2019-2020 Fall - Spring TV New/Returning Shows

Cachoo

I find the Food Network's seasonal baking championship show addicting: The bakes look scrumptious and I believe the judging panel (Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascal) mesh well together and with the contestants. Along with "The Great British Bake-Off" this is a favorite.

Susan1

I find the Food Network's seasonal baking championship show addicting: The bakes look scrumptious and I believe the judging panel (Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascal) mesh well together and with the contestants. Along with "The Great British Bake-Off" this is a favorite.
I DVR all of them. I wonder if they already taped the kids ones. Those would be on next.

A couple days ago, I noticed that we had all the Showtimes, so I was going to watch St. Elmo's Fire this weekend.
All the Showtimes are gone today. Sheesh.

Last edited:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday May 10/2020 - Saturday May 16/2020: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...r-network-cable-and-streaming-shows?pv=search

Sunday, May 10
I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE - HBO - 9 p.m.
Worst Cooks in America Season 19 - Food Network

Monday, May 11
The Shivering Truth Season 2 - Adult Swim - 12 a.m.
JJ VILLARD'S FAIRY TALES - Adult Swim - 12:15 a.m.
TRIAL BY MEDIA - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Bordertown Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
BAKEAWAY CAMP WITH MARTHA STEWART - Food Network - 9 p.m.
THE THIRD DAY - HBO - 10 p.m.

Tuesday, May 12
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Kimmy Vs. the Reverend - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.

Thursday, May 14
The Misery Index Season 2 - TBS - 10:30 p.m.

Friday, May 15
THE GREAT - Hulu - 3:01 a.m.
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Season 5 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
INHUMAN RESOURCES - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
WHITE LINES - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Magic for Humans Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Battlebots Season 5 - Discovery - 8 p.m.
Masters of Illusion Season 10 - The CW - 8 p.m.

Please post any updates I may have missed.

love skating

Clueless American
I noticed there is a new 5 hr documentary series on PBS called Asian Americans. It airs on Monday, May 11th (2 hrs) and Tuesday, May 12th (3 hrs).

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Amazing Race won’t be airing this summer as originally planned 🙁 Pushed back to fall in case programming is needed.

Makes sense, though, since they only have that season to rely on and then the production for 33 was stopped after a few episodes. Survivor should have wrapped at least one new season at this point and by the time next month is over, I believe they typically have both seasons done for the following year. They won't have that. Of course, they can start late and still air things on time, but it's a big question mark. All these other shows haven't started producing any new episodes either. Big Brother has 0% chance of happening this summer with LA county shut down for months and that was 3 hours a week for CBS ALL summer. Just air a bunch of filler for the next few months unfortunately, and then whatever you DO have, use in the fall. TAR always pulls decent numbers and they know it's not going to bomb.

vgerdes

I have a feeling we're not going to be seeing much in the way of new TV content for the remainder of this year. A few shows here and there, but not the huge variety we're used to being able to choose from.

BaileyCatts

So there's basically gonna be nothing on TV this summer then, huh. :( I've seen commercials for America's Got Talent starting, which I love, and I know they had several audition shows already taped before shutdowns, but if they go to these 'at home' performances once they get past the pre-tapes, its gonna be boring. American Idol has been just awful to me with these 'at home' performances. I can't even tell you a single person's name of Idol finalists, what they sang, can't remember a thing about their performances even before the judges stop speaking, yet I remember the 'performances' of past contestants not just because of their singing but because of their … uh performances. :lol: Talent shows really need a live audience to make it work.

I hope this isn't the end for The Amazing Race. If countries still have border restrictions and such next year, how are they ever gonna get TAR back into production?

vgerdes

American Idol has been just awful to me with these 'at home' performances. I can't even tell you a single person's name of Idol finalists, what they sang, can't remember a thing about their performances even before the judges stop speaking, yet I remember the 'performances' of past contestants not just because of their singing but because of their … uh performances. :lol: Talent shows really need a live audience to make it work.

I agree. I've been watching, but mainly because I find it to be an interesting experiment. I do like some of the contestants though. I just wish they had the experience of performing before a live audience. It's not exactly fair to them either.

manhn

British Columbia's second phase of reopening involves resuming film productions (June/July). A lot of TV shows shoot up here. Not sure of the logistics, but people in would have to quarantine for 14-days. I can see an entire productions holed up in one hotel for 2 weeks, and then start shooting. Social distancing will be difficult, but is filming with social distancing harder than hockey or basketball?

We do a lot of CW shows. I could envision an entire episode of Riverdale where the kids plan a Zoom graduation.

annie720

Amazing Race won’t be airing this summer as originally planned 🙁 Pushed back to fall in case programming is needed.

I had this penciled in on my calendar and was saddened to have to cross it out. Was really looking forward to it. :(

BUT, I just saw that there will be a streaming of the 2015 Bombshell concert by the cast of SMASH on the same day that this was supposed to have aired, so a small consolation.

Anemone

I hope this isn't the end for The Amazing Race. If countries still have border restrictions and such next year, how are they ever gonna get TAR back into production?

