Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmena

I am sure it was not what OP meant to say/said. Perhaps your take is far too rational.

Last edited:

layman

I am sure it was not what OP meant to say/said. Perhaps your take is far too rational.
Right. I did not mean her literal (biological) mother but rather her skate mother. A skate mother is someone you look up to and emulate.

Tobbe

Nobody cares! Lighten up! Surely there must be something of more substance to police/scold
Yeah nobody cares. Let's watch Maria Talalaikina again instead...;)

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
3 clips of Trusova practicing in Chelyabinsk: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTmpRhsoxIP/
I'm most happy to see her 3axel!!! That's the jump she really needs. A 3a in the SP and one in the LP will give her such a bonus with the rest of her quads. I could seriously see her do her LP as: 3a, 4f, 4s, 4ltz-2t//////// 4ltz(-3t), 4toe(-Eu-3sal), 3ltz(-3t or -3lp). The backloaded combos would have to be on an "As It Happens" situation. Aim for the 3t on the 4ltz in the second half which gets the most points. If she misses the first 4lz she can then do two 4toes in combo, replacing the second 4lz. Then she can use the final 3lutz to put in whatever combination she wants (-3lp/3t/2t). We already know that Sasha always comes out fighting hard early season, and seems to lose her edge come later competitions. But I'd LOVE her to compete this program cleanly just to see how she scores.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I was getting a feeling though this time that her 3axel is more secure. She looked like she owned the jump in the clip and not just landed it.
It is my sincere wish that Sasha :kickass: this season and nails every quad (at least at Russian nationals and earns her spot on the Olympic team) than skates away with an OGM.

Of course, I also want Anna, Kamilla and Liza to do the same. My heart is going to be broken for so many of the Russian women come February.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Russia One channel’s 17-minute spot previewing tomorrow’s women’s SPs, including substantial parts of all top skaters’ programs. Dani G provides background & analysis. Enjoyable in any language! :

Last edited:

alexikeguchi

Russia One channel’s 17-minute spot previewing tomorrow’s women’s SPs, including substantial parts of all top skaters’ programs. Enjoyable in any language! :

Thanks for posting. Sasha looks like she has grown really tall, yet her jumps look more secure than ever. I normally prefer the more lyrical skaters, but I just love her fierceness and raw athleticism. I really hope this is her year.

ETA and I actually think Frida looks pretty cool on her. DG's choreography for this looks less boilerplate and more suited to the individual skater.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I also found the official YouTube link to Russia One’s coverage of tomorrow’s test skates. This is likely the original Russian-lang version. I’m sure that our FSU Kiss & Cry forum will have the English edition (Ted Barton comments) & details on timing, order of skaters, etc.

Last edited:

Cherub721

YEAH!
I also found the official YouTube link to Russia One’s coverage of tomorrow’s test skates. This is likely the original Russian-lang version. I’m sure that our FSU Kiss & Cry forum will have the English edition (Ted Barton comments) & details on timing, order of skaters, etc.

It's the most wonderful time, of the yeaaaar :rockstar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information