Dancing with the Stars - Season 32

Desperado

I hate week 1 eliminations although I’ve wondered in the past if some eliminations were just a contestant saying “get me out of here!” or a way to get rid of an unsavoury character (à la Sean Avery).

nickp

Barry Williams was better than I expected Peta has gotten some rough ones in recent seasons

screech

Disappointed Matt Walsh was eliminated. He (IMO) was underscored for what he did, and it's almost a bit suspicious that the one eliminated was the one that briefly left the show in solidarity with the WGA strike...

Alyson/Sasha and Harry/Rylee were the worst ones for me. I could not get past Alyson hamming it up the whole time, focusing too much on being comedic. Just didn't work. And Harry and Rylee were not great. Rylee is a great dancer but IMO is definitely not up to the quality of the other pros. To me she came across as being similar level to one of the good stars who've been on the show in the past.

Some of the stars have potential. You could tell how nervous Mira was, and she was a bit lacking on the 'performance' side, but she can dance. Xochitl was fun. Jason Mraz was fantastic. Charity was good, but I found she almost had a bit of an attitude? Ariana was good too (I like that Pasha got someone good). Barry wasn't perfect but he put a smile on my face.

I had to cringe when Jamie Lynn said her family was all about the tough love. And also when Adrian said he was doing this for his kids.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Disappointed Matt Walsh was eliminated. He (IMO) was underscored for what he did, and it's almost a bit suspicious that the one eliminated was the one that briefly left the show in solidarity with the WGA strike...
I am positive that they low-balled him to punish him for daring to leave a struck show and not be a scab.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I don’t know Harry but I really hope they don’t try a showmance. I am guessing he is a huge player and Rylee is so new and seems super young. Hopefully if producers try it she will stand up to it.

Sad Matt went, he definitely was not the worst. Jason Mraz was my favorite so far.

Glad this is back on network TV, even though I have Disney+ I could not be bothered to watch it there.

love skating

Clueless American
I agree that Matt was underscored and deserved to stay. Harry was by far the worst to me and I was surprised he wasn't in the bottom. Then I saw some "likes" on DWTS page and he got a huge number of likes so I guess the young crowd know him and like him - I have no idea who he is lol. Worried he might be the guy that sticks around way too long. Tyson sadly wasn't great either.

I hate first week eliminations - esp. ones that do not include us West Coast - will have to vote blind this season but couldn't really do that first week as I hadn't seen anyone dance yet. Anyway, I like when they at least let them do two dances before offing them!

screech

I agree that Matt was underscored and deserved to stay. Harry was by far the worst to me and I was surprised he wasn't in the bottom. Then I saw some "likes" on DWTS page and he got a huge number of likes so I guess the young crowd know him and like him - I have no idea who he is lol. Worried he might be the guy that sticks around way too long. Tyson sadly wasn't great either.
Apparently he has a huge social media following. Also, so do the Arnold sisters. And on Reddit, a lot of people are saying that even though he's a terrible dancer, they like the content he and Rylee are putting out on social media, and they like the fun partnership they built, so they'll be voting to keep them around.

If not Harry, then I definitely would have had Alyson in the bottom. Or Tyson. Mauricio shouldn't have been in the bottom either.
And apparently there's no judges' save this season.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I can't stand this kind of show that lets viewers vote before everyone has performed. Even shows that have a results show the next day let people vote before anyone performs. There's no way to vote for the best if your fav is going last - by the end all the early performers would have all the votes.

screech

This week proves why they should not have a week 1 elimination. Alyson was a completely different dancer than she was last week. Tyson was also a huge improvement. - both of them scored 6 points higher than they did last week (and I would have given Alyson 2 more. She should have had all 7s).
Xochitl and Val were amazing last night, as were Jason and Daniella. Deservedly the two with the highest scores. Pasha is continuing to do really well with Ariana (I hope he makes it to the final this year - it'd be nice to see the spouses face off in the finale). Barry continues to put a smile on my face.

taf2002

The woman who was supposed to dance with Artem is admittedly a really good dancer but her entitled & braggy personality turned me off last night (I finally watched my tape). But the replacement for Artem was really fun to watch. I don't know a lot about technique but he looked fabulous to me.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The woman who was supposed to dance with Artem is admittedly a really good dancer but her entitled & braggy personality turned me off last night (I finally watched my tape). But the replacement for Artem was really fun to watch. I don't know a lot about technique but he looked fabulous to me.
I think they seem better matched than she was with Artem.

screech

Jason got two 8s and two 9s. I'm constantly pleasantly surprised by him. I think he's my favourite.
Xochitl is such a fantastic performer when she dances. She's one of my favourites too. I wish Mira had even 20% of Xochitl's performance abilities.
Ariana kind of glossed over the reason she was in running shoes (which I'm glad was addressed as I found them distracting during the dance). Anyone know what happened? But my goodness was the dance good. I'm glad Pasha got a good partner. And originally he apparently wasn't going to be a cast member this season!
Charity and Artem are good, but I don't love Charity. But dang does Artem have success with bachelorettes!

