#TeamTrainwreck 20: Large Caliber Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobre

This appallingly low bar led to this:

Which clearly, based on the criteria, was a sign that Gracie was already sufficiently en route in tailspindom.

I submit that they have developed their trainwreck qualities, and earned their ticket.

I submit that sometimes bossman & vice are a wee bit ahead of the curve in recognizing trainwreck potential; and at times, the general population requires further exposure to said applicants' finer qualities in order to become an educated voting base.

Also at times the reverse might be true;).

Moreover, certain applicants polish their resumes until the entire voting block cannot deny that said members have actually already stowed away on the train & formal recognition is truly only a formality.

Gutted for Tuk.

Our Liza will be fine💪. She has perspective. (As opposed to certain trainwreck members who :wuzrobbedat one measly disastrous Nationals outing or a mere GPF bronze medal or some such).

Ka3sha

Empress wishes you a merry christmas and a happy new year

(Tiff/Jon too, but their gala hasn't been uploaded yet)

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

(Tiff/Jon too, but their gala hasn't been uploaded yet)

She’s so cute and hilarious :)
Also, I saw Tiff and Jon’s gala on the stream and died laughing. It’s so funny.

Ka3sha

New ‘Behind the scenes’ video from RusNats

J

Jeschke

Exhibition of Pavliuchenko/Khodykin :rofl:
Boy in his pyjamas and a viking-shirt (@SmallFairy 💪 ).
I am pleased they know where they belong to!
#intruder

J

Jeschke

I love this exhibition even more than 'Toxic' (and I hate exhibitions!!!)
Korovin with the saxophon :rofl:
And Aliev with the drum!
Girl knows which boys to include! 💪

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Russian nationals re-cap

Dance

Russian Nationals wishes
-S/K over S/B. Edges before O-faces!

Check.

I didn't actually watch S/K or S/B's performances :shuffle:

-Team nepotism (M/B) nowhere near top three :lynch:

but I did watch the lower-ranked teams to see if M/B's meteoric rise is in any way justified. #priorities And I am pleased with Morozov/Bagin's improvement. They do look like they fit into the middle group of dancers. Still think they should have lost to Skoptcova/Aleshin and Shevchenko/Eremenko, but they do look competent now. So not highway robbery, maybe a mere unoccupied residential burglary. :p

Pleased that Z/G had a redemption performance and are back in the post-season where they belong.

Men

-Our boy makes the Euros team

Check.

Another event I'm not going to watch. I don't know what it says about the level of Russian skating that Aliev can Aliev and still win. :scream:

I enjoyed Ignatov becoming more of a contender this season and hope he can continue to raise that standard.

Glad that Danielan's great skate got rewarded with Euros and sad to hear that Mozalev struggled in the FS after being a much more consistent skater this season.

Pairs

They did it! :cheer2:
Also appreciated Tarasova/Morozov's short program. Well skated and lovely to watch.

Ladies

-Kostornaia for national champ
-Gubanova gets great marks and lays claim to a COR host spot :encore:

Nope and nope. :(

-Shcherbakova: convincing win. Tech panel might want to look more closely at her entrance edges, though
-Kostornaia: Amazing SP, too many nervy landings in LP
-Trusova: Loved her fight on that late-in-the-program quad combo. She needs to work on her PCS, projection, and performance so she'll have more of a cushion if some of the jumps go awry
-Tuk: went for it, but didn't get it. Better luck next year
-Sinitsyna: Command performance of the LP. :respec: Now nail it at junior nationals and secure the fed's good will to get on the GP next season
-Frolova: needs more time to grow into a performer
-Guliakova: great skates from someone who has been languishing in Senior C world. Hope this at least gets her a Challenger next season
-Shulskaia: needs a jr B or something to celebrate those great skates
-Samodurova: #still here Inflated PCS marks means the judges don't hate her. WS should keep her on the GP next season
-Gubanova: all the love #justice4nastia
-Tsibinova: another discovery, great skater
-Sakhanovich: not a great competition for her and she'll likely have to earn her way through Russian cups next season
-Konstantinova: choppy skating, weak landings. Next
-Nugumanova: one of the most enjoyable performances, fantastic carriage and arm movement, scores be damned :encore:

Ka3sha

Russian Nats review:
RusNats wishes:
1. Kostornaia, Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva on the podium :shuffle: Gubanova in top-6, so she would make National team and get funding. Two redemption skates and two genial smiles from Stasia :)
Even then I did know that my dream podium won't happen, so am not really heartbroken because of that. BUT Scherbakova as two times Russian Nats senior champ makes me :rofl:
She is very nice girl, always polite and pretty well-spoken for her age, I quite like her off the ice, but 19,97 for prerorated 4Lze-3T is too much even for Russian Nationals, same for her PCS and GOEs on most of the jumps. Sorry not sorry.

