DWTS Season 27

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I thought the Tuesday show was strictly for results not twitter voting. I think they should eliminate the bottom person from judges' scores & votes instead of letting 1/2 the country vote again & maybe change the results.

A.H.Black

screech

I just got to watch last night's episode, so I'm posting all my rambling thoughts here...

DWTS Juniors - did we really need That many performances? The show could have been 30 minutes shorter. And was it a requirement for the female junior pros to be blonde? Such good poise, though from all the kids. I do find it weird that we're seeing 9 year olds against 13/14 year olds, including one (Mackenzie Ziegler) who's actual profession is a dancer. I think I'm already cheering for Ariana and Artyon (and Brandon) - really any of the younger ones over the older ones. And LOL at Tom trying to get Avengers spoilers from Ariana.

Some good things:
- Liked that Val wasn't the male focus in the opening group number for once (Gleb instead)
- Speaking of Val, he seems more laid back this season, and more positive in general. His support for Nancy after the Monday night scores was great.
- Chuckled at Nikki's unintentional dirty comment (about rough sets/sex). Loved her positive attitude and kind of wish she would have stayed longer
- Milo is adorable and so well spoken! Though I think that comes from being a Disney kid (see Chelsea, Corbin and Jordan)
- Sasha counting on his fingers, knowing they were in jeopardy was cute, as was Jenna's reaction to being safe

Some bad things:
- Grocery Store Joe's attitude, both after the scores Monday night, and when Erin was trying to pump him up. I'm ready for him to go. PLEASE don't let the Bachelor fans keep him around for weeks and weeks.
- The kind of awkward TMI about John's family issues
- Something about Alexis' legs (gorgeous as they are) still bugs me when she dances. I thought she danced worse than Monday
- Didn't love Nancy's dress. Or dance. It seemed clumsy to me
- I didn't love that only 5 couples danced. They got to receive more face time, more feedback, as well as more praise from the judges, which can sway votes. Kind of a bit unfair between the two groups in that respect

bardtoob

I didn't know Mary Lou Hamill would be on.

I jumped right on YouTube to checkout Dorothy Retton's routines!

(I jest, of course, but I have seen similar comments on the web :D)

screech

So I was reading some 'insider info' on week 2, regarding the Tuesday night show next week. I guess people have been wondering whether it will be the bottom half dancing again just like this week, and apparently the 'source' is about 90% sure that everyone is dancing, because some of the musical guests on Tuesday are actually going to be performing in the couples dances, and therefore they aren't just filling time with performances. Musical guests will include Boyz II Men (Wanya!!!), Donny Osmond, and Blue Man Group

It also seems that the votes from this week won't carry over to next week (kind of like in the good ol' days when it was dance Monday, elimination Tuesday, new week). The 'source' seems sure that everyone is dancing one style on Monday night for scores and votes, and then everyone dancing another style on Tuesday for judges points and possibly viewer votes (unconfirmed). Then 2 couples eliminated Tuesday based on Monday night (and possibly Tuesday's votes, if happening)

I personally like it better this way. You get eliminated/saved for the dances you just did, not ones the week before. Much better than times like when Jodie Sweetin was eliminated right after getting a perfect score.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
It seemed like everyone under 25 and everyone Ive never heard of was safe. lol

Everyone I have heard of or over 45 were in jeopardy.

Susan1

So, I haven't even gotten around to watching Tuesday's show yet. Do I need to?

Scrufflet

Only if you're really bored and have other things to do while you're half-watching. As a few have mentioned, it was far too much an ad for DWTS Juniors.

screech

Not really. None of the second dances were really anything spectacular, and nothing really noteworthy happened. Here's a kind of 'play by play' recap of the show. It's also the site I'll pop by if I want to know any 'insider' info.

I'm actually surprised that site hasn't yet posted the week 2 dance info

Susan1

Not really. None of the second dances were really anything spectacular, and nothing really noteworthy happened. Here's a kind of 'play by play' recap of the show. It's also the site I'll pop by if I want to know any 'insider' info.

I'm actually surprised that site hasn't yet posted the week 2 dance info
So nobody was eliminated? When they've had the Tuesday elimination shows, I've just DVR'd it and then watched the end - skipping all the filler. They'll probably spend the first half of Monday night recapping this Tuesday's dances anyway.

