#TeamTrainwreck 19: The Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Splat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiK

Skate America Men SP Recap

Insane field but as usual even more insane men TTW skating. Is it me or is this arena very tiny for SA standards?

Shimada - He wears his heart on his sleeve. Lambiel influence is notorious and without Dad and Son vibes thank you Skating Gods! LOL at Stephane not even believing he could pull it off after the fall.
Savosin - Yikes.. felt so out of place here, even more than Jones in Pairs, like low level juniorish. Sad puppy.
Krasnozhon - That step sequence is so much fun but what's up with that costume? Not real progress here.
Timono - OMG Fave choreo of the season so far. Is that from Misha?? Great work but why's he lowballed in PCS all the time. Just dont get it, he has star quality IMO.
TTW Legend - Is he getting skinnier every year? like a bel ami twink refusing to grow and get daddier roles? The program is more of the same from him lately. Im afraid he's staying in comfort zone forever just like Javi.
Granpa - This was an eurovisiong song, correct? I liked his power.
Cinderello - Ummm still strugling. His skills are great but I think he overthinks it too much.
Spidey - Love the golden skates, love the song, but damn kid get it together. I dont want another Kolyada.
YourBoy - :love::love: This was MAGNIFICAT. Sold it from the start.Only 20 years with that hairline? ouch
Former Teletubby - Jason with a costume that doesnt make me want to vomit? Hell is frozen. Amazing spins, amazing step but not sure if that's enough for that score.
Greasy Boy - I think he's the new Plushenko. Blessed with tons of jumping talent and even more blessed with charisma and on ice personality that hides the fact he's not really skating to the music. At least the program is much better than anything Plushy did.
Messing - Didnt pay much attention but I feel for him and his tragedy. Good work.

Best Dressed - Can't believe Im saying this but Brown.
Do Hard - Bychenko

Best Moment: Everything from Aliev

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
TTW Legend - Is he getting skinnier every year? like a bel ami twink refusing to grow and get daddier roles?

OMGGGG

LOLLLL.... Wellllll.. I do love the Bel Ami "stuff" I have under my bed. lol

Do straight people here know what we are talking about?

I love that you call C-G&L "US only hope" lolll.. Id like to think the Knierims are too.

Isn't former teletubby "Velvet Boy?"

IM SO GLAD the season is upon us.. I LOVE everyone's snarky recaps.

Next week I am in the Netherlands... but I try to follow.

SamuraiK

Skate America SD REcap

Overall I hate how the SD concept has already been destroyed by ISU. Is it foxtrot, swing, broadway, musical, modern pop? Seriously if it werent for the finnstep pattern it would be a bunch of mini free dances. No more comparison.

Surviving Siblings - As usual when it comes to a new team out of the split of 2 others I liked Im still not in the mood too root for them. Maybe next season but for now I really miss Brother Greeen.
Obscure Chinese - Decent enough. Good score for them
Tiff & John - oh well, it really felt rushed in the pattern and lacked power for that kind of music. Not surprised at the low marks. Please don't kill me mom! :(
Canadian Vikings - Damn, those are some really nice costumes. With such a hunk of a partner I always forget to look at her but she shone tonight. Very well trained, strong and precise. Very good.
Former Voidy Juniors - :wuzrobbed Must admit this was their weakest SD so far. Not voidy at all and bad pattern, they did looked like the kids on the field therefore receiving fairly new to seniors scores.
L&LG - zooomed out but managed to see they were also killed on the pattern.
Montreal Swing Couple #1 - If is not Laurine Grease music bores me but they look the part and it was entertaining and powerful enough.
Montreal Swing Couple #2 - Wow they look stunning, like arriving home after a fancy night at a gala and ready to NOT sleep at all. :smokin: This was soo good. It flew by.
PomPoms - messy disaster at the twizzle and again killed by levels. I guess they were really expecting to challenge for top positions but im kinda glad they didnt with that boring program.
Puppy & Legs - Fantastic costumes. This was so theathrical , very in charachter all the way through. Loved it.

Best Dressed - Honestly can't decide. All top 3 teams. So, a threesome tie??
Do Hard - Sorensen

Best Moment : Stepanova & Bukin final Kiss

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
HOLY MOLYYYY

Ah, Boss if this doesn't make you a #TeamBradie and #TeamANL fan I DUNNO what to say..... @Jeschke

WOWWWWW

standby for an avatar update!!!!!

