U.S. Ice Dance 2021-22 season news & updates

azcalder

I’m always on board with seeing photos of Gwendal in any context.

I haven’t kept tabs on Ben Agosto over the years, but I am old enough to remember that his partner prior to Tanith was named Katy Hill - so I did a double take at the wedding news.
I’m always on board with seeing photos of Gwendal in any context.

I haven’t kept tabs on Ben Agosto over the years, but I am old enough to remember that his partner prior to Tanith was named Katy Hill - so I did a double take at the wedding news.
This is Katherine Hill - not his first partner, Katy Hill.

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Thank you for the link :) - I've re-posted it in the U.S. Club Competitions thread (the 2022-23 Kiss & Cry section is currently open to all) here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2022-u-s-club-nqs-competitions.109696/#post-6268008

Junior teams in the ISP currently listed for the RD on Thursday are:
Pham/Rogers
H. Carhart/Horovyi
Peal/Peal - a training clip: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfCLtV9gu2j/
Hauer/Starr

New Junior team: Anabelle Larson/Jonathan Young
Larson's previous partner, Lucas Appel, is listed on IPS and competing in solo dance right now (Senior event at Chesapeake).

Emilea Zingas/Vadym Kolesnik are listed for the Senior RD on Thursday.

Last edited:

RoseRed

Looks like Isabella Flores wants us to know she has found a new partner! :) https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfRk35NFDL8/

This group photo was posted yesterday from the World Hall Arena in Colorado Springs (Massimo Scali is standing between Isabella & new partner and 2022 U.S. junior champs Leah Neset/Artem Markelov): https://www.instagram.com/p/CfOq5byLUSA/
Ivan Desyatov. Interesting. Obviously Andreeva/Desyatov have split (maybe not totally surprising given that they switched from Russia to Belarus presumably for more international opportunities and currently wouldn't be able to compete). His last international event with Andreeva ended October 2nd, from what I can see. So he'd be eligible to compete after that if he's been released.

Sylvia

Isabelle Flores has shared another clip ("Guess what our rhythm dance to this season 😇"): https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfXAp3lpjOO/

ETA - cross-posting here from C/B's fan thread:
"We have only been on the ice for three days as of today," Chock said last week. "We are exploring music and thinking about what we want to do. Our coaches have already put together something like 15 rhythm dances and 15 free dances, and they have a really good feel on what the new rules look like and what is working and what is not. That's a huge benefit for us to come in and getting a later start than we would in a normal year." [...]
"The bronze medal was great, but we really wanted to challenge the teams ahead of us a bit more," Bates admitted. "We had a fantastic season, but I think that the athlete's mind is you believe that you can do more — that you can check every box and meet every goal and have that perfect performance.
"The good news is that I think that we still have a lot more that we want to accomplish. There isn't this sense that we need to — we've already accomplished a lot, but there is a fire for us to do even more."

Sylvia

Surprised to see that Molly and Yehor are in the D envelope. Thought they would have been in C at least.
Cesanek/Yehorov qualified for D based on this "Additional Considerations" criterion: "Athletes that were in Team B the previous year and plan on continuing to compete will automatically be placed in Team D – Tier 1 if they do not meet the criteria for Team A or Team B."

ETA: Ditto for McNamara/Spiridonov.

Last edited:

Bigbird

I do not understand why she did not pick Kolesnik. She would be better for him i think
When you have swag like Flores you can choose whomever you want! All by herself this girl is giving the latina feels.

Dobre

Top 10 summer scores for junior teams:

(Teams in bold are currently on the ISP. Let me know if I am missing any competitions).

Neset & Markelov-144.45 (Broadmoor Open)
Carhart & Horovyi-136.17 (Chesapeake)
Pham & Rogers-135.75 (Chesapeake)
Hauer & Starr-132.71 (Chesapeake)
The Peals-119.78 (Chesapeake)
Bland & Sperry-108.27 (Chesapeake)
Epps & Gilman-106.79 (Chesapeake)
L'Esperance & Amdour-102.99 (Chesapeake)
Chen & Liu-97.71 (Chesapeake)
Larson & Young-96.73 (Chesapeake)

Mullen & Mullen-none yet?

Sylvia

Last edited:

Dobre

Update: Top 10 summer scores for junior teams.

(Teams in bold are currently on the ISP. Let me know if you see any corrections that I need to make).

Neset & Markelov-160.13 (Dallas Texas Open)
Pham & Rogers-140.77 (Dallas Texas Open)
Hauer & Starr-140.70 (Dallas Texas Open)
The Peals-135.55 (Dallas Texas Open)
Bland & Sperry-130.86 (Dallas Texas Open)
Epps & Gilman-108.90 (Dallas Texas Open)
O'Brien & Wei-103.91 (Dallas Texas Open
Larson & Young-101.06 (Dallas Texas Open)

Mullen & Mullen-none yet.

Observation: The Mullens are on the ISP with a 127.35 at last year's Junior Nationals. Perhaps Bland & Sperry's score at the Dallas Texas Open will be enough to get them listed?

Last edited:

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Update: Top 10 summer scores for junior teams.

(Teams in bold are currently on the ISP. Let me know if you see any corrections that I need to make).

Neset & Markelov-160.13 (Dallas Texas Open)
Pham & Rogers-140.77 (Dallas Texas Open)
Hauer & Starr-140.70 (Dallas Texas Open)
The Peals-135.55 (Dallas Texas Open)
Bland & Sperry-130.86 (Dallas Texas Open)
Epps & Gilman-108.90 (Dallas Texas Open)
O'Brien & Wei-103.91 (Dallas Texas Open
Larson & Young-101.06 (Dallas Texas Open)

Mullen & Mullen-none yet.

Observation: The Mullens are on the ISP with a 127.35 at last year's Junior Nationals. Perhaps Bland & Sperry's score at the Dallas Texas Open will be enough to get them listed?
One can hope! USA has 2 spots in each JGP for dance this season, so if Bland & Sperry are added, that would mean 7 teams could each get two assignments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information