Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Yes, thanks. And PCS scores are always subjective and manipulable, thus usually in flux. I'm looking forward to seeing how Bradie grows this season aesthetically. :)

Sylvia

TBD
Team USA's entries for Asian Open Trophy have been posted on USFS' International Assignments page. For those with Kiss & Cry access, I've started 2 threads -- one in the ISU Challenger Series sub-forum and the other for the Junior/Novice events in the regular Kiss & Cry sub-forum.

Senior Ladies (sole entry for ISU Challenger): Starr Andrews [S6 at Nationals; will make GP debut at Skate America]
Junior Ladies: Gabriella Izzo [J6], Ashley Lin [WD from Sr. event at 2018 Nationals]
Advanced Novice Girls: Indi Cha [Int1], Alysa Liu [J1], Ellen Slavicek [Int6 at Pacifics; did well at Broadmoor Open last month)

Last edited:

kwanatic

So hoping we see Gracie Gold in the entry list for an upcoming B!

And then that she smashes it and gets the SkAm invite!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yass Mamaaaaaaaa.

It'd be great to see her get an earlier event in ahead of her GP debut, but only if she's ready. If she comes out and has a great showing at a B then that will help to generate some momentum heading into the GP. Then again if she's not ready and has a bad showing it could hurt her.

I guess it will be decided based off of where she is in her training. I'm still shocked to see she's returning to competition. Admittedly I didn't think she'd come back. Given her talent and the fact that she never really reached her potential I'm happy to see she's coming back. I don't think we've seen the best Gracie can offer yet. I don't know if she'll be around until 2022 but if she is able to be a steady constant for the US women for a few seasons then it would be a successful return for her. She's got the experience and she's always had the green light from the federation. Gracie just has to believe in herself and the immense talent she has. I hope her new coach is the Tom Z to her Mirai. Tom really turned Mirai's career around and late in the game as well. Hopefully Gracie has found a coach who will do the same for her.

I've never really been her biggest fan but given the state of the US women, I'm really happy she's coming back. Having Bradie and a revitalized Gracie as a 1-2 punch would be amazing.

Sylvia

TBD
Elise Freezer currently is based in Edmonton, training with Ravi Walia. She is competing at the Novice level this season.

At the first North American Series competition in Skate Milwaukee for invited Novice skaters last week, USA ladies won 2 medals -- Alena Budko (silver) and Ava Raiter (bronze).

I've been impressed with the quality of the Novice ladies that I've happened to see so far this season.

Last edited:

concorde

Elise Freezer currently is based in Edmonton, training with Ravi Walia. She is competing at the Novice level this season.

At the first North American Series competition in Skate Milwaukee for invited Novice skaters last week, USA ladies won 2 medals -- Alena Budko (silver) and Ava Raiter (bronze).

I've been impressed with the quality of the Novice ladies that I've happened to see so far this season.

Are you sure she will be skating as a Novice? She had an injury last season so did not finish the season. Others I know that have had season ending injuries have opted to stay back a year, meaning she would be an Intermediate this year.

Tinami Amori

I look up Freezer's IG site occasionally and noticed that while she is still ice training in Canada, she is also engaged in a lot of other activities, various sports and hobbies, national and international travel, visiting amusement parks and rides, dining and entertainment.

Perhaps her family decided to provide her with a more balanced life for a young person her age.
...she went to Miami for a vacation
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiAp67bFRmz/?hl=en&taken-by=jennifer.freezer

..took a helicopter ride to Catalina Island
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiNMusNlg1M/?hl=en&taken-by=jennifer.freezer

..traveled to Africa… (can't find the right foto, previous one removed).

...Elise recently attended a jump seminar
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkA_fBllyH0/?hl=en&taken-by=jennifer.freezer

… had a few deserts…
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkaq7FFlRXh/?hl=en&taken-by=jennifer.freezer
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjzrq-FFJL2/?hl=en&taken-by=jennifer.freezer

Last edited:

insideedgeua

The Freezers have always traveled a lot. I hope that Elise has an injury free season so that we can get to see her true potential.

kwanatic

The Freezers have always traveled a lot.

That is a very lucky child. The most traveling I did when I was a kid was from one of the few southeastern states I lived in (FL, TN, GA) to Louisiana and back. :shuffle: I didn't leave the US for the first time until I was well into my 20s. I love to travel and I really wish I could do it a lot more than I do. Unfortunately, adulting gets in the way of that so I usually only get to travel once a year, usually on a cruise. It's a cost-efficient and fun way to see different places (I've been all over the western and eastern Caribbean) but you don't get to spend a lot of time really absorbing the culture which is a downside.

