Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chapis

i am glad they did not win the gold medal, because people are being very cruel with them, imagine the hate if they win the gold, they are not my favorites but I really enjoyed much the sd and i can see they have improved.

Debbie S

Congratulations to Madison and Evan on their world silver medal! They should be very proud of all they accomplished this season. I'm looking forward to seeing what next season brings!

skatesindreams

At the beginning of the season I believe they would have been delighted to win the Silver at Worlds.
Congratulations to them!

vireo

Madison and Evan had a great season. Congratulations to them on winning both their GP events, their first US national title, and silvers in the GPF and World Championship. That's quite a haul. :cheer2::respec:

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
Just a little something - for all the crap that Madison takes here like she is the Wicked Witch of the West or something, I want you to know that a skater I know who is a nationally ranked ice dancer and coach says that "everyone loves Madison" at that level. He absolutely adores her.

arakwafan2006

After watching the Canadian broadcast, I can tell you that neither Kurt Browning or Carol Lane are anything close to a fan... especially Kurt. sheesh

Sylvia

TBD
http://www.teamusa.org/News/2015/April/10/USOC-Announces-Best-Of-March
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Notable performances during the month of March earned ... the ice dancing pair of Madison Chock (Novi, Michigan) and Evan Bates (Ann Arbor, Michigan) Best of March honors for the Team USA Awards presented by Dow, the United States Olympic Committee announced today.
Chock and Bates earned the ice dancing silver medal with a personal-best score of 181.34 at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships, held March 23-29 in Shanghai. The second-place finish marked a career high and they were the only team to earn a level four – the highest awarded in figure skating – on each of their five elements in the short dance. The pair's segment score of 74.47 was the highest of the event by 1.79 points.
Evan Bates will be Team USA's captain at World Team Trophy next week in Tokyo, Japan.

ETA link to Madison's Worlds blog (published on April 8): http://www.teamusa.org/News/2015/April/08/Madison-Chock-Showdown-In-Shanghai
Excerpt:
It was an exciting Wednesday as the short dance finished and we led the event, capturing a small gold medal! With one day off before the free dance I had to get out so I wouldn’t just sit in my room and think about skating, or think about thinking about skating, which can happen, too.

After a nice day off, we were anxious to get to the free dance. We treated it as a completely new event, disregarding our success the previous day. You can’t go into the second part of the competition thinking you’ll stay in first just because that’s where you are or that you must skate perfectly to pull up because you aren’t as high as you want to be; it’s important to be in a clear head space knowing you are trained and capable to perform your program as well as you have practiced.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
This photo of Madison on a broomstick made me laugh: https://instagram.com/p/1a-nhVSDb6/

Chock/Bates are scheduled to compete their Short Dance at WTT at 2:54 a.m. Eastern overnight.

Feature article on C/B: http://www.hometownlife.com/story/s...chock-bates-just-scratching-surface/25733193/
Excerpts:
"Igor has an amazing mind and a very keen eye for details and a story line," Chock said. "When he creates a program he likes to create a story with it, so you can see what's happening and you can follow it like a movie. He's also a very technically strong coach. Like I said, his eye for detail is completely on point. We've been working on our technical skills all year. Throughout the year there's never a point where we stop. Like there's always something that we can find we can fix. I've been skating with him since I started ice dancing in 2005. Evan started five years later and I paired up."
Once the World Team Trophy finishes, Chock and Bates will scale back their training – somewhat.

"We'll have a week off after World Team Trophy and then we'll come back and skate and start preparing new programs," Madison said. "Beginning in the summer we'll have another vacation.

"I like to go some place warm and sunny, and have nothing to do with skating. Relax and unwind because it's really been a long season."

Sylvia

TBD
Icenetwork will announce its choice for 2014-15 Person of the Year later this month. Here's one of the nominations for that honor from icenetwork contributor Sarah S. Brannen.

U.S. ice dance in good hands with Chock, Bates
Michigan duo made podium at all eight competitions this season

Posted 5/8/15 by Sarah S. Brannen, special to icenetwork
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2015/05/08/122702674
"[Chock] has a really natural expression. It's not always that we can find someone who can express different styles in such a natural way," said two-time world bronze medalist Fabian Bourzat, who helps train the team in Novi, Michigan. "She's technically strong, and she trusts him. He's really daring. They both want to push the boundaries of the lifts."

Looking ahead, the two skaters know they have things to improve on if they want to turn their silvers into golds. They said they plan to work on their unison and fluidity, and on showing more connection with each other. They didn't discuss their rivals; like all skaters, they know all they can do is to try to improve and let the results happen.

rustyskater

I thought the Rach FD rocked! Madison's early minor stumble ruined the trance I was in at the beginning of the program. The dance will only get better. The SD is just OK. Not sure I like the gypsy-style costumes a waltz dance.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
They looked so strong in both their programs! One nitpick I have is I didn't care for the final straight-line lift in the FD (where Madi is standing on Evan's thigh with her leg in the air). It just wasn't an aesthetically pleasing position. There were some stunning moments in the program, though. :swoon:

nuge

They looked so strong in both their programs! One nitpick I have is I didn't care for the final straight-line lift in the FD (where Madi is standing on Evan's thigh with her leg in the air). It just wasn't an aesthetically pleasing position. There were some stunning moments in the program, though. :swoon:

That's what I thought It didn't look nice at all .Hope they change it.Loved the rotational lift though.Perhaps they should do their lift from last year where he lifts her feet in the air .That could be their signature.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
That's what I thought It didn't look nice at all .Hope they change it.Loved the rotational lift though.Perhaps they should do their lift from last year where he lifts her feet in the air .That could be their signature.

I was thinking maybe they could swap it out with the straight line lift from their exhibition. She's still standing on his leg, but it's a much prettier position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information