#TeamTrainwreck 16: We do hard, not crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Meanwhile, Kuchvalska's LP today:

3F< fall
3Lo<< fall
3S+1eu+2F
1A2T stepout
3S
3T< stepout
2A+1T turnout

So sad. I thought she was making progress earlier this season, but the jumps aren't really even close, and the spins and footwork isn't much better. :(

Eisfee

Russian Fed is the main drama source this season, I just can’t :rofl::gallopin1

They sent entries to ISU today, but won’t announce the list, “as there is still a month till Worlds, anything may happen”
They are annoying!! I feel bad for the athletes!! Playing games on someone else shoulders are just stupid!

rfisher

Let the skating begin

They sent entries to ISU today, but won’t announce the list, “as there is still a month till Worlds, anything may happen”
:watch:

You can kind of understand. They are in dire straits for the men's team (maybe they're hoping for a miracle), there is a whole lot of politicking going on for the women's team, dance is probably secure but pairs is still questionable with regard to Zab/Enbert's fitness. I suspect the women's coaching politicks is the driving factor at this point. Maybe they should put Eteri, Mishin and TAT in a ring and let them fight it out. Orser really isn't a factor here. The Russian Fed doesn't care what he thinks, but TAT has made her position for Medvedeva loud and clear.

Last edited:

Ka3sha

. The Russian Fed doesn't care what he thinks, but TAT has made her position for Medvedeva loud and clear.
TAT’s power is seriously overrated nowadays, as she doesn’t have any official position in the Fed. She is an honorary consultant in ice dancing, that’s it. Yes, she is a member of coach council, but so are 34 other coaches.
She can loudly announce her opinion on national TV or in press,but she doesn’t have any real power. Otherwise, Stepanova/Bukin would have been Rus National Champions x 5 :D

rfisher

Let the skating begin
TAT’s power is seriously overrated nowadays, as she doesn’t have any official position in the Fed. She is an honorary consultant in ice dancing, that’s it. Yes, she is a member of coach council, but so are 34 other coaches.
She can loudly announce her opinion on national TV or in press,but she doesn’t have any real power. Otherwise, Stepanova/Bukin would have been Rus National Champions x 5 :D
But, I suspect, she's being really loud about now. Mishin needs some more champagne and then tell her to STFU.

Dobre

:gallopin1 You could see it coming, couldn't you? With all the competitive ladies in the mix and all the men a hot mess, what were the odds this decision was going to get easier by putting it off? (I realize it's not uncommon to wait until after the Russian Cup, but this season, especially after all the up & down rankings at Russian Nationals, you could really see the :gallopin1 coming).
:watch:

You can kind of understand. They are in dire straits for the men's team.

If they wait a little longer, maybe they can get Samarin to bomb in his own last minute competition and go into Worlds with all three team members coming off a:yikes:skate. Sigh. Put the poor gents out of their misery, and the same with whichever girl is going to be #4. It's not like the first alternate is going to stop training.

RoseRed

Who apart from @Jeschke would have thought Samarin was the strongest competitor going into Worlds at this point. :lol: Is he scheduled for Universiade? If I were him and I were scheduled, I'd decline the offer and hold my cards.
He is. And it's in Russia and he was still on the Universiade team when they announced it again a few days ago, so I think he'll go.

Dobre

Samarin, Lazukin, & Kovtun. (And if they don't name the team, they are all going to go into that event with worlds-qualification pressure). Does anyone think this is a good idea?

:gallopin1

Vagabond

Samarin, Lazukin, & Kovtun. (And if they don't name the team, they are all going to go into that event with worlds-qualification pressure). Does anyone think this is a good idea?
😊

But seriously:

Entries for Worlds were due a few hours ago.

https://www.isu.org/docman-document...su-world-championships-2019-announcement/file

Would the FSFR really kick someone entered for Worlds off the Team just for a meltdown after the deadline?

Of course, if the answer to that last question is yes and the skater in question is Lazukin or even Samarin, I can think of another Team that would be ideal for him.
:sneaky: :gallopin1

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I feel sorry for ThatStasiaGirl in this instance. Being the placeholder would really suck. Unless, there are underlying health issues for Tuk that we don't really know and the Fed isn't impressed with Janny and just threw their hands in the air and said, "send the other one." I guess we all wait and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information