DWTS Season 27

screech

How the hell is Joe still on this show, and has never even been in the bottom 2! Seriously, he needs to go!!! Alexis and Alan should be Top 4 in the Finals!
My pick for top 4 Milo (who I want to win), Juan Pablo, Alexis, Evanna.

But also, just because Joe's name has never been said 'in jeopardy' doesn't mean he's not the bottom two. The first few seasons they always said 'bottom two' but lately it's just been 'in jeopardy'. That way the producers can also manipulate it a bit. There's a chance that Alexis isn't getting many votes, but they know she's a great dancer, so by putting her 'in jeopardy', they are kind of manipulating people to vote for her.
Conversely, if they said that Joe is in jeopardy, that will likely increase the votes for him. By not putting him there, people may think that he's safe, and give their votes to someone else. He's also been getting shitty scores, which makes (some) people want to vote to make up for it. This week he got good scores, so maybe good scores + not in jeopardy means people won't think he needs the votes?

In any case, next week includes the team dances. Normally the two dancers with the highest point totals (this year Juan Pablo followed very closely by Milo, only 2 cumulative points behind) are the team captains. But this year the team captains are the lowest scorers: Joe and Bobby (who is only lower than john by 1 cumulative point). The teams are:

"Team Joe Down" (since it's country music night)
Juan and Cheryl
DeMarcus and Lindsay
Alexis and Alan
Joe and Jenna

"Team Bobby Bones"
Milo and Witney
Evanna and Keo
Bobby and Sharna
John and Emma

Three of Joe's team members are strong, but then there's Joe. They do have Lindsay, though, who is IMO the best female choreographer. Team Bobby has 2 of the weak dancers, but the weak links are a lot stronger than Joe. So not quite sure who to put my money on here.

screech

Also, just because: My favourite dances from the junior Halloween night: Mies and Rylee's Samba (holy content! Only negative is that her dress pulls focus), and Sky and JT's jive (not because it's brilliant, but it's so fun and she's adorable. And she was crying during rehearsals because she was struggling then came out and killed it.)

And here's the video of Rashad interviewing Tom and Erin. Wish it was longer! Where can I get their one day a week work schedule (IIRC, he makes about $150k per episode). And love his answer for which pro(s) he'd want to defend him in a dark alley.

screech

Overall good dancing! Didn't agree with some of the higher scores, but I loved the first team dance. And for both team dances, Evanna and Alexis blended in with the female pros so well.

IMO Bobby has improved a lot. Joe has gotten a bit better too, and he no longer seems like he despises being there.

To me, Demarcus was the standout of the night tonight, and I thought he was shafted a bit in his scores. Loved Keo running down to kiss Len when he gave them a 10. And Bobby kissing Bruno and Len for giving him 8s.

Bottom three - not surprised to see John there, but was surprised to see Demarcus and Evanna. Don't football players usually rake in the votes? But of those 3, the correct person (Evanna) was saved.

Farewell John and Demarcus. PLEASE let next week get rid of Joe.

Also, how is next week the semifinals when we have 6 teams left? I'd heard a rumour there would be 5 teams in the finals, with a double elimination on night one, but that just seems weird.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
For some reason DWTS didn't tape last night. :mad: I didn't notice because I always watch The Voice first. Tomorrow we're changing Direct TV for uVerse. We've been having trouble with it for a while now but missing one of my favorite shows is the last straw. I just wish we had done it sooner.

I'm not going to miss John Schnider but DeMarcus & Lindsey were one of my favorites. But thank God Evanna wasn't eliminated. She & Alexis are my favorite females & DeMarcus & Milo were my favorite men. Usually at this stage I don't have 3 of my favorites left so I can't complain.

screech

I said on another board that maybe Bachelor Nation is voting so hard because people keep criticizing Joe... maybe we need to use reverse psychology and start saying MIRRORBALL FOR JOE!! lol To be honest, he has made improvements. Bobby too, though those two should go next (in that order).

The Alexis/Alan thing is cringeworthy. I feel like she comes off as a very genuine person, so I don't doubt feelings are blossoming there for her. I don't know how sincere Alan is, but I'm about 70% sure that they actually do have feelings for each other. I do hate that they're putting it on camera though (either on their own, or through producer manipulation). This is even more uncomfortable than when the producers made it seem like Meryl and Maks were a thing.

Milo is still my favourite. I think he and Juan Pablo are the best dancers left, but that Cheryl is doing JP no favours. The guy can dance, but she relies too much on the troupe, and often dances around him. Or last night when they did a portion of their dance on the back of a truck, with their feet blocked from view of the judges by the truck.