Empress is empress and nothing will change that. Hope she will compete at Russian Cup Final, nail that quad and both axels and then start preparations for the new season.

Gutted for Medvedeva, wanted to see her LP one more time. Go girl and learn that quad sal :kickass:

2. SinKats over S/B.
As @her grace said, edges before O-faces!
:cheer2: :encore: :cheer:

Don’t care a lot about #3 and #4 , but skating gods, pretty please, let it be not Morozov/Bagin.
Ok, I'd have M/B in sixth after S/A and S/E, but not bad! Happy for Tiff/Jon! Still not a fan of their RD, but their FD is :inavoid:

3. Ignatov with at least bronze medal
Congrats to our boy! Congrats to Danielyan, whom I like quite a lot! Congrats to da boss!
Honestly speaking, I thought that Samarin wuzgifted in SP and should had been 4th overall... :saint:
Anyway, I am very happy with Ignatov’s season and couldn’t even dream of him been that close to making Euros team this year.
Hope Rukavitsin/Glinka/Molotov/ whiever will give Aliev and Ignatov gym passes as New Year presents :lol:
4. Tarasova/Morozov for gold, Boikova/Kozlovskii for silver, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin for bronze.
Got my dream podium and am very happy about it!
I love-love-love B/K but they are not on T/M level yet. But since T/M weren’t perfect and had one big mistakeam also very happy with B/K winning Nationals :encore:

(Sorry if I sound too snarky, I am at family’s New year celebration with all the relatives and that’s quite a thing... want to head back home ASAP)

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

😍
My Sofia so cute, hope she can adjust and get back in the game. Her Gypsy Kings SP is worth living for.

PS @Ka3sha do you think my babies stand any chance with their current coaches or must they move? Has Zhuk&co ever had a top team?

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
So sad and awesome the same time.

I didn't think watching skating at the airport is that sad? 🤷‍♀️ I certainly had sadder moments over the past week.

How did this story end? :saint:

I started comparing and contrasting Dasa Grm and Alena Leonova and Karly Roberstson, and why I admire all three. And then I re-enacted Leonova's Chaplin program choreography. :p

J

Jeschke

So many avatar possibilities :love:

I guess the 1st pic with the drum is my absolute favourite. Awesome shot.

NAOTMAA

I love-love-love B/K but they are not on T/M level yet. But since T/M weren’t perfect and had one big mistakeam also very happy with B/K winning Nationals :encore:

(Sorry if I sound too snarky, I am at family’s New year celebration with all the relatives and that’s quite a thing... want to head back home ASAP)

Well the judges at the senior and junior GPF this year didn't think doubling a jump was a "big mistake" so I'm shocked the national judges did. I Iove-love-love B/K too but as you said they aren't at T/M's level yet.
But I guess they really did take the results of the GP series seriously and T/M were kind of punished for it.

It's weird because a month ago everyone was taking about the fed. being stubborn about who they supported as their #1 and how they were always behind when it came to pairs yet they seem to be doing the opposite of that now.

Ka3sha

PS @Ka3sha do you think my babies stand any chance with their current coaches or must they move? Has Zhuk&co ever had a top team?
With S/B being one of the two top Russian teams and Zhuk/Svinin darlings - I don't know. Also, at the test skates I have heard few rumors that S/E were not happy with the material and programs they got this year.
But I guess, that we can't predict anything with the current situation and WADA restrictions, so who knows?
I have to say that I like them the most among all Zhuk/Svinin teams.

As for top teams, well, Zhuk had Khokhlova/Novitsky in the past and has Stepanova/Bukin right now.

Well the judges at the senior and junior GPF this year didn't think doubling a jump was a "big mistake" so I'm shocked the national judges did. I Iove-love-love B/K too but as you said they aren't at T/M's level yet.
But I guess they really did take the results of the GP series seriously and T/M were kind of punished for it.

It's weird because a month ago everyone was taking about the fed. being stubborn about who they supported as their #1 and how they were always behind when it came to pairs yet they seem to be doing the opposite of that now.
Will answer in pairs thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information