As much as the international travel and tasks are part of the draw of the show, it is possible to shoot an entire season within country. The Canadian version does it. The most recent seasons have had perhaps one or two international destinations, but most of the season is still within the country. I don't find it any less interesting because of that. The US is surely large enough for them to shoot an entire season without leaving the country if they need to.
One of the channels I have here is airing a lot of classic shows - I Love Lucy, Mission Impossible etc. I have actually been enjoying Mission Impossible, although I keep getting annoyed that press conferences/government announcements keep pre-empting the first part of the show every day.

Skate Talker

One of the channels I have here is airing a lot of classic shows - I Love Lucy, Mission Impossible etc. I have actually been enjoying Mission Impossible, although I keep getting annoyed that press conferences/government announcements keep pre-empting the first part of the show every day.
Would you mind telling me which channel? I may have it in my package too.

BaileyCatts

I don't know if this is the same channels as Anemone is talking about, but I've found 2 channels on my Spectrum that run old TV shows. One is METV (like in you and 'me') and CometTV are the names. I just found Comet TV and they are running old Quantum Leap episodes every day. I LOVE Quantum Leap! One of my favorite shows ever. 🥰

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday May 17/2020 - Saturday May 23/2020: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...of-dates-for-tv-and-streaming-shows?pv=search

Sunday, May 17
HIGHTOWN - Starz - 9 p.m.
SNOWPIERCER - TNT - 9 p.m.

Monday, May 18
DEAD STILL - Acorn TV - 3:01 a.m.
THE BIG FLOWER FIGHT - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
THE NOW - Quibi - 3:01 a.m.
DC'S STARGIRL - DC Universe - 9 a.m.

Tuesday, May 19
THE GENETIC DETECTIVE - ABC - 10 p.m.

Wednesday, May 20
The 100 Season 7 - The CW - 8 p.m.
The Amazing Race Season 32 - CBS - 8 p.m.
ULTIMATE TAG - Fox - 9:00 p.m.

Thursday, May 21
Burden of Truth Season 3 - The CW - 8 p.m.
Love Island Season 2 - CBS - 8 p.m.
CELEBRITY ESCAPE ROOM - NBC - 8 p.m. (One-Hour Special)
Holey Moley Season 2 - ABC - 9 p.m.
LABOR OF LOVE - Fox - 9 p.m.
Red Nose Day Special 2020 - NBC - 9 p.m. (Two-Hour Special)
To Tell the Truth Season 5 - ABC - 10 p.m.

Friday, May 22
The Split Season 2 - Sundance - 12 a.m.
Homecoming Season 2 - Amazon - 3:01 a.m.
Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
CONTROL Z - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
HISTORY 101 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.

TanithandBenFan

Sweet Magnolias debuts on Netflix on Tuesday. It’s based on a book series by Sherryl Woods. I thought it was dropping yesterday and was looking forward to bingeing over the weekend!

Susan1

Tonight at 8:00, there are a bunch of James Patterson's Murder is Forever stories. I saw some of them when they were first on, and I read some of the books. He put three short stories in each book. Channel - ID

My DVR is picking up first runs of Top 10 Revealed and A Year in Music on AXS. eta - and The Very Very Best of the 70's.

And The Story of Soaps is on Tuesday at 9 p.m. on ABC. I hope they have a lot of All My Children!

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I googled and couldn't find the release that said it was postponed only a bunch of articles about it debuting. Including the CBS site saying it was May 20th!!

TanithandBenFan

I googled and couldn't find the release that said it was postponed only a bunch of articles about it debuting. Including the CBS site saying it was May 20th!!

My cable guide also doesn’t show TAR on Wednesday.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
My cable guide also doesn’t show TAR on Wednesday.
Oh I believe it's not premiering this Wed. I was just surprised after reading it was postponed to see that it was just listed as premiering the 20th on the CBS site! Made me doubt that I read what I read.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday May 17/2020 - Saturday May 23/2020: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...of-dates-for-tv-and-streaming-shows?pv=search

Sunday, May 17
HIGHTOWN - Starz - 9 p.m.
SNOWPIERCER - TNT - 9 p.m.

Thursday, May 21
CELEBRITY ESCAPE ROOM - NBC - 8 p.m. (One-Hour Special)
Red Nose Day Special 2020 - NBC - 9 p.m. (Two-Hour Special)

I think Hightown actually starts at 8 PM on Sunday night (all the social media is promoting it for 8 PM). I watched the online sneak peek premiere for Hightown last weekend and I actually really liked it. It's not a show that I would normally check out (it's mainly about opioid addition and has a lot of sex, swearing, and drugs) but my girl Monica Raymund from CF stars in it so I had to check it out. She's awesome in a very different role from her CF character (Jackie is a hot mess with many addictions and issues) and the story is very dark but it's also intriguing with a great cast. It's only an eight episode season so I'm excited to see where the show goes in S1. :eek: :cheer:

I've seen approximately 157 promos for Snowpiercer since I've been working from home but I'm not sure if I want to check it out or not. I never saw the movie that it's based off of so I'm not sure if that would make a difference.

I can't wait to watch the Escape Room show on NBC later in the week! That looks like a trip (and I love doing escape rooms so watching these celebs try to get out could be hysterical) and I'm also curious how NBC handles Red Nose Day without being able to do a live show this year. :)

Thanks for keeping us all up to date with all this TV information. I'm sure it hasn't been easy with all the changes and bug related shortened seasons! :yikes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information