Also, I thought that the singing last night was probably the best singing that DWTS has ever had. No incredibly cringey covers of the songs, and some (like whoever sang You Can't Hurry Love) actually somewhat resembled the original singer!

nickp

I love all the effort Barry puts into dancing even though the judges don't see it

BaileyCatts

Disney Night! I say it every time ... bets on whose gonna wear the ice blue ball gown and dance to Cinderella. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I usually pick a celeb for the ball gown but I'm gonna go on a limb and pick Daniella and Jason will be Prince Charming.

screech

Some good and some not so good dances. I think we can say that so far ballroom is not Jason's style (I thought he was overscored).
My best of the night was BY FAR Xochitl. Though still not great, I thought that was Harry's best dance, and was impressed with how much of it was in hold. I was underwhelmed by Alyson. And I am not disappointed in who went home.

taf2002

Some good and some not so good dances. I think we can say that so far ballroom is not Jason's style (I thought he was overscored).
My best of the night was BY FAR Xochitl. Though still not great, I thought that was Harry's best dance, and was impressed with how much of it was in hold. I was underwhelmed by Alyson. And I am not disappointed in who went home.
I wasn't exactly disappointed who went home but I sure wouldn't have minded if Mauricio had been the one. I get creepy vibes from him.

Sylvia

TBD
Beautiful "Moon River" waltz tribute to Len Goodman by the pros just now. :encore:
ETA: It was choreographed by Jenna & Val.

Jenna shared 5 photos from rehearsals: https://www.instagram.com/p/CyyYmVGRvAn/
Tonight is going to be a special moment for all of us sharing the stage. Never have the combined 12 couples shared the stage all at once, and the person bringing us together for this dance is our dear Len Goodman.
Val and I have felt a huge responsibility to create something that Len would smile from ear to ear watching. And yesterday while we were running around giving last minute notes and tweaks… I was stopped in my tracks at the thought of Len watching his ballroom family from the heavenly skies dance a waltz in his honor… and all the stress went away.
This is for you, Len. We love you. And we miss you 🤍

Last edited:

screech

Beautiful waltz. What really got to me though was Bruno's reaction. He was really struggling.
It almost surprised me that it was choreographed by Jenna and Val, since I didn't even notice them in the dance (with the Houghs front and centre kind of). So nice to see a true, classic, beautiful dance in honour of Len.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
The tribute to Len was excellent.

I want a Dark Willow program for the Halloween episode, very relieved Alyson made it through last nights elimination. Now I just hope they actually do Dark Willow, huge missed opportunity if not.

Desperado

Really enjoyed Alyson’s dance and as a Buffy fan, it was nice to see that her and her husband Alexis appear to be still happy together.

The waltz was lovely, but I wish there would’ve been a longer tribute to Len. When I heard his voice say “every good thing must come to an end” I bawled. 😭 😭 😭

screech

Yet again, Harry sticks around. I'm not sure if it's true, but I read a rumour on Reddit that apparently he is sending nudes to people on OnlyFans, if they provide proof they voted for him, so...
But I also feel kind of bad for him - his puppy died this week. Apparently the dog fell off the couch and landed on its back, and despite the vets doing everything possible to save it, the puppy died.

I hope Xochitl wasn't actually hurt (and if so, not hurt badly) in her first dance. Something definitely happened, but I'm impressed she managed to rally to win the marathon.

taf2002

I was really glad about the elimination. I find that guy really creepy (Maurizio?). I guess he can't help how he looks but I don't enjoy him. And I'm glad Harry survived because he's really trying. His height may be part of why he gets bad scores because 6'4" never looks smooth or graceful next to a much shorter partner.

jkl

🤷‍♂️the wrong person went home but what else is new? I did give Ariana a few votes when I heard her say “It’s so cute when young people don’t think they will ever get old”!

screech

Lele shouldn't have been sent home, however I don't think she was going to last much longer anyways. It definitely wasn't going to be Barry who is getting tons of votes (and you could even hear the audience cheering his name when it was down to the last 3).
I'm not a Harry fan but I have to say he killed it in the group dance. He had a lot of choreography (even outside the music video dancing) and he did it relatively okay. And then when it got to the Gangnam Style dance... the energy he had, and his ability to actually do the movements while front and centre - he crushed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information