DWTS Season 27

screech

DWTS Juniors time.
Looks like they're switching who gets the 'head judge' seat, since Mandy's there this week.
Jordan's outfit is... something. Loving Adam's shirt, though.

Also, the celebrity in team Emma is hilarious! I love his personality. Like when Mandy asked him if he knew what 'poise' meant, and he said he did, but could she please explain it to make sure that she knows.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Akash is adorable! And so is his partner. I hope he stays until the end.

How many weeks is this 'season'?

screech

Akash is adorable.
I love Ariana and Artyon. They IMO had the best dance of the night (her kicks and flicks!!) Apparently his work on DWTS Juniors is the reason Brandon was promoted to pro for DWTS this season, and I can kind of see why.

Adam is still pretty useless as a judge, but not quite so bad as last week. I actually think if they wanted him on the show, he and Jordan could have switched roles (though Jordan is doing a good job as host). Wish we were getting more of Frankie though. Barely onscreen at all tonight.

RoseRed

It's kind of funny to see posts about the juniors in a thread titled DWTS season 27. Shouldn't they be in a separate thread?
People posted about Bachelor in Paradise in the Bachelorette thread. I don't think it's a big deal.

screech

So first few dances:
Did not love Juan Pablo. He didn't do much at all in that dance. Melissa still looks fantastic
I enjoyed Tinashe/Brandon/Amy. But this is IIRC her first dance of the season that requires being in hold, and she spent less than half of the dance actually in hold. She needs a waltz or something.

Reactions: Rob

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
I remember Mary lou on live tv saying she didnt think Nastia was the true winner of Nats all around, #bygones

screech

Loved Whitney/Milo/Riker. Didn't love Riker on his season but he and Milo were so perfectly matched here, and that was jam packed! Silly Len ruining the perfect score.

screech

Oh that was so bad. So so so very bad.
But that pre-dance package was the first time Joe has been likeable IMO.

screech

WOW. HUGE UPSET! How the hell were Evanna and Tinashe in the bottom, yet somehow Joe has never been in the bottom two? Seriously, WTF Bachelor fans?
Tinashe should have been a finalist.

Joe seriously needs to be eliminated soon.
ETA: I read the comments on PureDWTS, and someone who is a member of Bachelor forums says that everyone on the forums are done voting for Joe.
God willing they stick with that!

Last edited:

RoseRed

WOW. HUGE UPSET! How the hell were Evanna and Tinashe in the bottom, yet somehow Joe has never been in the bottom two? Seriously, WTF Bachelor fans?
Tinashe should have been a finalist.

Joe seriously needs to be eliminated soon.
The guy was on one night of the Bachelorette and people fell in love with him so much that he was discussed as a potential bachelor. So yeah. Nick Viall was eliminated 6th on his season and he wasn't as popular with bachelor fans as Joe - though perhaps better known - and I don't know what segments are voting. Was he a better dancer than Joe?

Scrufflet

!!!!! Didn't see that coming! Please, Joe go next, then John who probably has enough money now to pay off child support. 4 women in a row! Mind you, I've found the females a little underwhelming this season. Guys are much more interesting.

Rob

Beach Bum
OMG Joe, Jordan were so bad, that was so demented. Joe must go - there are decent dancers going home instead of this craziness. And what was going on behind with Gleb and Val, especially Gleb. Chippendale's city. Bruno was pretty hilarious in his comments. He's usually over the top, but this was so over the top that he was spot on.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I don't understand the bottom 2. Esp Evanna who I find adorable. Maybe it's that their pros don't have as much of a following, Brandon being new & Keo not being the best partner up to now. He is being much better this year but that might not help his numbers this year.

screech

I was reading some comments on Reddit and PureDWTS that a lot of people are watching just for Joe, and if he's gone, they'll stop watching.
Also, people are voting for him because he has zero performing (not just dancing, but performing) experience, so they want him to have a chance to improve.

The next three to go should be (IMO) Joe, then, in any order, John and Bobby, although those two have been showing some improvement.
And all of the eliminated people so far have been women! There are just 3 women left in the competition.

