U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

chameleonster

...Well then! If he obtained a green card via marriage, its considered "conditional" and he will need to apply again after two years to get a permanent green card. I'm not sure if he can then apply for citizenship after one more year or if it'll take another three after he gets his permanent green card.

A.H.Black

I have been thinking of Neset/Markelov as my first serious pick for the Salt Lake 2034 Olympic Figure Skating team.

I don't see them making the 2026 team. I see them in the 2030 Olympics but possibly long shots for a medal. By 2034, they could be the favorite for the Gold.

Assuming all things work together towards that end.

ice crystal

Yeah if they went from first date brunch to a wedding within a year when she’s 16 that would be a bit nutso.
Well, they're lived together since he came to the US in 2020, so surely a lot more time to get to know each other than many other marrying couples. Have a bit of faith, peeps! Congratulations and all the best for their future on and off the ice. :)

pixie cut

...Well then! If he obtained a green card via marriage, its considered "conditional" and he will need to apply again after two years to get a permanent green card. I'm not sure if he can then apply for citizenship after one more year or if it'll take another three after he gets his permanent green card.
I believe he can apply a year after the conditional status is removed.

Trillian

A couple years ago, not sure of the exact date but it’s public record I think in Colorado.

Marriage records are not public in Colorado, legally speaking. This is not the only skating forum where an anonymous poster is making this claim very insistently without offering any evidence besides the factually inaccurate claim that it would be “public record,” in case anyone is wondering how seriously to take this.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I have been thinking of Neset/Markelov as my first serious pick for the Salt Lake 2034 Olympic Figure Skating team.

I don't see them making the 2026 team. I see them in the 2030 Olympics but possibly long shots for a medal. By 2034, they could be the favorite for the Gold.

Assuming all things work together towards that end.

Ice is slippery and a LOT can happen in ten years. Let them develop first.

Dobre

The biggest challenge is to stick together after the first time you drop below a younger team or a team that was below you at Senior Nationals the year before. Survive that experience, and your odds of having a full ice dance career go up substantially, I think.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
The former. We actually ran into trouble because Covid delayed my husband’s getting the “conditional” off his Grern Card and it was still in that status when his citizenship interview came up. We had to straighten out the Green Card stuff before he could be finally approved for citizenship. But in normal times, it’s three years from date of marriage.

jlai

Question everything
The biggest challenge is to stick together after the first time you drop below a younger team or a team that was below you at Senior Nationals the year before. Survive that experience, and your odds of having a full ice dance career go up substantially, I think.
Or survive past relationships breakups.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
As I said - Assuming all things work together towards that end.

That's a lot of assumptions that will have to work together. IMO this is one of those situations that's way too far in the future, and with so many potential variables that could come into play, that it's not even worth trying to make a prediction about.

Lara111

farahfan

I have friends who got their civil marriage documents as soon as they got engaged so that the wife could start the citizenship process. But the real marriage was their religious marriage 6 months later. If Leah and Artem say they're getting married in a church on June 1st, then they really are. I'm just happy that they're happy and that they will be skating together for many more years. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information