PeterG

Is that Robert from So You Think You Can Dance in the troupe?

Yes. I could tell by the smoke steaming out the back of my television.

Was the camera guy deliberately trying to hide something by panning upward or just a live shot screw up?

Probably just a camera person dying of a heart attack. Nothing much to affect the results of the team performing, thankfully.

I hate positive comments

I find your inability to use punctuation both refreshing and lacking pretense.

screech

So nobody was eliminated? When they've had the Tuesday elimination shows, I've just DVR'd it and then watched the end - skipping all the filler. They'll probably spend the first half of Monday night recapping this Tuesday's dances anyway.
Oh, I thought it was mentioned earlier in the thread. There was an elimination at the end. Here's the youtube clip of the elimination. Saves you 1 hour 58 minutes of your life.

screech

Dances and dancing orders for both nights next week.
One thing that kind of bugs me is that people always do the Sinatra version of Theme From New York, New York, but it was written for and originally done (IMO superiorly) by Liza Minnelli!! I wish more people would use her version for whatever it's being used for.

And some kind of interesting choices. I wouldn't have immediately thought Argentine Tango for Swan Lake (also, what does Swan Lake really have to do with New York? Is it just because there's a ballet there?) I also don't picture a quickstep when I hear Luck Be A Lady.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Dances and dancing orders for both nights next week.
One thing that kind of bugs me is that people always do the Sinatra version of Theme From New York, New York, but it was written for and originally done (IMO superiorly) by Liza Minnelli!! I wish more people would use her version for whatever it's being used for.

And some kind of interesting choices. I wouldn't have immediately thought Argentine Tango for Swan Lake (also, what does Swan Lake really have to do with New York? Is it just because there's a ballet there?) I also don't picture a quickstep when I hear Luck Be A Lady.

Did you just start watching DWTS? They have always had terrible music choices IMO re matching the music to the type of dance. And don't get me started on the live singing. :scream:

Susan1

Oh, I thought it was mentioned earlier in the thread. There was an elimination at the end. Here's the youtube clip of the elimination. Saves you 1 hour 58 minutes of your life.
I already deleted it. I must have read through the comments too fast because they were all about the kids. I'm sure they will show it at the beginning on Monday's show. And Tuesday is another 2 hour show. Geez. I need to DVR all of them so I can FF through the junk. I didn't even see the football player Monday. They must have had a short commercial and he danced while I was "out of the room".

screech

I already deleted it. I must have read through the comments too fast because they were all about the kids. I'm sure they will show it at the beginning on Monday's show. And Tuesday is another 2 hour show. Geez. I need to DVR all of them so I can FF through the junk. I didn't even see the football player Monday. They must have had a short commercial and he danced while I was "out of the room".
Tuesday apparently all dancers are dancing, and it's a different dance this time. This week Tuesday might actually be worth it (since it's not just a promo for their new show.)

screech

Good dance from Demarcus. He's clearly having fun, though I found him a bit 'steppy' at times (if that makes sense)

screech

The sets are good so far tonight, surprisingly.

I adore Milo. He's hilarious. I wish he'd had Lindsay instead of Whitney, though (I don't think Whitney is the greatest of the choreographers).

I haven't loved any of the dances tonight, though. They've been good, but something has always been missing for me, whether it's the music not matching the style, the wardrobe, or the actual dancing.

screech

I love that Cheryl and Juan Pablo were in hold for their whole Quickstep. I miss the days when the judges used to demand that (now the couples always break apart in the middle of the dance), but yeah, he looked like he was trying to take flight with how flappy his arms were at times.

I can't wait until the actual Argentinian does the Argentine tango.

ross_hy

I liked the concept of the Swan Lake Argentine tango, but something was lacking in he execution, especially the music. Why turn a masterpiece into cheap sounding Muzak?

nubka

I liked the concept of the Swan Lake Argentine tango, but something was lacking in he execution, especially the music. Why turn a masterpiece into cheap sounding Muzak?

Something was missing in her execution. Not enough fluidity in her upper body (especially arms,) to pull off a successful classical ballet look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information