DWTS Season 27

screech

That was hilarious! For doing a jive for the first dance, with no experience, that was actually better than I expected. Though way too much of the :eek: facial expression the whole time lol. Love his enthusiasm!!!

screech

Though it was great, I was a bit disappointed with Juan Pablo's dance. I think Cheryl could have given him a lot more to do, because he's got such good rhythm, but instead she basically just danced around him.

Karina1974

They must not have been able to get a '69 Charger. got the numbers wrong, too. It's 01, not 10.

screech

I know, no way he should have the same score as Evanna!! Potterheads better come out and vote!

So far my favourite is Juan Pablo, then Evanna, then Alexis

One of my favourite things about Evanna is that just a couple of years ago she revived her role of Luna Lovegood in a Starkid sequel to the Very Potter Musical shows (a parody originated by Darren Criss and his Starkid production company when he was a student).

screech

Tinashe has potential, but she doesn't really perform. I hope Brandon does well, though. Would NOT have had that ahead of Juan Pablo and Cheryl, though.

quartz

scratching at the light
Well. I only caught the last 3 contestants, and altho I only watch this show sporadically, it seems that I am always quite impressed with the football players, even tho I don’t have a clue who they are. But Lindsay needs to stop the screaming, now.

screech

I always find the football players are overly praised based.

Still, Juan Pablo was my favourite. I hope he gets a bit more choreography next time.

And tomorrow will be interesting - they're all doing the same style as tonight, but with new choreography and new songs. The dances are:
Alexis & Alan – Jive (song: “Shake the Room” by Gamu)
Bobby & Sharna – Jive (song: “Gimme Some Lovin’” by The Spencer Davis Group) Ummm, Sharna danced to that exact same song, for a jive as well, with James Hinchcliffe and Jenna. Fully expecting some recycled choreography.
Danelle & Artem – Foxtrot (song: “Strong Ones” by Armin van Buuren feat. Cimo Frankel)
DeMarcus & Lindsay – Cha-Cha (song: “I Like it Like That” by The Blackout Allstars)
Evanna & Keo – Foxtrot (song: “Rewrite the Stars” by Zac Efron & Zendaya)
Joe & Jenna – Quickstep (song: “Check it Out” by Oh the Larceny)
John & Emma – Foxtrot (song: “Orange Colored Sky” by Nat King Cole)
Juan Pablo & Cheryl – Salsa (song: “Tu Sonrisa” by Elvis Crespo)
Mary Lou & Sasha – Cha-Cha (song: “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer)
Milo & Witney – Cha Cha (song: “Good Feeling” by Austin French)
Nancy & Val – Quickstep (song: “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves)
Nikki & Gleb – Salsa (“Tres Deseos” by Gloria Estefan)
Tinashe & Brandon – Jive (“Yes” by Merry Clayton)

It'll be interesting for someone like Evanna, who was flat out told today that the style of dance was wrong for her. But she has to do it again?

Last edited:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Once again I start a season not knowing most of the stars & end up liking them all. I don't know who I liked the best. It was a good show but I hated that Mary Lou had to go 1st. I thought she deserved better choreography & was surprised that Sasha didn't do a better job.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Tuning in for night 2. So we get treated to the 6 worst couples dancing again? K.

oh I hope Nancy isn't eliminated and Lisa welchel comes to the show

DWTS junior looks as obnoxious as it sounds

OMG literally this whole post. I was just thinking earlier before the show started that I hope they get Lisa Welchel on an upcoming season. She was such a bright light on Survivor.

And I totally expect DWTS juniors to get like 0.4 million viewers. There is literally nothing appealing about it to me, it’s going to be overloaded with fluff and positive comments.

Debbie S

And I totally expect DWTS juniors to get like 0.4 million viewers. There is literally nothing appealing about it to me, it’s going to be overloaded with fluff and positive comments.
Given that it will be aired on Sunday evenings (aka family night), I suspect the audience will be pretty good. This is the same night that gave us America's Favorite Home Videos, or whatever that show was called.

screech

I'm not able to see tonight (CityTV in Canada isn't airing it tonight, so I can't get a stream), but in reading recaps, I'm seeing a bit more enthusiasm for juniors than I expected, basically saying it's a cuteness overload. And that the junior pros are completely amazing. It'll be interesting to see how Adam is as a judge (and how he'll deal with his sarcastic sense of humor for the kids. I get it - I'm naturally sarcastic too!). And Jordan is so 'practiced' but it will be fun to see Frankie doing interviews (I picture Jordan as Tom and Frankie as Erin).

On to the grown-ups. I'm happy Evanna was safe, though I still wonder whether the judges were watching the same dance I was last night. Hopefully I'll be able to catch clips tomorrow.

Scrufflet

Tuning in for night 2. So we get treated to the 6 worst couples dancing again? K.

OMG literally this whole post. I was just thinking earlier before the show started that I hope they get Lisa Welchel on an upcoming season. She was such a bright light on Survivor.

And nobody has even mentioned yet that Honey Boo Boo is on it! Or a Palin kid! GAG!

BaileyCatts

I think that Keo should have been paired with Gleb's partner and Gleb should have been paired with Keo's partner. I think they would have paired up better as couples. Gleb's partner looks too tall for him and Keo's too short for him. But I guess it don't matter now. :p

Don't really have a favorite yet but I'm betting Football Guy and Purple Grape Guy will be part of the Top 4. :lol: And how was that Grocery Store Joe guy not in the bottom group! Yeah, he can go next.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I FF'd thru the kids dancing & that horrible singing from one of them. I was sorry that Nikki was eliminated, not that she danced all that well but I found her entertaining. I would much rather Nancy had gone but since she's with Val she will last longer than she should. And @screech just for you: the judges admitted last night that Evanna should not have been in the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information