#TeamTrainwreck 8: See you at Nebelhorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yehudi

AITA
How in hells did Volchkova made it to HoF despite having a huge collection of Euro bronze medals and having a utterly forgettable career.:duh:

Same for Makarova who's only TT worthy quality was the Marilyn/MGM fanfarre spin. :huh:

Continuing contributions to the sport. Volchkova' students almost always make the team and Makarova always hosts Team Rukavitsin

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
That's why we must do something about that voting! We can't just have everybody voting people into HOF, when general TT-members are in only by strict consensus and even stricter bossman

I'm planning to address this issue with HoF voting, once @Jeschke returns from stalking Schott in Portugal vacation.

Unlike last year, not every nominee will even get voted on, so it's very important to make your case during the nomination process (reading between the lines: IMPRESS ME). We will only have 1 or 2 polls maximum unlike the 23 we had last year.

I'm very :blah: about Volchkova, but the alternative was freaking Josee Chouinard. :scream: And Volchkova got quite heartbreaking after 2001--some stunning programs, occasional flashes of brilliance, but lots of disasters. And her coaching career! She literally went from having 6 really promising skaters and being the hottest coach to having no one with no jumps in like one year! :respec: I think she has even lost belly Murad!

bladesofgorey

I have a one degree of separation thing with Bowman, so it does feel a little weird for me to nominate him, but I think he would have felt honored. He broke a lot of hearts during his career but gave everyone a lot of joy as well.

As an aside, I just learned about this, and it's nuts:

"According to her website, Freeman is a former Republican who used to work in public relations and had once founded a production studio with ties to Los Angeles. She moved to Cape Coral with her husband in 2009 to be closer to his mother, the site says.
The gravesite for Christopher Bowman remains unmarked to this day, Annette Bowman said, because the family still fears Freeman will try to take his body."

http://archive.naplesnews.com/news/...lleged-harassment-ep-313066264-341466941.html

ok fess up, which fsuniverse regular are you?

edited to add Oh My God http://www.aprilfreeman.com

Vagabond

If you ask me, Christopher Bowman isn't #HOF material. A trainwreck off the ice, yes. Lots of the Qualities, yes. But his record at Worlds (7th, 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 4th), the Olympics (7th, 4th), and Skate America (4th, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st) was quite consistent, given the circumstances, and even his poorest performances were more :rolleyes: and :duh: than :fragile:.

:judge:

Dobre

If you ask me, Christopher Bowman isn't #HOF material. A trainwreck off the ice, yes. Lots of the Qualities, yes. But his record at Worlds (7th, 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 4th), the Olympics (7th, 4th)

Butyrskaya finished 29th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 4th at Worlds.
5th, 4th, 7th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd,1st at Europeans.
4th & 6th at the Olympics.

Not sufficiently different except for that very early Worlds. This is the HOF, not the regular team. It takes a lot to be a trainwreck when you have that kind of record.

Vagabond

It takes a lot to be a trainwreck when you have that kind of record.

There is more to Butyrskaya's trainwreckiness than that twenty-ninth, even though that result is :gallopin1 in spades. She had a seventh, an eighth, and a tenth on the Grand Prix and a 7th at the GPF. No one finishes 7th at the GPF any more. :wuzrobbed

That said, I didn't vote for her. Uzbeks wuzrobbed! :wuzrobbed

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

I will start my Cohen-campaign last second, so Vice is impressed and pressman won't have enough time to literally (and with good reason :p ) tear it apart! :EVILLE:

Vagabond

I will start my Cohen-campaign last second, so Vice is impressed and pressman won't have enough time to literally (and with good reason :p ) tear it apart! :EVILLE:

When the routine bites hard
And ambitions are low
And the resentment rides high
But emotions won't grow
And you're changing your ways,
Taking different roads
Then Press, Press will tear it apart again
:lynch:
#softiebossman is not the answer for everything my friend :drama:
#sillybossman

J

Jeschke

When the routine bites hard
And ambitions are low
And the resentment rides high
But emotions won't grow
And you're changing your ways,
Taking different roads
Then Press, Press will tear it apart again
:lynch:

#sillybossman
That post! :40beers:

J

Jeschke

Back to serious business: the moment I get home I will start making serious canpaigns for Szewczenko, Dytrt and Martiusheva!
And for Sofia the Great of course!

Folks don't forget, Dytrt and Biryukova were two of the main reasons this entire thread came to life!!!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
How in hells did Volchkova made it to HoF despite having a huge collection of Euro bronze medals and having a utterly forgettable career.:duh:

Same for Makarova who's only TT worthy quality was the Marilyn/MGM fanfarre spin. :huh:
Politicks. :blocjudge

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
Back from vacation! Everyone's getting married!! My :gallopin1 HOF pick is Takahiko Kozuka. The heartbreak is real :drama:

Also among those who may or may not be retired:

Richard Dornbush :fragile:
Jeremy Abbott :slinkaway
Elene Gedevanishvilli (though I still hope for Nebelhorn comeback) :glamor:

Laney

I support Takahiko Kuzuka and Tanja Szewczenko for HOF!!!! Both broke my heart more often I can count! Taka had the best SS of all men, they´re to die for! :swoon:
And Tanja... Oh well... My first skating love. Isn´t it amazing, that she never placed outside the Top Ten? She was no worse than 5th at Europeans, and 9th at worlds. And yet the press was so hard on her. No other German lady placed better than her in the last 20 years. Or even came close... :slinkawayAnd yet, all old newspaper articles I collected about her are so critical. She had huge potential, but illness and nerves got her down. So I´m all in for Tanja in the HOF :) :cheer2:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
And there is a way to ruin everything ... :drama:

:rofl: ((((((((Gjersems))))))))

You know ,I think it's time we come to reality and nominate Gede for the hall of fame (which she totally deserves!). If by some zero chance she comes back at Nebelhorn, I'll gladly remove her from the HoF. (But even if she does go to Nebelhorn, you know it would be a hot mess and her season would be over and only add to her HoF mystique).

Gedevanishvili is nominated! :encore:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information