#TeamTrainwreck 18: Wrap your turban tight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobre

Dobre

Well....... let us see how she does first, before classifying it as "trainwreck".. :lol:

I'm sure it belongs in this thread, whether or not it turns out to be true or to be a trainwreck. (We do not trouble ourselves with waiting around prior to speculation here. I'm sure there have already been 1 or 2 posts in a prior TTW thread about what Mishin would do to Elizaveta's new programs . . . and probably how long it would take for them to turn into Sandstorm).

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Oh hey look, I discovered the Tursy-POTS winner from 1998! :rofl:

Seriously, WTF is going on here? A five foot blow-up-doll with a Tonya Harding face (including real cigarette :rofl: ), a replica of one of her costumes, and a sign that says TEMPLE OF TONYA with American flags on it? Given to the 11th place Ukrainian pair, Filonenko & Marchenko? :inavoid: Anyone know the backstory on this?

(And please don't question what I'm doing watching Filonenko/Marchenko videos on youtube at midnight on a Saturday night)

Laney

Seriously, WTF is going on here? A five foot blow-up-doll with a Tonya Harding face (including real cigarette :rofl: ), a replica of one of her costumes, and a sign that says TEMPLE OF TONYA with American flags on it? Given to the 11th place Ukrainian pair, Filonenko & Marchenko? :inavoid: Anyone know the backstory on this?

(And please don't question what I'm doing watching Filonenko/Marchenko videos on youtube at midnight on a Saturday night)
I remember this!!! 😂
But I have no clue about the story around this. It was the time before the Internet was all over the world... I think we didn't had Internet until 2000. I just remember that the commentator was slightly shocked 😂

S

SmallFairy

This is epic! I knew what this was when reading “five foot blow up doll” , I didn’t have to finish the paragraph:rofl:
What it was? I have no clue, but you never need excuses to watch F/M videos. Loved them!!!! :respec:

Mad for Skating

Is MBM‘s SP costume allowed for ISU events? If so, Vice will uber her so damn hard again 😬

Update: she has a Celine-power-ballad-FS with bomb drama slide and choreo steps drama! Vice will so uber!
Is the split slide allowed? 😱

I loved this! Mae is such a queen!

FS jumps looked incredibly safe for Stasia 💪🏼
Oh yes, she won’t go down without a fight! 💪🏼

I hope the 2a3t after 5seconds remains for the MR program too. Way better than her edgy flip/lutz combos.

Awesome reaction to end! 😍

That’s enough Stasia gushing for today. I am officially an uber now!

There is never enough Stasia gushing for one day!
She looked solid though, and boy do I love that dress.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
A lot of people who were apparently in the rink have commented on how elegant she looked. And, to be clear, the dress was beautiful. I just felt the color made her disappear into the ice under full lights. I think all skaters who wear gray or white do the same thing. Stasia's coloring really pops with dark, rich colors, but it is a beautiful dress.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

Smirnov is posting again! He says: And hello again.
Yes, it has indeed been a while:p

This is almost so sensational so it deserves a huge showing, @SamuraiK - style, but then I’m not totally certain about his (Smirnov’s!) look, so I’ll leave it to this:

J

Jeschke

I remember this!!! 😂
You're age-way somewhere between me and @Mad for Skating , how the hell can you remember that? Okay, I remember Szewczenko 3lz2 1/4t from worlds '98, so maybe it's possible :D

I just felt the color made her disappear into the ice under full lights.
As usual my dear, you have no taste 😘

but then I’m not totally certain about his (Smirnov’s!) look, so I’ll leave it to this:
There is nothing to be uncertain about with this look :scream:

:love:
Absolutely loved her new SP and the dress!
:40beers:

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
Hey guys I’m back! In recent news @Jeschke ‘s boycrush aka the less good Czech puppy has been gracing us with his social media presence this summer :p :smokin:

Let’s hope those abs help him get some quads...

Laney

You're age-way somewhere between me and @Mad for Skating , how the hell can you remember that? Okay, I remember Szewczenko 3lz2 1/4t from worlds '98, so maybe it's possible :D

As usual my dear, you have no taste 😘

There is nothing to be uncertain about with this look :scream:

:40beers:
It may shock you but I guess you and me are the same age 😉 I may even be older 😁 I just behave younger 😛
I started watching skating 1993 as a teenager. I was a huge fan of Tanja Szewczenko ❤ , than Ilia Kulik... And if I'm not mistaken, Filonenko is a cousin of Liashenko 😁

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I finally just got around to watching Konstantinova's SP from the Aurora Games.

STUNNING. :swoon: :swoon:

This is totally next level from her programs last season: excellent choreography executed with so much passion and expression and performance (which was mostly lacking last year).

I was getting major Butyrskaya vibes the entire program, from the drama footwork, to the ending pose, to the music to that fabulous costume. :encore:

I really liked her fake LP too, but now I have high expectations for Moulin Rogue!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Update: she has a Celine-power-ballad-FS with bomb drama slide and choreo steps drama! Vice will so uber!
Is the split slide allowed? 😱

I LOVE IT. I high-pitched-screamed at the drama slide! Is it confirmed this is her LP? She's obviously not in prime condition yet, but I think this program has loads of potential. I don't think I would have ever thought to pick Celine for her, but it totally works. This could be a signature program...

Is MBM‘s SP costume allowed for ISU events? If so, Vice will uber her so damn hard again 😬

...that is, until I watched MBM'S SMOKING HOT SP. :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Please tell me this is her SP. It was only 2:20 long here.

OMG. Hottest costume ever. SLAY!

All in all, I think this is more than enough to get her on the vacant watchlist spot immediately. Who's with me? :cheer:

I believe the dress is allowed. I loved the dress and thought she performed pretty well. The jumps however, looked completely off. She's been talking about self confidence etc. on Instagram but it doesn't really show in her skating.

The LP jumps looked better, and Brian said she had really solid warmups, so I'm not too worried yet about the jumps. It's still just August, and the 2A+3T was killer.

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I love MBM, and sadly for her there is a very promising junior coming so I fear her competitive days are numbered. But, I hope she :kickass: as long as she wants to compete. I vote yes.

J

Jeschke

MBM is big fun entertainment but heartbreak?
Vice! Behave!
(I might reconsider if she brings a backflip in her competitive program just because she is not giving a **** about the judges anymore :D )

And of course @rfisher gives her pity-yes, as she knows how it feels for skaters when their days are numbered 😂

Denied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information