DWTS Season 27

jkl

Announced today on Good Morning America....Facts of Life star Nancy McKeon will be partnered with Val. She is 52 years old. The rest of the cast will be announced on Sept 12 also on GMA. Season premiere is September 24.

screech

Announced today on Good Morning America....Facts of Life star Nancy McKeon will be partnered with Val. She is 52 years old. The rest of the cast will be announced on Sept 12 also on GMA. Season premiere is September 24.
Wait, Val DIDN'T get a young ringer? Whah!?!?
Is it because from October 7 he'll be busy judging DWTS Juniors (alongside Adam Rippon and choreographer Mandy Moore)? I doubt he's fallen out of favour...

In any case, again it seems Julianne is not back judging, which isn't a big loss IMO, though I wish they'd have another technical judge besides Len.

Sylvia

TBD
Wait, Val DIDN'T get a young ringer? Whah!?!?
Is it because from October 7 he'll be busy judging DWTS Juniors (alongside Adam Rippon and choreographer Mandy Moore)?
DWTS Juniors already has finished taping (it's not a live show).

ETA:
Announced today on Good Morning America....Facts of Life star Nancy McKeon will be partnered with Val.
Clip from their joint appearance on GMA this morning: https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1037319092456181765

Last edited:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Who is Brandon Armstrong? I don't remember him. I really wish they would put a couple of these pros back in the ensemble & get a couple of better pros. Keo & Gleb are the kiss of death for any stars who draw them. They have both improved but their choreography doesn't compare well with the other pros.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Who is Brandon Armstrong? I don't remember him. I really wish they would put a couple of these pros back in the ensemble & get a couple of better pros. Keo & Gleb are the kiss of death for any stars who draw them. They have both improved but their choreography doesn't compare well with the other pros.
I had to look him up. http://www.justjaredjr.com/2018/09/...randon-armstrong-with-10-fun-facts-exclusive/
I vaguely recall him competing when they had the juniors segments back in the day.

screech

Yay, Sasha is a pro again!! Each season I always hold out hope for him. And Cheryl is back?
Congrats to Brandon for making it into the pros, though he never stood out in the troupe for me unlike some others. Not like Jenna (who mugged so much for the camera, which she's thankfully toned down a bit) Sasha (crab!) or Witney (trio with Corbin/Karina) did.

And no Maks/Peta again? Not that I'm complaining. I used to LOVE Maks, but he should have stayed out after his season with Meryl.

And in sad news Val and Jenna's adorable puppy unexpectedly died last month.

BaileyCatts

So what does Keo have on the producers that they keep putting him on this show? /sarcasm off. :EVILLE:

The Juniors competition is already completed and in the can? How are they going to keep those results from getting out if they filmed in front of a studio audience? Although .... if its done and I ain't yet heard about it sooo ....... :lol:

taf2002

So what does Keo have on the producers that they keep putting him on this show? /sarcasm off. :EVILLE:

The Juniors competition is already completed and in the can? How are they going to keep those results from getting out if they filmed in front of a studio audience? Although .... if its done and I ain't yet heard about it sooo ....... :lol:

He & Gleb are my fridge break. I do give the benefit of the doubt each week & I start off watching them but a minute in I start to FF thru their dance. Of course I do the same to anyone who doesn't entertain me. (I'm so entitled.)

screech

To be fair, Keo was fairly decent when he had a good partner (Jodie Sweetin). But I agree - I'd rather have other pros than him. I hate to say it, but could there be a racial reason why he's consistently a pro, but better dancers/choreographers get overlooked?
Gleb isn't too bad. For me his dancing/choreography is okay, but he has the arrogance of a Chmerkovsky, but without the charm (though theirs has definitely gone down in the last few years). I did chuckle when in a season 25 pre-dance package, Gleb was dressed as a merman who was talking about moisture being the essence of water, a la Zoolander.

BaileyCatts

The problem I have with Keo is he is boring! There is nothing exciting about his personality, his dancing, his choreo ... he's just boring! :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn: Surly there are some personalities out there in the competitive dance world who would bring a lot more fire and spark and excitement to the show on a consistent basis than the off chance Keo ends up with a good partner. That's why I don't like him. He's just ...... boring. Gleb is kinda meh for me too. I can't even picture who Brandon is. But seriously .... there's gotta be a hot young 'Derek' or 'Mark' out burning up the dance circuit they could bring in to spice up the cast. :D

BaileyCatts

Probably. Mary Lou is only like 5 feet tall, isn't she? She has to be with one of the shorter guys. I read a crazy rumor they were trying to get Omarosa. :wideeyes: Yeah ... I can totally see Omarosa doing DWTS. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Mary Lou competed at a listed height of 4’9”. Given that people shrink a bit as they age, she might be a bit shorter now.

taf2002

I was a huge Mary Lou fan so I'm looking forward to seeing her dance. She was only 16 at her Olys so she may have grown after she retired. My mother kept growing till she was 19 so it's possible.

screech

According to the website JustJared, rumoured contestants and their partners are:
  • Bobby Bones (radio personality) with Sharna
  • Tinashe (singer) with Gleb
  • Alexis Ren (instagram model) with Alan
  • DeMarcus Ware (football player) with Lindsay
  • "Grocery Store" Joe (Bachelorette contestant) with Jenna
  • Danielle Umstead (paralympian skiier) with Artem
  • Juan Pablo di Pace (Argentinian singer/actor) with Cheryl
  • Mary Lou Retton (gymnast) with Sasha
  • Milo Manheim (Disney actor) with Witney
  • John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard) with Emma

I only know like 2 of these people (Mary Lou of course, and Juan Pablo, because I unfortunately watch Fuller House, where he's one of the least annoying characters)

bardtoob

Retton has gotten kind of dizzy with age, so I am wondering how she will come across on TV.

taf2002

I am not looking forward to this line-up. I only know of Retton.

screech

Juan Pablo di Pace can dance, which is good. He has showcased his dancing (and singing) a few times on Fuller House, once even dancing a tango with his character's daughter in front of Bruno Tonioli (who she wanted to be her new dance coach).

And even though it's not really full on dancing, he's showed he has rhythm when he performs as a singer.

So he'll be the latin guy with rhythm who's also the eye candy this season. (He's also the guy who gets with Colin Firth at the end of the first Mamma Mia movie).

love skating

Clueless American
This cast does not excite me, but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. I only know of Bobby Bones cause of American Idol last year - I had no idea who he was when he was mentoring them!

BaileyCatts

I only know Mary Lou and John Schneider, and just this year because of Idol know who Bobby Bones is (if it weren't for Idol, I'd have no clue who he was).

So there are still 2 people who have not been announced (Keo and Brandon partners). Wonder who they will be because the only names I've even seen are the ones all mentioned above. Well, I did read a rumor about Omarosa, but seriously ..... not gonna happen. :rofl: :rofl:

Rob

Beach Bum
Grocery Store Joe? Wow. I think it is funny that he's one of the only ones I know, along with Mary Lou, John Schneider, DeMarcus Ware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information