#TeamTrainwreck 8: See you at Nebelhorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

And have to mention: Javi looks so damn fine this season.
The costumes are perfect! Love it!
Now back to Miki!

Javi looked great! But I wish the program was less "The unreachable dream" and more tempo...

S

SmallFairy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvlvY2_xe9w

Are these their competitions outfits?
Her hair was :gallopin1-worthy all the way.

To be honest, I was a bit bored. The program seems rather :blah: for an olympic season (they will never close the gap with that vehicle) and above that, it's the same we've seem from them over and over again. Some diversity would help.
Not impressed.:shuffle:

Finally got to watch their FS...and I have to agree. That program seemed to go on and on...like hottie Radford and partners SP. And their FS music was HORRID!! What was that???? In an olympic season. I should mute and watch Eric only.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Sima switched to Plushenko :mitchell:

Interesting! I don't hate it.

I wonder what her motivations are. I mean, her skating has regressed since leaving Eteri. We did get the fabulous "finger guns / phone calls" LP out of it. But she is so talented and kind of deserves better than Leonova-level programs. :inavoid:

Do we know when she is competing next? I want to see Plushy in the K&C.

Ka3sha

I want to see Plushy in the K&C.
His student, Vladimir Samoilov, will debut at JGP next week so there's a chance that Plushy will be there :watch:

As for Sima, I'm sure that she wants to qualify for Nationals, so we will hopefully see her at Russian Cup events :)

SamuraiK

After Kvaguti/Smirnov's official retirement I'm thinking about nominating them for the HoF in the end of the season..
Beautiful programs, moments of glory, Yuko's jumps, all their injuries, Smirnov's hair and etc
:gallopin1

They are truly deserving of HoF.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
How can you not love a guy who coaches in a purple onesie? Or a woman who pops her own shoulder back in mid performance?
Pops it in and then goes on to win her first European title. Nothing gets in the way of a determined female pair skater.https://www.eislauf-union.de/events/nebelhorn-trophy

And here's the link to Nebelhorn where you can access the live streaming. (So I don't have to go looking for it each time)
https://www.eislauf-union.de/events/nebelhorn-trophy

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I'm trying to catch up on all the skating this weekend....too much..

I like J/C's SP but the LP was a :blah: for me too, and after reading @Jeschke's comments, I thought he was just being perhaps a tad bitchy and over-critical, but I agree. It's just an OK copy of Sound of Silence. Maybe sexy costumes will help.

Um Duhamel/Radford's LP Is such a trainwreck hot mess, the music is a total WTF, it kind of works with their skating. I absolutely loved it! :slinkaway Who the hell choreographed this!? My new hero.

Kolyada's Elvis is OK. I wanted to be horrified, but it was just alright. I was expecting a better performance for someone who won the competition after a 10th place SP... :shuffle:

Nadeau's Elvis is still so freaking good. :swoon: he is like man Elvis, Kolyada is boy Elvis. I would have had him in 3rd overall. When will the jumps come back, though? I need him at 4CC and Worlds.

I like Osmond and Med's LPs. :eek:

Poor Hicks. :fragile: I have a feeling she has an uphill climb to the Olympics. :p

I can't find MBM LP on youtube! :mitchell: I need Grm music cuts!

Haven't watched Bob FD yet, saving that one right before bedtime. :p

J

Jeschke

Members update:

:gallopin1-Patron-Saint:
Pogorilaya, Anna

Ladies:
Gold, Gracie
Lecavelier, Laurine
Leonova, Alena
Maxwell, Fleur Removed
Park, So-Youn
Sakhanovich, Serafima *
Schott, Nicole

Men:
Aliev, Dmitri
Aymoz, Kévin
Brezina, Michal
Dornbush, Richard *
Miner, Ross
Nadeau, Nicolas
Samohin, Daniel
Yan, Han

Pairs:
Ilyushechkina, Lubov / Moscovitch, Dylan
James, Vanessa / Ciprès, Morgan

Ice Dance:
Coomes, Penny / Buckland, Nicholas
Stavitskaya, Maria / Guryanov, Ivan

Watch List:
Ladies: Kuchvalska, Angelina
Men: tba
Pairs: tba
Dance: Hurtado, Sara / Khaliavin, Kirill

J

Jeschke

Farewell Fleur Maxwell!

Entry: November 8th, 2015
Exodus: September 25th, 2017
Career highlights: Euros 2005, 14th; Dubai Golden Cup 2015, 1st; NRW-Trophy 2014, 2nd

Thanks Fleur for bringing the glamour to #teamtrainwreck! You were a member of the the first minute and thus this loss hits us really hard! Your good taste in music choices and stunning costumes, hair and makeup will heavily be missed! You set the standard high for all to follow! It took a lot of guts to come back after four years and even more guts to keep on going after that miserable first season :respec: You never made it into a worlds free skate, but managed to do so at the olympics, that's the spirit! A shame you could not push yourself technically any further. Your triple flip attempts at Nebelhorn 2103 came as a real surprise, were almost landed and did not look desperate at all.
This stunning short program (of your best program ever) with Irina Derbina-Karotom jumping at the boards will ever be in our hearts!

Äddi!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SmallFairy

We knew, this was gonna happen: Fleur has been crossed out :wuzrobbed

I was going to say "told you so" but then instead I say ((((bossman)))

Bye Fleur! You were a revelation with your spins and lovely precense when you first appeared on the big stage at Euros 2005 and charmed the entire rink into cheering heavily for you. The girl from Luxembourg took everybody, including me, by surprise. And that was kick ass being top ten after the SP! You and me will always be connected through "Finding Neverland". It's been a pleasure! :respec:

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Ice dance has curious members in so far. I sure hope we can add more. Shpilyeva and Smirnov should be added to the watch list :p

J

Jeschke

Ice dance has curious members in so far. I sure hope we can add more. Shpilyeva and Smirnov should be added to the watch list :p
the watch list spot is already taken; there is no 2nd spot. apart from that, s/s are still juniors.
her finger alone and his water colour pictures do not make a strong case either way.

no splats yet :p
Oh my, da witch smelled blood :eek:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm pretty confident there will be an entire new slate of members by next fall assuming da bossman has crawled up out of his corner and quit sucking his thumb when all his favorites have bitten the ice dust. I accept that mine are going to be gone. I've already moved on to find new candidates.

Ka3sha

I'm pretty confident there will be an entire new slate of members by next fall assuming da bossman has crawled up out of his corner and quit sucking his thumb when all his favorites have bitten the ice dust.
Who do you think will be da bossman's new favourites?
I may think only about Aliev (already in the team), Murashov (belly and Volchkova), probably Konstantinova ... but who else is on his watch list? :confused:

I've already moved on to find new candidates.
:yikes:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Who do you think will be da bossman's new favourites?
I may think only about Aliev (already in the team), Murashov (belly and Volchkova), probably Konstantinova ... but who else is on his watch list? :confused:

:yikes:
I saw what Brezina did. I can't defend him any longer. :drama: It's time to be on the hunt for a new candidate. Law of the Jungle.

S

SmallFairy

I'm pretty confident there will be an entire new slate of members by next fall assuming da bossman has crawled up out of his corner and quit sucking his thumb when all his favorites have bitten the ice dust. I accept that mine are going to be gone. I've already moved on to find new candidates.

Thank heavens for Aliev and Aymoz!

Ka3sha

Well, you jinxed them...
Shpilevaya/Smirnov were crossed out from the entries list at the 7th JGP event... And Grigory posted a photo from hospital in Cologne on his Instagram page today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information