Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orbitz

Sorry if this has been said before, but I hope they do continue after this year. If nothing else, next year’s worlds could be their best opportunity yet to go for world gold, completing the full set of medals.
Not if Eteri has anything to say about it :)

Fadeevfanboy

Sorry if this has been said before, but I hope they do continue after this year. If nothing else, next year’s worlds could be their best opportunity yet to go for world gold, completing the full set of medals.
Who are you assuming will be at worlds this year? I am guessing a lot are assuming Papadakis & Cizeron, Hubbell & Donohue, Sinitsina & Katsalapov, and Gilles & Poirier all won't be there. Not saying all those have to be out for C&B to have a chance at gold of course, just wondering if that is your line of thinking of all who will be retired/taking a break by then too.

dancing_on_ice

Who are you assuming will be at worlds this year? I am guessing a lot are assuming Papadakis & Cizeron, Hubbell & Donohue, Sinitsina & Katsalapov, and Gilles & Poirier all won't be there. Not saying all those have to be out for C&B to have a chance at gold of course, just wondering if that is your line of thinking of all who will be retired/taking a break by then too.
Hubbell/Donohue have said multiple times this season that this will be their last competitive season. Nikita Katsalapov has been severely injured this whole season, and they've already won a Worlds title, and will likely have some Olympic medals once the season is over. Papadakis/Cizeron will have nothing left to win once they win the Olympics. I expect them to go to their home worlds, and then retire. They've even admitted that they've lost a lot of their love for competing. In On Edge, Gabi admitted that the main thing driving them forward at this point is a fear of losing. That's not exactly inspiring in terms of continuing. I keep reading that Gilles/Poirier are going to retire, but I haven't found the direct quote where they actually confirmed that.

Stepanova/Bukin have said that they wish to continue. So have Guignard/Fabbri. So those teams, alongside Chock/Bates, would be the immediate main contenders for the world title next year.

Sylvia

TBD
I just saw the commercial with Maddie and her mother for a diabetes drug. Her mom has type 2 diabetes. How nice that she will get commercial residuals as well as Maddie.

ETA that gymnast Laurie Hernandez did a similar commercial with her dad (saw it often during the Tokyo Olympics).

Last edited:

Fadeevfanboy

Hubbell/Donohue have said multiple times this season that this will be their last competitive season. Nikita Katsalapov has been severely injured this whole season, and they've already won a Worlds title, and will likely have some Olympic medals once the season is over. Papadakis/Cizeron will have nothing left to win once they win the Olympics. I expect them to go to their home worlds, and then retire. They've even admitted that they've lost a lot of their love for competing. In On Edge, Gabi admitted that the main thing driving them forward at this point is a fear of losing. That's not exactly inspiring in terms of continuing. I keep reading that Gilles/Poirier are going to retire, but I haven't found the direct quote where they actually confirmed that.

Stepanova/Bukin have said that they wish to continue. So have Guignard/Fabbri. So those teams, alongside Chock/Bates, would be the immediate main contenders for the world title next year.

Yes I knew H&D were pretty much a sure thing. I was/am less sure on all those others. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I would jizz with happiness if Guignard & Fabbri finally win a world medal. Any color. If somehow all those teams are out of next years worlds they can't deny G&F atleast a bronze hopefully (and beating out S&B for silver would not be far fetched).

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
I don’t find health issues funny
I’m not laughing at health issues. 🙄 I’ve worked on late phase clinical trials of novel treatments for T2D and have helped run organizations dedicated to providing high quality, independent scientific services to non-profit and commercial pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and the NIH, if that helps speak to my respect of public health crises?

Advertisement of pharmaceuticals is almost wholly unique to the US. And, yes, the US takes the lead in prevalence of diabetes amongst “developed” countries. I’m chuckling at the uniqueness of the situation. I guess I’m just an absurdist at heart. 🤷🏻‍♀️

firstflight

I’m not laughing at health issues. 🙄 I’ve worked on late phase clinical trials of novel treatments for T2D and have helped run organizations dedicated to providing high quality, independent scientific services to non-profit and commercial pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and the NIH, if that helps speak to my respect of public health crises?

Advertisement of pharmaceuticals is almost wholly unique to the US. And, yes, the US takes the lead in prevalence of diabetes amongst “developed” countries. I’m chuckling at the uniqueness of the situation. I guess I’m just an absurdist at heart. 🤷🏻‍♀️
When British viewers tuned in to watch Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah, there were so many reactions of “Wow! You all have to endure these commercials all the time?” and “Wait, are Americans supposed to have to tell their doctors what medicines they need to be prescribed?”

Peepsquick

Nope, the desire to win, which is quite different. Of course, the pressure is enormous

Sylvia

TBD
Friendly request :) - can we try and keep this FAN thread focused on Madi & Evan please?

Link to where we can discuss ice dance in general: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ing-the-bling-or-no-beijing-2021-2022.108381/

ETA that this Deroit Free Press article by Jeff Seidel (Jan. 30) is behind a paywall:

Last edited:

Allskate

I can see why Chock and Bates were selected as team captains. They are being supportive of Vincent and Karen while also moving on from today's team performances and making it clear that they don't think it will affect tomorrow's performances. Jackie Wong has several tweets in this thread that include comments from C & B after today's competition. I just really, really hope that C and B are competing tomorrow.

Sylvia

TBD
Madi's mom talks about how proud she is of her starting at this point in the NBC's video tribute to Team USA parents :): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8TypqeoB3U&t=149s

ETA links to Madi's latest IG posts/photos:

"Team love ❤️🤍💙 Stronger together.": https://www.instagram.com/p/CZoR5tJO3vV/

"One alien and one astronaut reporting for practice 👽🛸🧑🏼‍🚀": https://www.instagram.com/p/CZoR5tJO3vV/

"Are you ready for the Team event? We are! 💪🏼🇺🇸😁❤️🤍💙": https://www.instagram.com/p/CZifk6-tHGm/

And... Evan's 2 photos of them ("Landed on center ice 👩‍🚀👽"): https://www.instagram.com/p/CZlHkPqJjOV/

Allskate

Sylvia

TBD
NBC Sports’ video of their Team Event FD :): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOpTpruvSlQ

TODAY show interview this morning:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information