#TeamTrainwreck 17: Just don't screw up like you always do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

So, boss is back. Of course the first real drama happened while I was away :D
Closer look at GP rosters now.

Ladies:
  • RUS chicks: happy for Stasia; not too much surprised about Sima (compensation for not allowing her to skate nationals after her great CS score); ditching Tarusina no surprise; I totally expexcted them to sokolova Sotskova --> (((@rfisher ))) Well, it seems Nastia is riding that train for a good reason.
  • Still pissed at DG; I was damn sure he would sink that low to invite Schott for giving his girls at least a chance for some WS points.
  • Who is Yi Zhu and why is getting Xiangning Li no spot?
  • Rostelcom has chosen Ryabova over Galustyan. Bastards.
  • Who gets the JPN tbd?

Men:
  • :gallopin1-Trio with 5 assignments:encore: How did even Orzel get one? Who cares?!
  • CAN gave their 3 host spot away? WTF?
  • Who did Fentz sleep with to get on GP while Schott didn't? (No, I am not bitter)
  • Men lineup at IdF 🤤
  • Han Yan comenback, Shulepov debut, Savosin double :love:
  • Now give that RUS tbd to Murashov!

Pairs:
  • No host spot for Wang/Wang?! WTF? 🤬
  • Who is the frontrunner in RUS tbd? Efimova (@Mad for Skating don't start, we know what you are going to say ;) )

Dance:
  • no german entry? 🆘
  • now that GPF is outta reach, @taz'smum might be relieved, Euros are doable again for her brood.
  • Tiff in FRA skating in front of DG, oh the fun...
  • Will Morozov/Bagin strike again?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Softie Boss cannot get enough of Shulepov‘s love posts 🤗

J

Jeschke

What the hell are doing the Volchkova's boys here? (IG story) 🆘🙈

Sylvia

TBD
So, boss is back. Of course the first real drama happened while I was away :D
Closer look at GP rosters now.

Ladies:
  • Who is Yi Zhu and why is getting Xiangning Li no spot?
Beverly Zhu (Chinese name Yi) was the 2018 U.S. Novice champion who switched to China last season and placed 4th at Chinese senior nationals (behind Yi Christy Leung HKG, 12-year-old prodigy Xiangyi An and Hongyi Chen who was sent to 4CC, Jr. Worlds & Worlds). Zhu was sent to Bulgaria to get her Jr. Worlds minimums before the deadline and got them, but then China didn't end up sending her to JW.
Xiangning Li is supposed to be returning from injury & competing in a domestic competition in July: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...d-to-beijing-2022.100886/page-21#post-5600056

Men:
  • CAN gave their 3 host spot away? WTF?
Romsky is listed, along with Nguyen and Nic Nadeau Elvis (ETA: just fixed that).

Welcome back! :D

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Do we still have no update on Kitty?
I lost track in which group she is skating? Mishin?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Getting a JGP won't be that easy given the new juniors coming up. Or, rather, getting a 2nd JGP. Of course with the Triple As all moving to seniors, there are going to be some chances and maybe a chance at junior worlds. Nastia is in the same place many of the other Russians are....getting to the big contests (Euros, Worlds and the Os) is virtually impossible unless there are major upsets. Sigh. It's hard to be a Russian ladies single skater. Almost as hard as it is to be a fan of Russian ladies skating. This may well be Sotskova's and Sakhanovich's last chance at a GP event. Sigh.

Are we thinking about a new thread title for the competition season? :watch:

J

Jeschke

Getting a JGP won't be that easy given the new juniors coming up
Who is coming up who should be considered a big thread?
Now the top 3 are gone, I think Nastia's chances are not that bad and pretty equal (if not better) to Kanysheva's or Tarankova's. Skating like a classic :gallopin1 won't help getting a 2nd assignment of course, but I am pretty sure she is locked in for one.

Nastia is in the same place many of the other Russians are....getting to the big contests (Euros, Worlds and the Os) is virtually impossible unless there are major upsets.
Somewhere Sofia#2 is just giggling about such statements.

Almost as hard as it is to be a fan of Russian ladies skating.
Speak out, if you want Doronina back.

This may well be Sotskova's and Sakhanovich's last chance at a GP event. Sigh.
How many times did we say this for Perkova? :D
Either way, both are extremly lucky getting assigned this year, so they better bow out with grace or big drama.

Are we thinking about a new thread title for the competition season? :watch:
Of course, our turbans are already wrapped tight ;)

"Waiting for the Virtually Impossible." :gallopin1
Good luck on that platform 😅

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Kamila Valieva for one. She's exquisite and I think plans to keep her SP which is also exquisite. There are some other newbies that I can't remember names off the top of my head.

I think she should do senior challenger events, but JGP is better than nothing and Buianova didn't ask my opinions. :lol: It's not as if Buianova has to smack Kovtun around anymore. She could try a little harder for Gubanova now. :drama:

DobrinFan

I think she should do senior challenger events, but JGP is better than nothing and Buianova didn't ask my opinions. :lol: It's not as if Buianova has to smack Kovtun around anymore. She could try a little harder for Gubanova now. :drama:

No one said she wasn't doing challengers or Senior Bs but only 2 of those count towards her world ranking which is quite low (73). She needs grand prix events to help, either junior or seniors. JGP gives less ranking points but it's better than zero.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
No one said she wasn't doing challengers or Senior Bs but only 2 of those count towards her world ranking which is quite low (73). She needs grand prix events to help, either junior or seniors. JGP gives less ranking points but it's better than zero.
If she did a JGP. would that prevent her from doing a SGP on the off chance someone withdrew? I know that's a long shot and would be a gamble on her part to wait and see and I probably would take a known event rather than a maybe. But, Leonova did get a shot at NHK last season so things do happen.

J

Jeschke

Kamila Valieva for one.
Thanks. Forgot about her. Really like thew flow and glide in her skating.
Now she better gets rid of that choreo.

Is there a chance of more Rozanov in knc or is he not allowed on jgp circuit? :D

Vagabond

Good luck on that platform 😅
Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

:gallopin1

#hopedieslast

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
So, Gusmeroli sent me a friend request on Facebook yesterday. :confused: We're practically BFFs at this point.

And if I were Tarakanova I'd much rather stay junior than try to go senior this season. Build up some momentum on the junior circuit, and try to set herself apart from the other 13 year old Russian girls with her power.

DobrinFan

If she did a JGP. would that prevent her from doing a SGP on the off chance someone withdrew? I know that's a long shot and would be a gamble on her part to wait and see and I probably would take a known event rather than a maybe. But, Leonova did get a shot at NHK last season so things do happen.

It's a gamble. Leonova and Serafima are also on that list. If she doesn't get off of it oh well I suppose, she took the risk.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Now I am caught up, I really think Gubanova should do the JGP. :cheer: It would be nice not to have a bunch of 13 year olds comprising the Russian team for once. And I think she can build up some momentum towards Nationals, instead of praying for a GP or Challenger spot.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
In more important news, Derbina-Karotom is in Grm’s insta stories! :eek: Look like she’s doing a camp in Ljubljana with some young skaters.

J

Jeschke

Friendly reminder to @SamuraiK
Your latest IG update is long overdue!

Speaking of IG. Today IG suggested me to follow biryukova_official. My hopes were up, 1st thing I saw as I clicked on the profile was a gold medal and I knew I was wrong :gallopin1 She's some random rhythmic gymnastic (one of the few sports I have no interest at all) olympic champion of 2016. #notimpressed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information