U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Confirmation from TASS that Annabelle Morozov has been released by Russia and will skate with Jeffrey Chen:

If I have missed this from another thread, mea culpa.

It was in the Russian news thread earlier today.

Sylvia

TBD
Confirmation from TASS that Annabelle Morozov has been released by Russia and will skate with Jeffrey Chen
To clarify: Today's TASS article does not mention Chen. Anything GOEs posted the TASS link on X (linked above) and wrote "She [Annabelle Morozov] is said to have formed a partnership with Jeffrey Chen."
Neither skater nor MIDA has announced the partnership to date.

ETA:
It was in the Russian news thread earlier today.
Link: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ating-news-in-2024.111670/page-2#post-6598831
Machine translated excerpt from the Russian article: "Earlier, a RIA Novosti source reported that the American side [USFS] sent a corresponding release [request] to the FFKKR. Morozov’s pairing with Russian Igor Eremenko broke up and now the figure skater is training in a duet with American Jeffrey Chen [per an unnamed source]."

Last edited:

Cayuse

To clarify: Today's TASS article does not mention Chen. Anything GOEs posted the TASS link on X (linked above) and wrote "She [Annabelle Morozov] is said to have formed a partnership with Jeffrey Chen."
Neither skater nor MIDA has announced the partnership to date.

ETA:

Link: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ating-news-in-2024.111670/page-2#post-6598831
Machine translated excerpt from the Russian article: "Earlier, a RIA Novosti source reported that the American side [USFS] sent a corresponding release [request] to the FFKKR. Morozov’s pairing with Russian Igor Eremenko broke up and now the figure skater is training in a duet with American Jeffrey Chen [per an unnamed source]."
Wishful thinking: Jeffery and Katerina Wolfkostin will reunite (They wouldn't have to start from square 1, they have great lines, and yes, they had some disaster falls and mess-ups, but they can be overcome.) Morozov can skate with Tsarevski.

Sylvia

TBD
Neset and Markelov were married yesterday:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Neset and Markelov were married yesterday:

I love her dress! So classic and elegant. They make a stunning couple. ❤️

TwinnerA

Marriage records are not public in Colorado, legally speaking. This is not the only skating forum where an anonymous poster is making this claim very insistently without offering any evidence besides the factually inaccurate claim that it would be “public record,” in case anyone is wondering how seriously to take this.
Marriage records are public record in North Dakota. N/M’s isn’t listed yet, but it has only been a few days since the wedding.

Trillian

Marriage records are public record in North Dakota. N/M’s isn’t listed yet, but it has only been a few days since the wedding.

Okay? My post you just quoted from a few months ago was in response to some anonymous poster who dive-bombed multiple forums as soon as the engagement was announced to insist that N/M were already married and that it was “public record” in Colorado. It had nothing to do with their actual, well-documented recent wedding.

I’m sure they really are married now, and congrats to them.

Sylvia

TBD

TwinnerA

Okay? My post you just quoted from a few months ago was in response to some anonymous poster who dive-bombed multiple forums as soon as the engagement was announced to insist that N/M were already married and that it was “public record” in Colorado. It had nothing to do with their actual, well-documented recent wedding.

I’m sure they really are married now, and congrats to them.
I wasn't criticizing you, truly. I had seen the poster claiming here, there and everywhere they were already married. I was just posting to show there will be a public record of the marriage eventually in ND.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
DL just mentioned in the TSL GP Assignments review the following -

1) Michael Parsons had knee surgery which is the reason for their later GP assignments
2) CarPon are skating to Carmen - which... I have thoughts and my first reaction is concern over such a warhorse music selection.

timestamped to where he mentions this information - https://youtu.be/2JwD24fKcBY?si=iUJbP-vVnAuTmbzO&t=3738

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
DL just mentioned in the TSL GP Assignments review the following -

1) Michael Parsons had knee surgery which is the reason for their later GP assignments
2) CarPon are skating to Carmen - which... I have thoughts and my first reaction is concern over such a warhorse music selection.

timestamped to where he mentions this information - https://youtu.be/2JwD24fKcBY?si=iUJbP-vVnAuTmbzO&t=3738
I knew Parsons had to have an injury! I hope his knee heals up quickly and well.

Given Scott's history with Carmen I'm even more ???? lol

Dobre

Well, that confirms that. I wish Michael the best in his recovery.

Given Scott's history with Carmen I'm even more ???? lol
At this rate, Scott & Charlie will have gone through Igor's entire repertoire within another year.

Sylvia

TBD
Here are the GP assignments - 8 teams with 2 assignments apiece and 1 TBD at Skate America:

Skate America: Allen, Texas – Oct. 18-20, 2024
Madison Chock and Evan Bates, Leah Neset and Artem Markelov*, TBD

Skate Canada International: Halifax, Nova Scotia – Oct. 25-27, 2024
Emily Bratti and Ian Somerville, Oona Brown and Gage Brown, Emilea Zingas and Vadym Kolesnik

Grand Prix de France: Angers, France – Nov. 1-3, 2024
Emily Bratti and Ian Somerville, Leah Neset and Artem Markelov, Eva Pate and Logan Bye

NHK Trophy: Tokyo, Japan – Nov. 8-10, 2024
Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko, Madison Chock and Evan Bates, Caroline Green and Michael Parsons

Finlandia Trophy: Helsinki, Finland – Nov. 15-17, 2024
Oona Brown and Gage Brown, Eva Pate and Logan Bye, Emilea Zingas and Vadym Kolesnik

Cup of China: Chongqing, China – Nov. 22-24, 2024
Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko, Caroline Green and Michael Parsons

*making Grand Prix Series debut

Maybe we can create the 2024-25 U.S. Ice Dance news thread before the start of the Chesapeake Open (June 19-22)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information