumps:
3Feq (fall), 3Lz<< (MESS fall), 1F, 3Lo (fall), 2A+1Eu+2S, 3S< (wonky landing, followed by belly splat), 1A

(ETA: He ended well after the music stopped, but the Tech Panel was merciful :saint: :saint: :saint: and didn't make a deduction for that.)

TES: 28.87
PCS: 41.80
TSS: 64.67

Feq! Feq, Feq, Feq!!!!

Is he below the bar to be considered for :gallopin1 -POTS?

Last edited:

mjb52

I have been assuming S/K would retire after 2022 Olympics, but I wonder if they might be tempted to stick around for Saitama, as it has been fateful in their partnership! Or maybe they'd be like "been there done that."

Runner-up prize for Minsk: one day inspiration will kick in and I will write my song (romantic ballad? folk tune?) rhyming Minsk with Chelyabinsk. DON'T STEAL THIS IDEA I WILL COME FOR YOU.

Vagabond

I have been assuming S/K would retire after 2022 Olympics, but I wonder if they might be tempted to stick around for Saitama, as it has been fateful in their partnership! Or maybe they'd be like "been there done that."

Runner-up prize for Minsk: one day inspiration will kick in and I will write my song (romantic ballad? folk tune?) rhyming Minsk with Chelyabinsk. DON'T STEAL THIS IDEA I WILL COME FOR YOU.
Oh, there once was an ice dancing lady from Pinsk
Who had the hots for a pairs guy from Chelyabinsk
They had a date at the Mariinsky, which once was the Kirov
They went to the mezzanine bar and missed Boris Gudonov
They skipped the last act,
As a matter of fact,
They went to his place and had more blini and cucumber pickles and Smirnoff
They should have been training
Or at least refraining
But instead they unmasked and tore each other's clothes off
So now they're banned from the rink and have to take the next two weeks off!

:saint:

J

Jeschke

Golden corset won silver :cheer:
Awesome!
Burak is one of my absolute fav OES!
Great skates by Oktar today too. Wheee :cheer:

Vagabond

Yap.

Edit.
It is POTS material for sure; but didn't we agree not to go for the lower or junior skaters here?
Did we? :unsure:

Let's see what happens this season. There may not be all that many competitions and, hence, not that many opportunities for the top-flight skaters to bomb. If there are, we can always give him a special citation.

:watch:

J

Jeschke

Did we? :unsure:

Let's see what happens this season. There may not be all that many competitions and, hence, not that many opportunities for the top-flight skaters to bomb. If there are, we can always give him a special citation.

:watch:
Deal. I note him, just in case :p

Vagabond

Zoom panel of FSU members will decide, I award Russia five spots in all disciplines except ladies, in which they shall have six

Just imagining the men’s comp with five Russian men!! :lol:

Aliev, Danielyan, Kolyada, Samarin (don't want to get in trouble), and young gun of your choice (Mozalev, Gummenik, etc...). DONE.
Boss will be having orgasms over these posts for days, if not weeks.

(N.B.: Commenting on others' libidos is one of our responsibilities here in the Press Office. We have to be sparing with our comments, but this is an occasion where duty calls.)

mjb52

Is there anyone in Russia left who hasn't given their opinion on the Plush/Eteri situation? I feel like the Old Believer lady in the Journey to Russia book I mentioned in the book thread, who has literally been completely cut off from society for most of her life, may have some thoughts she'd like to share...

this isn't a criticism btw, I am fascinated by the reach skating has in Russia right now

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Is there anyone in Russia left who hasn't given their opinion on the Plush/Eteri situation? I feel like the Old Believer lady in the Journey to Russia book I mentioned in the book thread, who has literally been completely cut off from society for most of her life, may have some thoughts she'd like to share...

this isn't a criticism btw, I am fascinated by the reach skating has in Russia right now

It's not quite what it seems IMO.
I think it is sports journalists without many stories to run for obvious reasons trying to dig up dirt to make a story.
So the are phoning big names in skating and asking their opinions on situations until they get a story!

mjb52

It's not quite what it seems IMO.
I think it is sports journalists without many stories to run for obvious reasons trying to dig up dirt to make a story.
So the are phoning big names in skating and asking their opinions on situations until they get a story!

Good point! What made me laugh about this one though is that it was a two time world volleyball champion... like, the well is definitely running dry I think.

Vagabond

Feigin
Grand Hotel

3Lz
3T+3T
1F, tentative entrance
3Lo
3Lo+2T+2Lo
3S+2A+seq
2A

Solid jumping, but I feel like the PCS gets more indifferent each season? Bring back the fringe!
She's got bizarre choreography down pat but is sorely lacking in other Qualities. Oh, well, there is life even for those who don't make the Team. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information