#TeamTrainwreck 17: Just don't screw up like you always do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
And she exposes her kids like mad. They even have their own IG-account:eek: Mummy bloggers and IG’ers are the worst. Sorry, not sorry!

In an alternate universe, I have created an Instagram account for my children where they will model replicas of every Leonova costume, 2007-present. We will also re-create iconic Tsareva/Pogo moments.

I will also likely have excessive plastic surgery, and shirtless(or wearing a Daddy’s Little Monster crop top) in every other picture. :shuffle: #influencer

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

"Caught out in the rain" by Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa ?
Thanks @Sylvia ; her latest IG story was a different music, which was actually COITR.
Hope she brings the sex to that.

The one I mentioned was something sounded like some war movie soundtrack, tristan & isolde, ... I couldn't tell.

firstflight

Bulge Judge is attending the Radford/Fenero wedding. :sekret:

One of groomsmen. Meanwhile I’m assuming Zach and Olivia got invited given everyone else who was there but instead they’re on a separate vacation.

Or, Zach was invited but Olivia not? And they’re just like “Screw you!”

Amy L

How likely is it that Mambekova will have her minimums? With Tursy doing well and earning Kazakhstan 2 spots for everything, Mambekova could have an easy journey to Worlds and Olys. She'll be like Rakimgaliev who really took advantage of Denis Ten's (RIP) success.

I know she went to the 2018 Olympics, but I think her and her tiaras are interesting and would like to see her more often.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

Mambekova for everything! :glamor:
Thankfully no Minimums needed for Olympics. And there always be Coupe de Printemps.

Vagabond

Thankfully no Minimums needed for Olympics.
There have been minimum requirements for the Olympics, at least at the last two. They were, however, the same as the ones for Four Continents and Europeans and thus lower than the ones for Worlds. I would be surprised if the same weren't true in 2022.

:COP:

SamuraiK

Mambekova for everything! :glamor:
Thankfully no Minimums needed for Olympics. And there always be Coupe de Printemps.

There's always been minimuns but they are easy to get. HOWEVER, from this new olympics there is a a new rule that if a skater from a country places high enough for 2 or 3 spots (like Tursy's silver) but there wasn't a second or third skater in the finals that spot is no longer automatic and that country will have to earn in in the qualification event. This was changed in order to specially prevent very lower level skaters like Montoya or Mambekova to be sent on a free ride thanks to their countrymen success preventing other better skaters from more countries.

Vagabond

There's always been minimuns but they are easy to get. HOWEVER, from this new olympics there is a a new rule that if a skater from a country places high enough for 2 or 3 spots (like Tursy's silver) but there wasn't a second or third skater in the finals that spot is no longer automatic and that country will have to earn in in the qualification event. This was changed in order to specially prevent very lower level skaters like Montoya or Mambekova to be sent on a free ride thanks to their countrymen success preventing other better skaters from more countries.
Had that rule be in effect last time, it might have induced Anastasia Galustyan to continue competing for the rest of the season so that Armenia could eventually have received an entry for the Olympics.

Whom would everyone have preferred to see in Gangneung, Mambekova or Galustyan? 🤷‍♂️

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Mores the pity that if there are N number of skaters total and some skaters from some countries cannot meet the standards, that skaters from other countries can't have those slots. I get that small federations blah, blah, blah, but the 3/country rule doesn't really present the best in the world at the competition.

Surfing will be at the summer Olympics next year. The top 10 at the end of this season get to go regardless of country. Then the other spots are filled based on various criteria. This means the men's competition will be dominated by Brazil, the US (we'll likely have 3-4) and one surfer from Japan (based on the mid-season rankings). The women will be USA and Australia. Is this fair to all the surfers from other countries? Probably not, but the best will be at the Olympics. If they choose to go. I suspect some will say no and surf for the $$$$$ rather than the glory. As glory goes.

Vagabond

Unless the Organizing Committee is bound and determined to start the Singles events at an hour convenient for skaters in the Eastern Time Zone as happened in South Korea, it wouldn't be that difficult to accommodate six more entries in each Singles competition: six more Men, six more Ladies, and possibly a few more coaches to house, but no additional ice resurfacing time during the Short Programs themselves.

The men's slalom event had 108 competitors last time, so if it's a question of total number of athletes, perhaps the IOC should be looking at the sizes of fields in other sports besides figure skating.

SamuraiK

Actually Galustyan would have qualified right away at Nebelhorn because there will be 7 spots available. The usual 6 plust the 2nd from KAZ wich would have been up to grabs.

Vagabond

Actually Galustyan would have qualified right away at Nebelhorn because there will be 7 spots available. The usual 6 plust the 2nd from KAZ wich would have been up to grabs.
You're assuming that Galustyan's score was higher than what Mambekova would have earned. ;)

Amy L

Whom would everyone have preferred to see in Gangneung, Mambekova or Galustyan? 🤷‍♂️

Galustyan is funny when she's acting grumpy, but Mambekova is :glamor:. She wears a lot of sparkly tiaras and often has voidy music. I think she's more interesting to watch, but it's totally a preference thing. Like Coke or Pepsi.

SamuraiK

I would definetly enjoy Mambekova more but at the same time think Galustyan deserved to be there more.

ON the other side in Men, If im not mistaken, CHN and ISR would have needed to send Han Yan and Samohin to Nebelhorn to win their spots . They definetly could have done it but given how TTW deluxe they tend to be who knows.. Stephane Walker would have taken the place of Montoya which Im definetly OK with.

And in pairs we would have saved ourselves the whole 2nd USA team drama.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
And in pairs we would have saved ourselves the whole 2nd USA team drama.
Is that certain? Or would France and Germany have been given a chance to earn a second, and if they/either failed, then the 15th (and 16th spot) would have gone to the next highest country with none? Because if France, Germany, and the US earned a second spot at Nebelhorn, that still adds up to 17, with only three spots for everyone else.

SamuraiK

Is that certain? Or would France and Germany have been given a chance to earn a second, and if they/either failed, then the 15th (and 16th spot) would have gone to the next highest country with none? Because if France, Germany, and the US earned a second spot at Nebelhorn, that still adds up to 17, with only three spots for everyone else.

The way I understand it is like this..

At Worlds 2017 there was no 3rd CHN pair, or 2nd GER and 2nd FRA at the finals so the 16 by the old rules filled spots would become only 13. Carrying on, we get to USA who also got enough points for a 2nd team BUT aswell there wasnt a 2nd pair in the finals so Spot #14 would still available which will go to CZE and then PRK and AUS for spots 15 and 16.

So at Nebelhorn we would have the usual 4 spots left but USA, as a nation with enough points for a 2nd team but no actual team on the final would have gotten the right to fight for it along with GER, CHN, and FRA. Nebelhorn Results would have ended up like this

Whoever pair CHN would have sent (pretty sure they would have beaten all others below)
GER
AUT
USA

ISR would have been the loser cause they couldnt have lucked out on FRA releasing their 2nd spot which would have caused AUS to qualify for the team event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information