#TeamTrainwreck 18: Wrap your turban tight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

I still don't get the rules how to get in, but I summarize what I got so far, for all those wanting in;
Embarassing yourself
a) in front of camera at skating rink
b) in front of colleagues

c) wearing a turban? That almost seems to easy.
FAQ:

How do I get on the Fans' Auxiliary?

Not by asking or campaigning for it
Ways that have worked so far:

(1) Multiple unsuccessful nominations to the Team in one day, repeated on several occasions (pinky166)
(2) Sobbing uncontrollably when your beloved Alexander Abt skates well at the 2002 European Figure Skating Championships (SmallFairy)
(3) Humiliating yourself in front of colleagues because of your passion for Perkova or the Team in general and not being able to explain why (alchemy_void, rfisher)

Numbers 1 and 2 cannot be used again, and I would caution those who might be willing to risk their careers not to expect any rewards for Number 3. What other methods may be used remain to be seen.

Incidentally, to mark rfisher's admission to the Fans' Auxiliary, we here in the Press Office wrapped our turban tight today.

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin

(1) Multiple unsuccessful nominations to the Team in one day, repeated on several occasions (pinky166)
(2) Embarassing yourself in front of broadcast camera at 2002 European Figure Skating Championships (SmallFairy)
(3) Humiliating yourself in front of colleagues and not being able to explain why (alchemy_void, rfisher)

Numbers 1 and 2 cannot be used again, and I would caution those who might be willing to risk their careers not to expect any rewards for Number 3. What other methods may be used remain to be seen.

Incidentally, to mark rfisher's admission to the Fans' Auxiliary, we here in the Press Office wrapped our turban tight today.
To make it worse, the Dean later told me I wasn't "fluffy" because I laughed at trainwrecks and I wasn't sweet to my faculty and students. :lol: I did tell him nobody had ever called me fluffy.

Mad for Skating

She already has three: quad lutz, quad toe and quad toe in a combo :lol:

To kill such a fearsome trio of dragons, you’ll need a large caliber weapon.

And just let me say....Evgenia Tarasova is my everything right now, she looks SO fit and cute and glowing and intense and everything at the same time. Luuuuurved how Zoueva have given them lifts with holds that emphasises their clean lines. And really, sometimes I feel there's too much ado in figure skating costuming. Bling ok, but come on....all the girls in their black body suits, they look so good! There's no distractions, just beautiful, beautiful lines and extensions, especially pairs girls. More skaters should go the simple route. A body suit doesn't have to be boring, look at B/K!

Evgenia looks so gorgeous! She’s really so much prettier without those polka dots ;)

I’m personally in love with black bodysuits for pair girls. Since most of them are on the small side, it really helps accentuate the lines. Plus, they just look so dang fabulous.

(3) Humiliating yourself in front of colleagues and not being able to explain why (alchemy_void, rfisher)

A few months ago, my music teacher mentioned “Carmen” and I sent her about a dozen links to skating programs, along with a multiple-paragraph email explaining the story behind each skater. Does that count?

Vagabond

A few months ago, my music teacher mentioned “Carmen” and I sent her about a dozen links to skating programs, along with a multiple-paragraph email explaining the story behind each skater. Does that count?
:rolleyes:

And @Jeschke a chimera post that (1) links to one of your own posts, (2) purports to be quoting @alchemy void and (3) is actually quoting me makes you a headcase, but not a member of the Fan's Auxiliary. :COP:

J

Jeschke

What kind of #ttw inspired trainings camp is this?
Who are the others I fail to recognize besides Shibnev, Fedorova and Tsurskaya?

Ladida

On the left is Diana Avaz and next to Tsurskaya is Alla Loboda.

S

SmallFairy

(2) Embarassing yourself in front of broadcast camera at 2002 European Figure Skating Championships (SmallFairy)

I don’t know what it says about me, but I don’t really feel embarrassed 😅 I was young and passionate, and at the height of my überdom. And you have to remember, as a fan of Abt through all those dark years, I never thought a moment like that would come. One can excuse me for going all looney :lol: :gallopin1

Vagabond

I don’t know what it says about me, but I don’t really feel embarrassed 😅 I was young and passionate, and at the height of my überdom. And you have to remember, as a fan of Abt through all those dark years, I never thought a moment like that would come. One can excuse me for going all looney :lol: :gallopin1
There is no need to apologize for going loony. Looniness is a prerequisite for admission to the Fans' Auxiliary.

I have edited the list in Post #451. :COP:

I have also doffed my turban and am now wearing my more customary fez. 🇲🇦

Last edited:

SamuraiK

I dont know what surprises me more: the fact there is now a Losers Skating Academy or that you instantly recognize people like Shibnev or Fedorova :D

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I dont know what surprises me more: the fact there is now a Losers Skating Academy or that you instantly recognize people like Shibnev or Fedorova :D

:rofl:

Is it just me or do all all these D-list Russian skaters all start to look exactly the same after a while? I couldn’t tell a Fedorova from a Biryukova from a Loboda if my life depended on it. :shuffle:

Last edited:

SamuraiK

:rofl:

Is it just me or do all all these D-list Russian skaters all start to look exactly the same after a while? I couldn’t tell a Fedorova from a Biryukova from a Loboda if my life descended on it. :shuffle:

Its even worse with promising young russian girls. I started following them one season, the next season they are gone and then my feed keeps showing me grown up ladies I have no clue who they are. :p

J

Jeschke

Quiz time folks!
What happened on that balcony? :watch:
One answer per member only.
Price on the line:
Lascivious 60min dance class held by Samarin and @alchemy void
Alternative price if one is already a master of lascivious dancing or can't handle those 2 swinging hips for 1hour: 1 beer at Nebelhorn or other random c-tier-event.

J

Jeschke

Romsky joined the summer course of @Hanna ‘s harmony class ✌🏼

Cayuse

Evgenia looks so gorgeous! She’s really so much prettier without those polka dots ;)

Someone finally put some makeup on her so that her eyes, eyebrows and mouth show up instead of fading into the paleness of her face. Agree, she is very pretty.

J

Jeschke

Yablokov JGP debut tomorrow, Murashov CS debut friday.
Question of the day: where will Volchkova be? :watch:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Welcome to JGP Yablokov :gallopin1
#volchkovacurse
Does this count as difficult entry? :D

Insane save on the spin! :eek: Totally loved the program!

And has any Volchkova guy ever NOT had a belly shirt? I love it so much that is her signature as a coach. :rofl:

J

Jeschke

Insane save on the spin! :eek: Totally loved the program!

And has any Volchkova guy ever NOT had a belly shirt? I love it so much that is her signature as a coach. :rofl:
I love Yablokov so much. I will uber him so damn hard in years to come I fear :gallopin1

Re program: it's special but judging from PCS I think Volchkova does no favour to her boys going this bizarre-special-route.

I am still angry she cannot be with Murashov tomorrow. How could RUS fed make her chose between those 2!?:drama:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information