My recap of ladies SP:

All ladies music places 3-5 and 8-12 Craptastic

Amber Glenn: Amazing.. Her choreo and Interpretation should be in the top 4.. for real!

Bradie: OMG.. We have a stunning woman on our hands.. Always a SP sensation with interesting music... KUDOS to Benoit for showcasing her in such an amazing way.

Kaori: One of the few with cool music. Love her jumps.. GPF hopefully!

Wakaba: I loves me some power. Good to see her perform strong.

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I'm so burnt out on skating right now. Must sleep.

Quick thoughts:

Bradie was a revelation. This program is stunning on her. Unexpected music, modern choreography, confident, and POWER. Well deserved first place.

Sakamoto was just as good. I'd have had them tied. I love the perk, but Bradie's program was better. Wuzrobbed a bit on components and GOE.

Highuchi. What a surprise. :love: So excited for her!

Scherbakova should have been 7th. Her weak basics REALLY stuck out in a field of power senior ladies. Not to mention the mistakes.

Tuktamysheva is getting dumped. :fragile: Definitely deserved a point more and 4th place, but she gave away points on the combo and the lutz. She looks exhausted, I don't understand why she did Finlandia last week. Dumb.

Chen is way too dynamic to skate to boring American princess ballad shit.

Glenn was great. I don't like the music, but she was performing her ass off.

Lim. Zzzzzzzzz. Stunning dress.

After watching Konstantinova here and Sotskova last week, there is absolutely no reason the Russian Fed can't give Leonova some international assignment. She's in much better form than either and also has better programs.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Skate America SD REcap

Tiff & John - oh well, it really felt rushed in the pattern and lacked power for that kind of music. Not surprised at the low marks. Please don't kill me mom! :(

No problem, I don't live in la-la land 🤪, it was not as it should have been.
However, given the cruel nature of injuries, it was just remarkable that they were even here!

J

Jeschke

GP USA Men SP recap by boss
(as it happened)

Shimada - Give this schmaltz music to Samarin now :love:
Savosin - I lik the longer hair on Roman and the concept of the program. But boy did he looked lost out there :(
Krasnozhon - Steps interpretation :scream: The program, the costume, not good. Not alone and not together.
Brezina - A classic Brezina :gallopin1 Congrats @rfisher
Tomono - Costume of the night. I like his skating so much, but this program is all kinds of wrong 🆘
Bychenko - It was going so well until the combo :wall: #guiltypleasurealert
Cha - I like the program for him, needs more polish though.
Jin - On a fair note, lots of progress in Jin's overall skating. Still not my cup of tea though.
Aliev - Our ****ing boy! :love::love::love: Welcome back! (Boy needs a haircut though)
Brown - However that ended up that high. (n)
Chen - Not a fan of the program; he comes alive in the steps but I cannot see any connection to the music at all. Hmpf. PCS :rolleyes:
Messing - I won't say anything bad this season. Great outing after recent events. Heartbreaking in the end.

SamuraiK

SA Ladies SP recap before getting some really needed sleep

Overall strong field. I agree about the top 3. the rest of placements though... ummm

HKG girl - Ok as an apperitizer
Glenn - Felt very happy for her. She's been bubbling under for so long and likely she'll never get to top but glad she had this moment. Soo passional.
Mallet - I must confess I have a soft spot for True Colours :slinkaway:slinkaway
Yamashita - Joining Nakai Team of crushed and burned in the course of one season I see
Chen - Also impressed. Wasn't expecting her to be back in this kind of shape.
Queen Anna - The program is nice but is above her capabilities by now
Empress La TuK - Drumming Song!!!! +5 points just for that choice of song and I think this is the less empty program she's ever had. 3T 3T combo does not cut it anymore Im afraid .
Eunsoo - I adore her, she exhudes star quality, nice choreo, too bad on the messed combo.
Higuchi - Oh yess!!!! I saw her in one of the Challenger events and she was a disaster so I was not expecting this at all!!! And judgibg by the K&C she didnt either.
Tennell - :oops::oops: is this the same stiff comatose girl from Pyeonchang? This felt very Kostner-esque. Avantgarde and classy at the same time. Most improved.
Sakamoto - No Roots!!!! 5 ladies in a row skating to non elevator music!! Is this the twilight zone? Great attack. MAGNIFICAT
That Peasant Girl - I should feel sorry for her but then I see her coach and realise is the same as Kolyada and something tells me both need to scape from her.

