DWTS Season 27

Jay42

Between the click of the light
How many days (weeks?) before the finale was Sharna told this? I'm curious how good an actress she is to have to looked so shocked/surprised when she won. :D
She was told after the win. I highly doubt they would have told her beforehand.

screech

If that's the case, it's completely ridiculous. Nobody should be able to win/get eliminated based solely on scores or on votes - it needs to be a reliable combo of the two.

If this isn't a sign that something in the calculations needs to change, then I don't know what is

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
If that's the case, it's completely ridiculous. Nobody should be able to win/get eliminated based solely on scores or on votes - it needs to be a reliable combo of the two.

If this isn't a sign that something in the calculations needs to change, then I don't know what is

I don't understand why you think it's ridiculous. In all of this type show the winner is the one whose fans vote their fingers off or call in the most. I agree something needs to change but under the current rules Bobby's win was fair. Those of us who watch singing or dancing shows know the system is flawed. It's the reason why every season there's a Sanjaya or Grocery Joe who stays around a lot longer than they should. It's why Taylor Hicks won American Idol. Complaining about results won't change anything.

PeterG

You don't think the person who receives the most votes should win? Let us not talk about the 2016 Presidential election... ;)

But as to your real point about the combination of the judges scores and the audience vote...I assumed the judges basically gave pretty much everyone 10's by the end of the season, it was the producers way of letting the public have the power. The viewers are the ones who the advertisers care about, not three judges.

Last edited:

screech

I don't understand why you think it's ridiculous. In all of this type show the winner is the one whose fans vote their fingers off or call in the most. I agree something needs to change but under the current rules Bobby's win was fair. Those of us who watch singing or dancing shows know the system is flawed. It's the reason why every season there's a Sanjaya or Grocery Joe who stays around a lot longer than they should. It's why Taylor Hicks won American Idol. Complaining about results won't change anything.
But shows like American Idol are based solely on votes. This one has a judges result that is also supposed to affect the result. As we've repeatedly seen, someone who gets outstanding scores doesn't win based on that. Someone who gets poor scores shouldn't win based solely on votes. If the show claims to be a combination of both, that should be reflected in the results.
Yes, Bobby won fairly based on the scoring algorithm, but like I said, it shouldn't be JUST one or the other that decides the result, if they're claiming that it's a combination of both.

screech

Anyway, for tonight's juniors, there were some good dances. Miles was FANTASTIC at his jive. And I enjoyed Sky's Charleston (though she didn't have quite enough Charleston content for me). And once again she was so adorable she made both Jordan and Alan almost die with her cuteness.
Mandla was the eliminated dancer tonight.
Next week is the semifinals...

screech

Anyone watch tonight's juniors? The right teams are still competing (compared to the adult version...)

Sky still absolutely kills me with her post-performance comments each week. I'm pretty sure my facial expressions mimic Jordan and Alan each time with how adorable she is. And she and JT definitely have the best partnership of all the teams.

And holy crap was the duo dance with Miles and MacKenzie AMAZING! Most personality she's shown all season. Have to give Miles HUGE credit for learning his dances by video (due to Black-ish filming), and then getting to practice for the very first time at dress rehearsals, then to come out and get 9s and 10s. That kid is a freaking star. And he complains about the insane schedule a hell of a lot less than adults would (and have).

Loved when their kids jumped and screamed after getting paired together that Alan and Brandon were jumping into each other's arms screaming too. (Alan and Brandon's bromance is way better than Alan and Alexis' showmance)

No team was eliminated this week. All four teams are in the finale (Team Alan: Sky and JT, Team Brandon: Ariana and Aryton, Team Lindsay: Miles and Rylee, Team Gleb: MacKenzie and Sage). My personal preference to win would be Sky and JT or Miles and Rylee.

Sylvia

TBD
Sky still absolutely kills me with her post-performance comments each week. I'm pretty sure my facial expressions mimic Jordan and Alan each time with how adorable she is. And she and JT definitely have the best partnership of all the teams.
I think Sky is an absolute sweetheart and hope she & JT win tonight! :)

screech

So tonight was the finale of juniors. There were two rounds - one repeat dance where their mentor danced with them, and one Christmas themed freestyle.

IMO Miles was the best dancer tonight, but nobody can fight the adorableness of Sky, and her brilliant partnership with Alan and JT. Sky and JT had the highest scores of the night, and were announced as the winners (they didn't announce 2nd, 3rd and 4th, though I'm sure it'll come out). Alan was adorably bawling.

I ended up enjoying juniors a hell of a lot more than I thought I would, and I hope it gets picked up for another season (though with Adam replaced as a judge).

love skating

Clueless American
I'm happy for Sky, but I thought they were overmarked in the finale. All the finalists were great though. I too enjoyed the juniors show a lot. I kinda wish there was an audience vote (tv audience) but then again I remember what happened in the regular DWTS this year and think well maybe not.

screech

I'm happy for Sky, but I thought they were overmarked in the finale. All the finalists were great though. I too enjoyed the juniors show a lot. I kinda wish there was an audience vote (tv audience) but then again I remember what happened in the regular DWTS this year and think well maybe not.
I think Sky would have won the viewer vote, because of her regular life coach comments after each dance. I'd have given it to Miles, but Sky was close behind as my favourite.

Also, apparently Miles was on America's Got Talent when he was the cutest 5 year old ever, as part of a hip hop dance duo. They made the semifinals.

Moto Guzzi

The four finalists were all so good. Miles and Sky were my favorites and I was happy Sky won because she was so adorable but I would have been happy if Miles had won instead.

I thought it was interesting that MacKenzie was an amateur even though she was on Dance Moms for years while Elliana was a pro. Elliana was on Dance Moms as one of the minis and became an elite when they got rid of the minis. She was on the show maybe two years at the end.

screech

I thought it was interesting that MacKenzie was an amateur even though she was on Dance Moms for years while Elliana was a pro. Elliana was on Dance Moms as one of the minis and became an elite when they got rid of the minis. She was on the show maybe two years at the end.
I think Mackenzie was one of the 'stars' since she could promote her 'singing' career, and also bring in viewers. Apparently her rabid fans have been saying some horrible things online since Sky won.
I don't really think it's right that she was a competitor on the show. Yes, I know Miles has experience too, but IMO he's known more as an actor than a dancer. Also, Mackenzie is the same age that Willow Shields was when she was on the adult version.
I think that's one complaint I have about juniors - it doesn't seem physically right to have 9 year olds competing against 14 year olds.
In any case, the right 4 teams were in the finale, and really any one of them could have won and people would be absolutely okay with it. One of the reasons a lot of people liked juniors more than the adult version this year.

BaileyCatts

Since celebrities are usually booked out pretty far in advance for their time, maybe this will be a long enough break to book up some people they typically couldn't get on shorter notice.

screech

The tour is running longer than usual this year, not ending until the second week of March. By that time the pros have already started working with their stars, so it's not feasible for a spring season, unless they were to do a shorter one (a la season 26).
If there were to be a junior season, it probably wouldn't happen until fall again, since it filmed in the summer (to fit around things like school for the kids). I hope it gets picked up again. I genuinely enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information