Another thing about JP, is that I feel like he's hit or miss with the viewers. He comes across as either very phoney, OR overly sincere (I think it's the latter) which is turning people off of him, or making him seem 'smarmy'.

love skating

Clueless American
Maybe Alan and Alexis are trying to get some of that Bachelor vote that Joe's got going on! I agree that the showmance stuff makes me cringe too though. I kept thinking that Alexis makes me think of someone and I finally figured out that it's Alyssa Czisny she makes me think of - anyone else think so?

Anyway - very sad DeMarcus went home. He was one of my faves.

BaileyCatts

OMG. The boots last night SHOULD have been Joe and either Bobby/John (so at least that one was right). At this rate, Joe is gonna end up in the Finals!! Good lord. :cautious:

screech

I won't be surprised if Joe is in the finals.
About a decade ago I was living overseas and caught just the last couple of episodes of that country's DWTS. In those couple of episodes, it was clear to me who the best dancer was, but instead the winner was a guy who makes pre-lessons Willard in Footloose look like Derek Hough - actually, he'd make Joe look decent. (Fun fact: Chris Penn couldn't dance and had to be taught in terms of wrestling. His lack of skill was the whole reason the Willard learning to dance scene was added to the movie.)

I have no idea why Joe is so popular, since I don't watch the Bachelor shows, and he's shown little personality on DWTS, but for some reason he has fans. And DWTS is very clearly a popularity show.

taf2002

I found out why I didn't get DWTS on Monday night. Something (probably political) pre-empted it & they showed it at 1:00AM. My DVR recorded it but I haven't watched it yet. I'm not fond of country music so maybe I won't. I need input. Is it worth watching?

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I found out why I didn't get DWTS on Monday night. Something (probably political) pre-empted it & they showed it at 1:00AM. My DVR recorded it but I haven't watched it yet. I'm not fond of country music so maybe I won't. I need input. Is it worth watching?

It was overall a pretty entertaining night, IMO. Lots of good individual dances, but the best dance of the night (IMO) was the group dance with Bobby/Ivanna/Milo/John.

taf2002

Thanks, but I ended up not getting to watch it. We changed from Direct TV to uVerse TV yesterday so we lost all our recorded shows. It's going to be a pain setting them all back up. But naturally I've already got DWTS set up.

screech

Well if you want to pick and choose, just type DWTS into the search on Youtube and most of the dances from this week show up right at the top.
The best of the night though was, IMO, "Team Hay Now" (Bobby, Evanna, Milo, John) dancing to "9 to 5."

screech

After the last couple of weeks on juniors, tonight's show was a bit blah to me. Don't quite agree with the one going home (should have been Akash for sure), and none of the dances are going to stay in my head at all. The first 10 was given tonight too. And apparently on DWTS Juniors, 'jazz' means 'hip hop'
Team Emma: Jason and Elliana. That kid has so much personality, which is probably why they had him on the regular DWTS Disney week this year

Rob

Beach Bum
I dont understand this cult of the bachelor contestant. he's every mediocre white guy who did nothing at work but no one minded.
Those Bachelor fans watch TV, and they follow social media. Joe and Kendall each have 2x the Instagram following as Juan Pablo and like 20x over John Schneider, plus Joe has both Jenna and Val stumping for votes for him.

taf2002

After the last couple of weeks on juniors, tonight's show was a bit blah to me. Don't quite agree with the one going home (should have been Akash for sure), and none of the dances are going to stay in my head at all. The first 10 was given tonight too. And apparently on DWTS Juniors, 'jazz' means 'hip hop'
Team Emma: Jason and Elliana. That kid has so much personality, which is probably why they had him on the regular DWTS Disney week this year

I just hope the regular DWTS never has these kids on again. It really fcks up the show for me. Thank God for FF.

screech

With how, for lack of a better term, crappy this season of regular DWTS has been, I've read a lot of people on other boards who've actually preferred juniors to this season.
Not sure if it will get renewed, but if it does, I hope they replace Adam as a judge.

screech

4/6 dances done so far, only memorable one was JP and Cheryl's Argentine Tango. That was really really good. And I loved that they didn't rely on lifts (IIRC the only lift was the ending pose). Comparatively, Joe's contemporary was ONLY lifts.

Debbie S

I just hope the regular DWTS never has these kids on again. It really fcks up the show for me. Thank God for FF.
Awww, I think the juniors are fun to watch. Yes, that one week, before Juniors debuted, the promotion was a bit much, but an occasional appearance in the Disney scenes doesn't bother me. I've been enjoying the juniors more than the grown-up version.

And I Iike Akash, even if his Charleston was a bit...off. ;)

screech

Now THAT was an upset of a double elimination!!!! I mean, Joe was finally eliminated (on a night he received multiple 8s and actually deserved them!), but holy motherforking shirtballs!!
Juan Pablo and Cheryl. Who've received perfect scores tonight, and the previous two weeks, and who I thought was one of the potential winners. The other team in jeopardy, last to be called safe was Alexis and Alan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information