Best Dressed - Eunsoo Lim
Do Hard - La Tuk, duuh!

Best Moment: Wakaba's reaction

J

Jeschke

GP USA Ice Dance RD by boss
(as it happened)

G/P - Well, okay.
C/S - How of all teams did they manage to get a GP?
Z/G - The program is a great fit for Jon, he really comes alive finally, I approve. The costume has to go of course, it really ruins the mood. I love the mid steps, I just wish, when the lyrics highlight 'hand in hand' they would not exactly let go in that moment :rofl: Based on the preparation going into this, this was solid. PCS. Ouch. Fake smile do not work for both of them :rofl:
FB/S - Fav RD of the season! I love the first part so much! CAN#1!
S/E - Whatever Sofia does with her mouth, during the program has to stop immediately! 🆘 Solid debut, no fan of the program though. Level killer.
L/LG - The costumes were the best about that. I like how the program builds towards the end though.
S/D - Both, TES and PCS are a joke. Sorry.
H/D - (Of course) I can't stand the program. But this was surprisingly good. I preferred Danada though 🤷‍♂️
C/P - These 2 just don't work for me together.
S/B - The dress would be such a stunner when the applications on arms and neck would be gone. I totally enjoyed that, and I don't care at all about her skills :D Extra point for how she put that lose fabric in her panties :rofl:

S

SmallFairy

Our boy😍😍😍😍 but man, he needs to work on his spins!

Wakaba and Kaori 😍😍😍😍That’s my girls!!!!

Norwegian commentator who always hates on Celine made no comments about “pop schmalz songs” this entire competition. Seriously?

Anna S: That was dull. Like, it was nothing. And she’s so skinny, and kicks up and down in random places. The poor girl, I feel for her:(

Men:
Nathan I love, but La Bohème is no Caravan. (And I love La Bohème)
And Boyang in his pee shirt (sorry). Zzzzzzzzzzzz Spider Boyang is the only thing that has worked for him.
Alexei K. and his blouse should get an honour award for turning the PBP into The Golden Girls Fan Forum. (Btw his camel position is horrid:yikes:

I cried for Keegan when he finished. So emotional. A great skate. Commentator again clueless, talking nonsense. Be glad you didn’t have to listen to her.

Pairs: One mention: Zoe, your novice hairpiece must go. Your a star, but come on. MUST. GO!!!!!!!!!

Dance: sooooooo proud of my kiddos! Lots to work on, but they enjoyed it😍😍😍😍Great experience for them.

Best moment: Japanese girls joy
Do-hard: Do I even have to tell?

S

SmallFairy

Oh, and That Stasya Girl/Peasent Girl/Poster Girl/Crazy Cat Lady:
WE STILL LOVE YOU❤️❤️❤️

I adore February, she should just fly, but instead you could tell from the shaky axel already it wasn’t to be:(:(:(:

Mad for Skating

Oh, and That Stasya Girl/Peasent Girl/Poster Girl/Crazy Cat Lady:
WE STILL LOVE YOU❤❤❤

I adore February, she should just fly, but instead you could tell from the shaky axel already it wasn’t to be:(:(:(:

I thought I was going to run here and celebrate about Aliev not flopping but then I saw what happened to Stasya and now I’m upset :( I hope she has a great redemption in the free skate!

J

Jeschke

GP USA Ladies SP by boss
(as it happened)

Leung - I have a soft spot for her, can't help.
Glenn - I am a sucker for this schmaltz. Happy Amber finally nailed it somehow on the big stage :cheer2:
Mallet - :blah:
Chen - Program is a nice fit for her, but yeah, this was a bit rough. 1st? Ehm what?
Yamashita - Yikes. Higuchi's fingernails :glamor:
Shcherbakova - Too young to pull this intense music off.
Tuktamysheva - 3t3t? So Schott! (n) This was really wonky on many parts. This won't be enough cushion for the FS. No cushion. Ouch.
Lim - I love everything about Lim :swoon: A shame her jumps turned the Park-esque route :drama:
Higuchi - Great redemption for Lombardia :respec:
Tennell - I am a sucker for K. Richter's music. 29yrs. What a genius. If Bradie is the right one for this music, I doubt. Solid skate it was, I dislike the choreo a lot though! 1st? :blah:
Sakamoto - I prefer soft Kaori :shuffle: This program does nothing for me.
Konstantinova - There breaks my heart :wuzrobbed That program is just everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information