#TeamTrainwreck 19: The Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Splat

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

I made it through an entire rhythm dance. Don’t know when was the last time. :lol: Today I learned what kpNNYN stands for. I thought it was about time with both my couples at the GP finally. It’s not something from chemistry class. And it’s not a KGB code.:sekret:
Better late than never. Me: :gallopin1

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Susie :cheer2: Much improved twist, she landed her SBS jump (he doubled), tiny but very nice landing on the Thlutz. SHE'S BACK

I think we can all agree now the twist issue is definitely hers
she rotates too slow in the air, guys have hard time catching her

potato sack from both Klimov and her new manservant

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
All my favorite :gallopin1 skaters at the same GP event! Wish I could have watched more than the second half of the men’s SP live! :angryfire

Happy for Uno, Vasiljevs, Ginger Soldier

S/S were great but underscored IMO. He needs to bring his grease look up to her level :glamor:

Happy for Stolboss too but she’s a little rusty. Should get better soon I’m hoping!

Dare I ask if poster boy is in danger of being kicked off the team? It seems these days he’s not really heartbreaking since it’s been a lonnggg time since we’ve seen a glimpse of the old promise. Sad for him but rules are rules 🤷‍♂️

Colonel Green

Tarasova/Morozov join Kolyada in the "should be on the train" club. Just when it looks like they're going to deliver that program clean, Vlad messes up the easiest elements in the program, putting them behind and potentially out of the Final. And his hair = :gallopin1 deluxe.

Vagabond

Tarasova/Morozov join Kolyada in the "should be on the train" club. Just when it looks like they're going to deliver that program clean, Vlad messes up the easiest elements in the program, putting them behind and potentially out of the Final. And his hair = :gallopin1 deluxe.
:rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder if @pinky166 uses pseudonyms here. :unsure:

Fake Tarasova / Fake Morozov Competitive Highlights

Three World medals
Five European medals, including two gold
Fourth in their only Winter Olympic Games appearance
Medals in virtually every Grand Prix event in which they have competed, including four gold medals.
They are not Perkova.

:COP:

They're OUT!!!!! :lynch:

Colonel Green

Fourth in their only Winter Olympic Games appearance
Ahem, I believe you mean "were second after the short program at the Winter Olympics, saw the first-place team make mistakes in the free leaving the door wide open for them to win gold, then fell apart and dropped off the podium entirely". Pure :gallopin1.

J

Jeschke

GP 🇷🇺 Ladies SP

Schott - Well, she never looked really relaxed; I could totally see that combo going off; can't believe she is still sitting in 8th with that; will be a tough fight for WS points though. I approve her statement for the team with #thefinger to end!

Stasia - What the hell is going on here? Seriously, this is a different girl than at Aurora Games. You could tell right from the start. No lightness of being. Very stressed. This is really breaking my heart.
(Folks, please rewatch and focus on Chebotareva on the 3lz fall, priceless :rofl: )

Shiraiwa - I love that program so much! :swoon:

J

Jeschke

GP 🇷🇺 Pairs SP

Boikova/Kozlovskii - I love how he slays the pink! 💪 They are just stunning! Totally loved it! :love: (I am kinda missing his fistbumps though)

Tarasova/Morozov - I really like them (and their set of programs) this season and hope they get their shit together 🙏

Stolbova/Novoselov - What happened to her lips? She looked kinda different 🤔 Not sure what to think to be honest; to me she was overpowering/overselling it right from the start. I really liekd Andrei, well, I always have, so no surprise here, I have no clue where to put them inside RUS. Sorry for @Mad for Skating it did not start better.

J

Jeschke

Hase/Seegert WUZROBBED :wuzrobbed:mitchell:
First time ever 30+ PCS on the big stage and you complaining :rofl:

Dare I ask if poster boy is in danger of being kicked off the team? It seems these days he’s not really heartbreaking since it’s been a lonnggg time since we’ve seen a glimpse of the old promise. Sad for him but rules are rules 🤷‍♂️
With age comes wisdom. Good question @pinky166 . Let's say, already debated and he only has one of boss/vice left holding him in. Stay tuned :watch:

J

Jeschke

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagabond

More evidence for the Articles of Impeachment. Tsk tsk.
Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.

There is nothing in the Rules that would permit Articles of Impeachment. :COP: :judge:

Ka3sha

Wait, check if the videos are working or not ..

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Wait, check if the videos are working or not ..

Not in the USA. :wuzrobbed I would LOVE to see the coach cams! :respec:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Work is crazy right now and and I didn't have a prayer of watching anything today. I'm so behind! :drama:

I just skimmed the ladies and pairs short programs, and have a few sleep-deprived hangry thoughts:

Pairs

Do they not have botox in Perm? Morozov looks more aged than usual, although it's not totally a bad thing.

As for S/N, I was underwhelmed. Probably my fault for setting expectations too high, but my honest reaction. I don't like the packaging, the program is generic, the twist mediocre, double toes, say no more. I want intense Susie. Medal at nationals will be a challenge.

Happy for Hase/Seegert, they do this kind of program so well, and they're SUCH short program skaters. Too bad the long is worth so much more. Anyways, totally robbed of third.

Boikova is one clean LP from being Russian number 1. I love the schmaltzy music and costumes, it just works so well. Although I wish they'd do the throw on the music crescendo. Stunning elements.

Tarasova. Did Mozer get a sassy shag haircut?! :eek: And since when is she with T/M again?! I had high hopes after the stunning start, but fcking up the spins and footwork is about par for the course. It's just so unfortunate as they seem so tight and tense whereas Boikova/K are free and effervescent. Their performances at the Russian test skates just seemed so free and easy.

Ladies:

Peltonen. Wow I would have bet everything I own she was going to do a waxel or fall on the axel. Boring. The coach's permanent unimpressed face is by far the highlight.

Scott. She looks hot as hell. I don't like this music, and I that 3Lo was about as big as Pakhamovich's. Let's just say I didn't need any kleenex to make it through this program. :p

Ryabova. I can't stand the jump combination or this program, just baaaaad and highlights all her weaknesses. Having said that she landed all her shit in her GP debut, good for her. Finally a decent TES!

Paganini. I want this third after the SP! :cheer: This is such a great program. And totally loved the congratulations from the announcer and crowd for her birthday. Thank god this beat Ryabova.

Trusova. :rofl: at the opening wipeout, Eteti's face, and then Eteti's face after she realized she was on camera. LOVE the spiral landing on the 3F, wish she would hold it out just a second more. I enjoyed this infinitely more than Skate America, good attack on everything. I wish this was her LP music, to be honest. I'm really enjoying Eteti's coat, but the flare denim has got to go!

Shiraiwa. Stunning dress, music, and program. :swoon: Probably one of my favorite SPs of the year. I could re-watch it all day. I'm hoping we get a clean performance somewhere!

I don't like Lambiel's tie.

Postergirl. Another one of my favorite programs but she's skating so tentatively and that takes away most of my enjoyment. The jumps are of course absolutely hopeless, and she has a lot of work to do if she wants to even come close to the GP again. She earned this spot, but I would have preferred to see Nugu or Gubanova or really anyone else tbh.

Med. FINALLY! Awesome 80s inspired costume. I orgasmed for the axel. Actually all the jumps. Stunning program--Averbukh just gets her, in a way that David Wilson has yet to. If she skates like this in the LP, she's back in the conversation at nationals.

Bell. The dress and hair are so on point, as is this sleazy remix of Radar. Ugh, that combo was doomed from the start. I love her and this program but I would have had my girl Alexia above this.

I never thought I'd be able to use the :gallopin1 emoji for Satoko, but here we are!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information