Status
Not open for further replies.

skatingguy

decently
Perhaps you should start this afternoon over, you seem confused, maybe you got up too early and shouldn't be visiting the boards and commenting if you don't know what you are talking about.
That sounds about right for me in terms of level of confusion.

Again, I am sorry for confusing you with another poster, and I still disagree with their assertion that anyone was snarking at Gracie.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Her jump list there was insanely difficult and competitive!

ETA: Lindsay landed a clean 3z3l combo in her free skate yesterday!!!

I think she is the first US woman to do that. I know Bradie was attempting it for a while but I don't even think she had it called clean and got positive goe.

Last edited:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
SENIOR WOMEN 2022 Nationals complete field (Unofficial)

International/Byes
Alysa Liu 219
Isabeau Levito 208
Karen Chen 202
Amber Glenn 201
Lindsay Thorngren 193
Mariah Bell 190
Starr Andrews 177
Audrey Shin 172
Bradie Tennell

Qualifying Top Score (yes some competed internationally also)

Gabriella Izzo 193 E
Sierra Venetta 179 P
Gracie Gold 175 E
Jill Heiner 172 E
Hanna Harrell 171 E
Kate Wang 170 P
Rena Ikenishi 169 E
Finley Hawk 164 M
Wren Warne-Jacobsen 162 M

skatingguy

decently
I believe the shorthand that is usually used for a loop is an R (after it's creator Werner Rittberger), e.g. 3R or triple R.
I would usually use Lo as that is the ISU short form for the jump, but either way I just misread the original post, and it didn't occur to me that lp meant long program because it's been the fs, or free skate for a long time now.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Has anyone received word on Starr Andrews’ progress since withdrawing in the middle of her Sp at G-P France? Hopefully this isn’t an injury or ailment that’ll affect her ability to compete at nationals.

bladesofgorey

My guess is that Starr developed slight dry heaves during the program either due to stomach upset or a panic attack or a combination of both and made what was likely a smart call to stop rather than gamble with pushing through. Glad to hear she's ok and looking forward to having her at nationals healthy and ready to go.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Yeah, Bradie's toast and suddenly there is a clear motivation behind the strange Alysa move.
What happened to the thread about Alysa's move? I finally decided I MUST have made it up. What was, frankly scary was it was so detailed with names of people and coaches! I thought I was either a savant or delusional!

Where is the thread? Sad news about Bradie. She has always been such a trooper😭

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
What a nice way to summarize a skater's injury.
:rolleyes: Oh, let's not go down this path, shall we? Succinctly stating what I suspect many of us have been thinking for the better part of the last 3-4 weeks since she was withdrawn from SkAm, then GPItalia, then Cup of Austria, then Warsaw Cup, and now, in all likelihood, Golden Spin (which is a good 2.5 weeks away), isn't being "not nice" or "mean".

Lacey

My guess is that Starr developed slight dry heaves during the program either due to stomach upset or a panic attack or a combination of both and made what was likely a smart call to stop rather than gamble with pushing through. Glad to hear she's ok and looking forward to having her at nationals healthy and ready to go.
Did we ever have a diagnosis from her team--I thought it was a leg injury, she seemed to be having trouble jumping, but I obviously could be wrong.

Glad if it's something to be put behind her, and hope she is moving on to trying to qualify for Os.

Karen-W

No, lets go down that path. It is a bitchy way to say that the prospects of her making the Olympics or even competing this year is not looking good. Saying someone is "toast" is just completely callous and unnecessary.
You want bitchy? Bitchy is me asking where shall I send the cinnamon and sugar for your toast when Bradie doesn't make it to Nationals and her injury petition to the Olympic team is turned down by the USFS?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
No, lets go down that path. It is a bitchy way to say that the prospects of her making the Olympics or even competing this year is not looking good. Saying someone is "toast" is just completely callous and unnecessary.
You know that is just your connotation of the saying. Let's say I forgot to send in my check for board on my horse. I might say "If I don't get that check to Howard by tomorrow I will toast.". Meaning in trouble. Or " If weget caught we're toast.

Mayra

So much doom and gloom and here I was thinking it was a smart move by her team. :lol: Nationals is 6 weeks away and it makes zero sense for a skater who just started doing full run-throughs in October to waste a week or so of training to go compete at a senior B competition. Particularly if she isn't quite soup just yet.

Save the jet lag, fatigue, time and $$$ and concentrate on the competition that is going to make or break your season, Nationals.

Karen-W

So much doom and gloom and here I was thinking it was a smart move by her team. :lol: Nationals is 6 weeks away and it makes zero sense for a skater who just started doing full run-throughs in October to waste a week or so of training to go compete at a senior B competition. Particularly if she isn't quite soup just yet.

Save the jet lag, fatigue, time and $$$ and concentrate on the competition that is going to make or break your season, Nationals.
Except if that was her team's thinking then wouldn't they have let the USFS know before the assignments were made? It's never a good sign, especially in an Olympic season, to start your season at Nationals.

Karen-W

Remember when Sasha Cohen tried (and failed) to do that (Qualify for the Olympics) at the 2010 Nationals (with no prior competitions)? It's very, very, very difficult (even for completely healthy skaters).
Heck, look at Nathan's first competition this fall. Talk about rusty and needing to shake out the competition cobwebs.

Mayra

Except if that was her team's thinking then wouldn't they have let the USFS know before the assignments were made? It's never a good sign, especially in an Olympic season, to start your season at Nationals.
Except nobody has a crystal ball and where you expected to be(two months ago?) isn't quite the same as the reality of where you are now. So you adjust your game plan and plan the next step with success in mind.

It's never a good sign to be injured in an Olympic season, but when that happens, you adjust as you go. I'm glad her team is being smart about it at least.

Remember when Sasha Cohen tried (and failed) to do that (Qualify for the Olympics) at the 2010 Nationals (with no prior competitions)? It's very, very, very difficult (even for completely healthy skaters).
Let's face it, 2010 Sasha Cohen was well and truly past her prime. It was a great effort(with a fab sp), but she in fact hadn't competed in the GP or a senior B international in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information