#TeamTrainwreck 16: We do hard, not crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morqet

rising like a phoenix
We'll see. She's had plenty of rest and her jumps are looking pretty good, so, we'll see.

She's like Lipnitskaya in 2014/15 - Lip looked great in practice at GPF, and fell to pieces in the event. Their technique is OK to do jumps in isolation, but do it in a full program with the added pressure of a competition and things very quickly unravel. The judges aren't ignoring the underrotations like they did last season either.

Grounded! 1 week! 👆🏼

Hey, I said I was sad for Liza! At least least she's getting the peak #TTW event of Universiade.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Japan, Japan, Japan;).

(Really, it could go a whole myriad of ways).
I really don't think there will be a Japanese sweep. All the Japanese girls are subject to melt downs especially under pressure. I will :rofl: if Tursy throws down a clean quad in her free skate and wins it all. The ladies will be very interesting. Actually, apart from Pap/Ciz winning gold in dance, there's a lot of uncertainty in all the disciplines. Is Hanyu fully recovered? Is Uno (who is also subject to melt downs)? Will Chen be on top of his game? Will the French pair team hold it together? Will the Russians come to play or are they going to go down in flames? Will the Chinese manage (both teams are really shakey)? Will Nikita twizzle and sizzle or will he and Zach try to out do each other in screwing up? Will Bab's team sneak in for a medal? Will DivaChock tell the rest to get out of her way as she :kickass:

:watch:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Satoko doesn't melt down. She just underrotates. :( I'd sacrifice a goat to the skategods beneath the full moon if I thought it could help her get those jumps around.

Then again, she's won world medals in the past, so maybe I can afford to spare the goats.

SamuraiK

Well I would have voted for Social Media Empress. Winning Russian Final Cup is just too little too late but is better than insisting on torturing the Peasant Girl.

Is a good team but a JPN sweep is easy to root for now.

Hanna

Skating junkie
Ugh, poor Liza. :( I really feel like she got fecked here. I mean, how much was the overall difference in points at the Cup Final? 1 point? That's basically nothing.

Also, poor Janny if she ends up skating badly in Saitama. :( The bitching will be endless. I feel like she really could've used some time to work on her teknik and come back stronger next year. But I wish her all the best! Although if the Power of Three arrives roaring next season like they're expected to, who knows if this is the last chance.... so might as well enjoy it now.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Yes, Janny is going to be under TREMENDOUS pressure from all sides. I'm sure the Russian forums we hear so much about are already screeching at her like a banshee that got its toe caught in the door. I hope Brian or Tracy commandeers her phone and doesn't give it back until after Worlds.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Ugh, poor Liza. :( I really feel like she got fecked here. I mean, how much was the overall difference in points at the Cup Final? 1 point? That's basically nothing.

Also, poor Janny if she ends up skating badly in Saitama. :( The bitching will be endless. I feel like she really could've used some time to work on her teknik and come back stronger next year. But I wish her all the best! Although if the Power of Three arrives roaring next season like they're expected to, who knows if this is the last chance.... so might as well enjoy it now.
The Power of Three :respec: There are all sort of magical qualities associated with the Power of Three. :lol: Or MacBeth's witches. That's been Eteri's problem all along! She had 1 with Lip, 2 with Zag and Med, and now she's reached the magic triumvirent. Unless, all that magic was used up this season. :p

Dobre

Ironically, I think it's possible the Russian Fed has selected a team that is more trainwrecky than if they had selected the team trainwreck member. (This is your fault, @Jeschke , you know;). If you had just left her off the team, we would not be in this debacle now, right? I mean we could have had a nice normal splatfest for Tuk at Russian Nationals, but nooo, we had to have triple axels and a GP win and a GPF medal and pneumonia & no Europeans & big final head-to-head loss by one point and last minute dawdling by the federation and public whining by Med fans sure she would be robbed because she moved to Canada and now . . . Universiade).

All because someone had to break the rules & put Liza on the team.

SamuraiK

Ironically, I think it's possible the Russian Fed has selected a team that is more trainwrecky than if they had selected the team trainwreck member. (This is your fault, @Jeschke , you know;). If you had just left her off the team, we would not be in this debacle now, right? I mean we could have had a nice normal splatfest for Tuk at Russian Nationals, but nooo, we had to have triple axels and a GP win and a GPF medal and pneumonia & no Europeans & big final head-to-head loss by one point and last minute dawdling by the federation and public whining by Med fans sure she would be robbed because she moved to Canada and now . . . Universiade).

All because someone had to break the rules & put Liza on the team.

As long as the fault is on Boss for breaking his own TTW rules , i'm on board with this logic.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Tuk wuz totally robbed! :fragile::wuzrobbed

What made Medvedeva great was that she was so consistent that she relaxed into her programs and performed. Now she just skates around with that intense concentrated stare and isn't performing hardly at all. Russia will probably still be fine even sending two volatile skaters (isn't :bloc: & :skandal great?), but based on how they've actually been skating, this is the least formidable Russian team in a long time.
Go Sofia, go Japan, and everyone else. :EVILLE:

#endrant #butstill:wuzrobbed

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Now, that we know the world's teams, my worlds wishes
Ladies: Zagitova and Samodurova totally :kickass: This is for Mishin and for Zag to make all her haterez have to eat crow. Don't care which of the Japanese skaters is 3rd.

Men: Hanyu to slay and Chen to beat Uno. I've kind of over his tiny jumps. AND for Michal to make top 10. Well, and also for Rizzo to nail the quad and get two spots for Italy.

Dance: Nikita to beat Zach and for Chock to beat them both.

Pairs: James/Cipres to win gold and retire. I'm over them as well. Tarasova/Morozov to get silver and Matteo and that girl he skates with to get bronze. (Sorry Sui/Han fans, not a fan)

Maybe some or maybe none of that will happen, but that's still what I want

Vagabond

I realize TSL is hardly the most reliable source, but for what it's worth, they say Brian was teaching Janny all afternoon.
https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/1100889609381257216?s=19
Could it be that Dave Lease is more reliable that Radio Canada? :unsure:

Mais sa collaboration avec les entraîneurs Brian Orser et Tracy Wilson n'a pas apporté les résultats escomptés.
:huh: She won the Russian Cup Final. How much more escompté can you get than that?

SamuraiK

Insta Stalking of today..

Nevskaya enjoying married life Nice glasses
Zarkrajzek boys eyebrow overload
Zhou learning a new EX from Farris I miss you so much Joshua
gorgeous Eunsoo Lim I so want her to be the next KOR superstar
Royal Asada at a royal ceremony :love::love:
Still the best looking dance couple out there (y)
Taka Kozuka being cute as ever :giggle:
Savosin and friends Don't party too hard befor Jr Worlds kid
Mental Mozgov !! :oops:
I want all these at Worlds!!!! Plus Liza and Z&G. Seriously I almost would rather watch a revanche of Russian Nationals instead of Worlds (ok maybe with some japanese guestes and P&C).

Do-Hard Non Skating Bonus

Mad for Skating

The awesome apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree 😀

Will DivaChock tell the rest to get out of her way as she :kickass:

This is all I care about anymore #HotChockolateFTW

Satoko doesn't melt down. She just underrotates. :( I'd sacrifice a goat to the skategods beneath the full moon if I thought it could help her get those jumps around.

Then again, she's won world medals in the past, so maybe I can afford to spare the goats.

I wouldn’t worry about it. The judges are usually lenient with her in Japan. She always manages to rotate when it counts. And I would say her jumps look a little bigger this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information