Also, I've read some comments saying that the scoring needs to be changed. That it should no longer be 50% judges/50% votes. Maybe change to 70/30 or something like that. But if Joe, who was ELEVEN points behind the person eliminated (9 behind the other one in jeopardy), wasn't even in the bottom two, there's definitely something wrong with the system.

voting is hard for Americans
Yep! And Canadians can't vote this year.

Debbie S

I don't understand the bottom 2.
As Tom says in his weekly disclaimer, Evanna might not have been in the bottom 2. (The producers might have just chosen her for maximum drama.)

I'm not finding this season terribly interesting. Mary Lou, who I idolized after she won the OGM, is coming across as kind of irritating. But I did like the trio with Nastia (I still think Nastia and Derek wuzrobbed in their season.)

I'm finding DWTS Juniors to be more enjoyable than regular DWTS this season.

Susan1

Mary Lou, who I idolized after she won the OGM, is coming across as kind of irritating.
If she says "I'm 50" one more time, I will scream. She was a highly trained athlete. She can still do the acrobatic tricks. What is 50 an excuse for? The 25 year olds sweat and get worn out too. And get injured.

annie720

I'm not finding this season terribly interesting. Mary Lou, who I idolized after she won the OGM, is coming across as kind of irritating. But I did like the trio with Nastia (I still think Nastia and Derek wuzrobbed in their season.)

I also enjoyed the Mary Lous/Nastia/Sasha trio last night even though Mary Lou is leaving me cold this season. As far Nastia and Derek's season, I think Nastia showed 10 times the personality last night as she did during her season. From what I remember, a lot of viewers had a hard time warming up to her.

screech

I also enjoyed the Mary Lous/Nastia/Sasha trio last night even though Mary Lou is leaving me cold this season. As far Nastia and Derek's season, I think Nastia showed 10 times the personality last night as she did during her season. From what I remember, a lot of viewers had a hard time warming up to her.
She did come across a bit icy in her season.
I think their team had the biggest advantage last night, since IIRC they were the only team where the trio partner also had experience with the pro, since, as Nastia mentioned, she was paired with Sasha for a few weeks. One of which included (IMO) her best and most memorable dance (which also happened to be a Charleston)

Did anyone notice Maddie Ziegler seemed to have attended the Jenna/Sharna school of mugging for the camera last night? Ugh!

annie720

Did anyone notice Maddie Ziegler seemed to have attended the Jenna/Sharna school of mugging for the camera last night? Ugh!

Doesn't surprise me, but then I despise anything related to Dance Moms. Btw has Maddie removed all references to that show from her resume? It certainly wasn't mentioned last night.

Last edited:

BaileyCatts

Well at least I have my answer as to who the hell is voting for Joe from reading this thread.

I wonder if Brandon being a new Pro might have had something to do with voting, because who your Pro is always has a sway with votes. He likely doesn't have a strong fan base built up yet since we don't really know him.

If they are going to do Trio dances, skip the gimmick of bringing in outside people and just make it be they pick another Pro from the Troupe or someone already eliminated. :p

screech

If they are going to do Trio dances, skip the gimmick of bringing in outside people and just make it be they pick another Pro from the Troupe or someone already eliminated. :p
I also liked when in Jordan/Frankie's season they brought in ONLY stars from previous seasons, and all of the stars brought in were previous winners (Kelly, Kristi, Alfonso, Laurie, Rashad) or finalists (Corbin), and it was the quarterfinals, so only the ones who could kind of handle it were left. Jordan/Lindsay/Corbin were spectacular! (someone has totally messed with the wikipedia for that season, changing Frankie's name to 'Keagon' in spots, and Drew Scott t' Jaydon'. WTF?)

I wonder why they haven't done the 'switch up' the last few seasons. I didn't mind that gimmick.

Anyway, for this season, of the stars left Juan Pablo and Milo are tied with the highest points average (25.6). Tinashe had the same average. Behind them is Alexis with 24, Demarcus 23.6, Evanna 23.4, Mary Lou 22.6, John 20.6, Bobby 20.4, and Joe with a VERY distant 16.4. Like seriously - how the hell is that guy even in the game (no matter how nice he might have been on the Bachelor shows, which doesn't come across on DWTS!)

Last edited:

Scrufflet

AAAHHHHH!!!! You get to stay on this show just because you have a set of dimples? Puleese, dump Joe! I am going back to watch Milo's trio dance. Now that was fabulous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information