Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
In their latest podcast episode (Dec. 2), "Madi and Evan answer questions from listeners and give their thoughts on the cancellation of the Grand Prix Final."

Fan Zone article by @Jayar (Dec. 6):
Excerpts:
When asked about the possibility of being the first to make four Olympic teams, Bates struggled to craft a response.
"I honestly don't really know what to say about that. I should have an answer prepared, but you really can't put it into words," he said. "I do take a lot of pride in the longevity of my career. I've been around so long and have seen so much, but I am still really driven and still love (ice dance) so much. I really do feel like I'm better than I have ever been, and I am still hungry and working hard to improve."
"There are a few changes to our programs that we were waiting to make until after we got back from Japan, but now we can implement them immediately," Chock explained. "That will be our focus as we prepare for the upcoming U.S. Championships."
With the competition just a few weeks away, Chock and Bates are beginning to feel that twinge of excitement that comes with the anticipation of the U.S. Championships. To stay on focused on the mission at hand, they have started to put blinders on as they prepare for one of the most exciting but stressful weeks of their season.
"This is when dreams can become reality, and the memories that I have of making the previous teams are extra special," Bates said. "I think that we will just be really focused and locked in on what we need to do which is just to skate well and take advantage of the training that we've been putting in and to just continue building as we get closer to the Olympics."
Though Chock, 29, and Bates, 32, realize that their competitive days will not last forever, they are not yet ready to have the curtain come down on their career, and do not expect to think about that until the season is over. In the meantime, however, they are beginning to see what might be waiting for them when they do decide to move on to the next phase of their lives.
"We would love to still be a part of the skating world whether that means shows, coaching, choreographing, or a little bit of all of those," Chock said. "We love the skating community and would love to give back in our own way, but also dabble in some other things outside of skating."
Bates interjected, "Skating will always be a big part of our heart and our soul and hopefully our lives. As we look forward, we'd like to get married and have a family which is kind of hard to do when you're competing."

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Madi is in a Delta commercial!

VGThuy

Sylvia

TBD
Madi is in a Delta commercial!
She finally shared the same footage herself 2 days ago :): https://www.instagram.com/p/CXeIj85FUps/
Proud to be a part of this wonderful project! I’m a long time fan of @delta and happy to welcome them to @teamusa as an official sponsor! 🤗
I had an absolute blast working with @smartypantspictures @jrseftel @justjennbeauty @jasonlinkow 🎥🎞🎬💄💁🏻‍♀️
Make sure to keep an eye on your in flight monitor next time you fly with @delta ✈️🌎😉
Today's podcast (Dec. 16) with first guest Christopher Dean:

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
From their pre-Nationals media call today (scroll up for their quotes re. being a couple both on and off the ice & c*vid policy at Nationals): https://twitter.com/AnythingGOE/status/1473413167401287686

From the end of the Twitter thread:
On future plans:
“Well there are certainly no plans to stop at the moment. We’re very focused on the Olympic Games and we feel like we're in the best shape and the most motivated we've ever been. We will reconvene after the games.” – Madison Chock
Anything GOEs

On the team event:
“We share such a special bond with [Madison Hubbell and Zach Donohue]. We really feel that it would be a good tribute to our friendship and the environment that our school has cultivated, it would mean a lot if we could share it with them.” - Chock
ETA another set of tweets: https://twitter.com/ClaireCloutier/status/1473426697609433089
One says:
Asked about the Olympic team event, Chock/Bates said: "We are not the ones who make that final decision." However, they have discussed it with Hubbell/Donohue. "There's no question that we would like to share it with them. It would mean a lot to us if we were able to."

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
You can catch up on their latest podcast episodes here:

skatfan

You can catch up on their latest podcast episodes here:
Loved the stories about Evan and the closing ceremonies clothing.

Sylvia

TBD
Madi & Evan are on their way to Beijing as I type this! :)

Wheeee :D:

Madison Chock, 29, and Evan Bates, 32, ice dancing
The glamorous pair has been a tandem on the ice since 2011 and a couple off the ice since 2017. Chock, born in Redondo Beach, Calif., and Bates, who hails from Ann Arbor, Mich., are eyeing their first waltz up the Olympic podium after competing together in the 2014 and 2018 games. The couple carries big expectations into Beijing after winning their third ice dancing title at the US Figure Skating Championships. For Bates, this is his fourth Olympiad, a record for an American figure skater. He competed with former partner Emily Samuelson in the 2010 winter games in Vancouver.
The photographer, DS Sanchez, posted another photo (as did Madi yesterday) from this shoot: https://www.instagram.com/p/CZZzgpzLGKt/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information