When I hit the lotto that's the first thing I'm going to do!:lol: Travel, travel, travel...I'd be gone for a week every month visiting somewhere new:cheer2:

scooter

Marco, Dick is stil as sharp as ever and could still do a better job than Tara and Jonny. I had lunch with him last week (he's a neighbor). He remarked how annoying he finds their commentary style because they talk though the whole program, often not about the program.

Jammers

It'd be great to see her get an earlier event in ahead of her GP debut, but only if she's ready. If she comes out and has a great showing at a B then that will help to generate some momentum heading into the GP. Then again if she's not ready and has a bad showing it could hurt her.

I guess it will be decided based off of where she is in her training. I'm still shocked to see she's returning to competition. Admittedly I didn't think she'd come back. Given her talent and the fact that she never really reached her potential I'm happy to see she's coming back. I don't think we've seen the best Gracie can offer yet. I don't know if she'll be around until 2022 but if she is able to be a steady constant for the US women for a few seasons then it would be a successful return for her. She's got the experience and she's always had the green light from the federation. Gracie just has to believe in herself and the immense talent she has. I hope her new coach is the Tom Z to her Mirai. Tom really turned Mirai's career around and late in the game as well. Hopefully Gracie has found a coach who will do the same for her.

I've never really been her biggest fan but given the state of the US women, I'm really happy she's coming back. Having Bradie and a revitalized Gracie as a 1-2 punch would be amazing.
I really hope Gracie shows she deserves getting 2 GP assignments. I'd hate to see the Gracie of late 2016 struggling to even land double jumps. I don't expect her to be in 2013-2016 form and win or maybe even medal but i hope she looks better then in her last season and is in good shape. Nothing worse then seeing a former world contender getting beat by skaters she used to beat by 40 points. I still think she needs to do a Senior B just to get her feet wet in competition again.

euterpe

The only B events before the GP are the Philadelphia Summer International at the end of this month (which happens to be held at the rink where Gracie is training) and the Mexican Open (September 12-18). The problem with the PA event is that it's probably a bit too soon.

Or Gracie could do one of the Challenge events happening at the same time as the Mexican Open: US Intl Classic or Lombardia.

Frida80

I’m calling it now. If Amber wins Skate Detroit this weekend with a score she’s been getting so far this summer, the SA spot is hers.

Frida80

Seems early to call anything with the Philadelphia event and Glacier Falls still to be held. And without a number of ladies likely to be in the hunt even at Skate Detroit.

I know it seems early. But last year this time, I had a good hunch that Bradie would be getting the spot because she has already won a few competitions with high scores. Philly International just confirmed it. Right now, Amber has a high score of 193. Skate Detroit is monitored, so she'll be observed here. If her jumps are clean, they'll give her a chance at SA.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
wait stop the press...

between my surgery and today's sad news Im all over the place.... are we talking about AMBER GLENN????

FAX me the protocols..... are there videos? This is the chick I thought would be last year's breakout star......

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I couldn't find protocols. But I did find this video of her FS.

https://youtu.be/snYaDInnKgI

So this isnt the Philly..its something in Houston.

Im not an expert but the jumps...are they high enough? Or will she get carrots? Half way through I was like Im so glad she isn't doing any Tanos or Rippons and then Bam, a Rippon, LOL.... well at least it was landed....

Where can I see her scores from Philly???? Their website doesn't have any results.

She took her time with this program, nothing was rushed.

Is it Gaga?

So, she got over 130 points at Philly??

mag

The only B events before the GP are the Philadelphia Summer International at the end of this month (which happens to be held at the rink where Gracie is training) and the Mexican Open (September 12-18). The problem with the PA event is that it's probably a bit too soon.

Or Gracie could do one of the Challenge events happening at the same time as the Mexican Open: US Intl Classic or Lombardia.

Or Autumn Classic? It would be a short flight, is a week later than US International Classic, and is not at altitude.

Frida80

So this isnt the Philly..its something in Houston.

Im not an expert but the jumps...are they high enough? Or will she get carrots? Half way through I was like Im so glad she isn't doing any Tanos or Rippons and then Bam, a Rippon, LOL.... well at least it was landed....

Where can I see her scores from Philly???? Their website doesn't have any results.

She took her time with this program, nothing was rushed.

Is it Gaga?

So, she got over 130 points at Philly??

Philly International is in a few weeks. This is Memorial Trophy back in May. I only found scores, no detailed protocols. Sorry. But yes, she got about 130 for her FS and 63 for her SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information