Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbird

With all my love for them, many of the lifts just in the FD just seemed too hard for them? How did it look in the arena? To this day my favorite FD from them is their first jazzy number the did at IAM, that is just their wheelhouse. If anyone could have pulled off a great Nat King Cole Medley, it would have been them. Sigh. You can't always get what you want.

angi

With all my love for them, many of the lifts just in the FD just seemed too hard for them?
I thought their lifts were magnificent, all three are new lifts for them, and the stationary lift, in particular, needs more speed but the first straight line + rotational combo was wonderful (and got a very high score).
Most of I.AM teams are either going big with new lifts (F/G, H/D, C/B) or at least trying new lifts that are more challenging for them (S/D, L/L, C/P) and I hope these teams will be rewarded for that, especially compared to some of the top teams who keeps repeating basic lifts for several seasons in a row.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
They are becoming like a new version of Piper and Paul in the way that they are bringing something to their programs so unique and different from everyone else.

I appreciate they have concepts (an astronaut and an alien, snake and snake charmer) that doesn’t need tons of explaining!!

And their concepts are outside the box. I appreciate that!

I so want them on the Olympic podium

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
C/B need to change short program music. It's forgettable. Not going to help in Oly season.

Oh no no no, I hundred percent agreed with you until 9 PM yesterday when I actually saw the program. Just hearing about it I wanted to have the same opinion as you and then I saw it and I could not believe how much I enjoyed it

And the audience was really clapping along on that program

DreamSkates

Well one thing's for sure, they're not afraid to try something new and different. Which I think ice dance needs today. Not that I don't like romance, but too much of similar themes is too much of the same thing. I don't have much of an eye for the intricacies of ice dance, so I enjoy uniqueness.

clairecloutier

I just caught up with C/B's free dance today and was surprised how much I liked it! The astronaut concept had sounded kind of--well--out there, and I was doubtful. But the dance is actually quite interesting and appealing and held my attention throughout. Also, I thought they performed it extremely well. It was so smoothly skated, with good speed and flow, and great transitions. Could see some room to further polish the lifts, but quite impressive for the season debut!

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
"Madi and Evan recap their week in Finland and look forward to their next competition in Las Vegas."

They had their pre-Skate America media call earlier today:
https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/1448766000850161665
... said their Daft Punk FD depicts the growth of a relationship between different terrestrial beings: "You can find love ... w/someone different from you ... That is a strong message & one we want to bring forward on Olympic stage."
Also recapped in this series of tweets: https://twitter.com/AnythingGOE/status/1448763830914457610
On podcast ‘Unlaced’: “We have conversations all the time so why not record them and show more of ourselves to the world as we embark on this incredible journey that we're so fortunate to experience. It’s a unique perspective and we want to share our experience with everyone.”

Sylvia

TBD
Episode 4: Costume Talk (10/28) - before Madi talks about the costume design process, she mentioned that after Skate America was in Los Angeles filming something with her mom (maybe family-related for Olympic/Team USA sponsor Procter & Gamble?).

ETA: Mathieu Caron told her there are over 10,000 stones embedded by hand into her FD dress!
2 photos of the dress: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVlfpLLpKt8/

Last edited:

VGThuy

Anybody have a video of their Skate American performances? I for the life of me can't find any on YouTube.

DreamSkates

I like their free dance. It is different from everyone else's. I don't "like" the music but they work the music with their movements and their dancing feels right on target with the feeling of the music. I also like science fiction, so this is a treat!
I am getting very bored with ice dance -the boy meets girl and now they are passionate, blah blah blah.

Sylvia

TBD
Episode 5: When Evan Met Madi (Nov. 4, 2021):
Madi's post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CV3KrgNlOWb/
"From our first photo, to our first date, our worst date and so much more!"

sap5

I like their free dance. It is different from everyone else's. I don't "like" the music but they work the music with their movements and their dancing feels right on target with the feeling of the music. I also like science fiction, so this is a treat!
I am getting very bored with ice dance -the boy meets girl and now they are passionate, blah blah blah.
So "boy meets girl and now they are passionate, blah blah blah" is boring, but "boy meets alien and now they are passionate, blah blah blah" isn't boring??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information