2019-2020 Fall - Spring TV New/Returning Shows

BaileyCatts

Oh no! I think I missed my annual viewing of The Ten Commandments! I thought it was on the night before Easter and I don't see anything on my viewer guide! Did I miss it already??? Nnnnooooo!!!!!! :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

Susan1

Oh no! I think I missed my annual viewing of The Ten Commandments! I thought it was on the night before Easter and I don't see anything on my viewer guide! Did I miss it already??? Nnnnooooo!!!!!! :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed
I saw It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown on the cable guide, but it's On Demand - $4 to rent. It's only half an hour. I could probably sit here and watch it on the computer for free.

That live Jesus Christ Superstar from a couple years ago is on Sunday night at 7 on NBC. I was looking for the movie - nope.

ETA - SNL (from home) is live tonight.

Last edited:

Susan1

Ben-Hur noon TCM - not exactly Easter, but it has always been on at this time every year.

Barabbas is on right now. It started at 7:30 a.m.

FXM - The Robe at 10:30 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.

TCM - The Greatest Story Ever Told 4 p.m.
and King of Kings - 10 p.m.

I remember watching all of those every year. That's all that was on when we only had the three network channels.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Killing Eve is back!! (that said, I haven't watched episode one yet, but I'm sure it'll knock my socks off!)

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday April 19/2020 - Saturday April 25/2020: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...r-network-cable-and-streaming-shows?pv=search

Sunday, April 19
Rock & Roll Road Trip with Sammy Hagar Season 5 - AXS TV - 8:30 p.m.
THE LAST DANCE - ESPN - 9 p.m.
Marvel's Spider-Man Season 3 - Disney XD - 9 p.m.
THE LONGEST WAR - Showtime - 10 p.m. (Special)
DRAGNIFICENT! - TLC - 11 p.m. (Special Night and Time)

Monday, April 20
COOKED WITH CANNABIS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
THE MIDNIGHT GOSPEL - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
IRON SHARPENS IRON - Quibi - 3:01 a.m.

Wednesday, April 22
ABSURD PLANET - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Ghost Nation Season 2 - Travel Channel - 8 p.m. (Two-Hour Premiere)
Mental Samurai Season 2 - Fox - 9 p.m. (Special Night)

Thursday, April 23
GHOST IN THE SHELL: SAC_2045 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Growing Up Hip Hop Season 5 Spring Premiere - WE - 9 p.m.
WE'RE HERE - HBO - 9 p.m.

Friday, April 24
DEFENDING JACOB - Apple TV+ - 3:01 a.m.
After Life Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
LOVE 101 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.

Saturday, April 25
BAD EDUCATION (TV Movie) - HBO - 8 p.m.
DYING FOR MOTHERHOOD - Lifetime - 8 p.m.

Please post any updates I may have missed.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday April 26/2020 - Saturday May 02/2020: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...r-network-cable-and-streaming-shows?pv=search

Sunday, April 26
The Last Kingdom Season 4 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Vida Season 3 - Starz - 9 p.m.
On the Case with Paula Zahn Season 20 - Investigation Discovery - 10 p.m.
PENNY DREADFUL: CITY OF ANGELS (Season 4) - Showtime - 10 p.m.

Monday, April 27
CUP OF JOE - Quibi - 3:01 a.m.
DUMMY - Quibi - 3:01 a.m.
FLOORED - Quibi - 3:01 a.m.
NEVER HAVE I EVER - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.

Wednesday, April 29
NORMAL PEOPLE - Hulu - 3:01 a.m.
EXTRACURRICULAR - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
SUMMERTIME - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Destination Fear Season 2 - Travel Channel - 10 p.m.

Thursday, April 30
DRIFTING DRAGONS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Council Of Dads Season 1 - NBC - 8 p.m. (Time Slot Premiere)

Friday, May 1
HOLLYWOOD - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
ALMOST HAPPY - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
INTO THE NIGHT - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Medici: The Magnificent Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
RECKONING - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (U.S. Premiere)
UPLOAD - Amazon - 3:01 a.m.
TRYING - Apple TV+ - 3:01 a.m.
PROP CULTURE - Disney+ - 3:01 a.m.
BETTY - HBO - 11 p.m.

Please post any updates I may have missed. (sorry late with post, been busy)

love skating

Clueless American
I'm so excited to watch the Parks and Recreation special quarantine episode this Thursday at 8:30 pm. A special precedes it at 8:00 pm - the Paley Center salute to the show. I so loved Parks and Rec - this will be such a treat!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I am bummed that God Friended Me has been cancelled. I’ll watch the series finale tonight.
Bummed but also I was getting a bit tired of it. It's very formulaic. So it's good to go out on a high note.

I'm glad they left some ambiguity at the end as to whether Miles now believes in God and whether God was really behind the whole thing. I know that we are supposed to believe it was God but as an atheist, I get tired of the old "there are no atheists in fox holes" trope and was kind of dreading how they would end it.

BaileyCatts

Anyone watch The Prodigal Son? That finale last night was
rather WTF :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Totally didn't see that coming. How is she gonna get outta that one because that goes just a teensy bit out of the 'self defense' range, don't ya think? :shuffle:

Susan1

Nashville is back on AXS starting Monday. 9 a.m. and then 3 a.m. Just the ABC shows, not after they moved to CMT.

UP has Little House on the Prairie (but they are at the totally fictional part where after Mary goes blind she becomes a teacher and gets married), Gilmore Girls and Reba.

Glide2

Tonight was first episode of very stylish new Telemundo show, 100 Dias Para Empar….. 100 Days to Fall in Love. I need English captions. It seems outrageous. Not sure how many episodes were filmed before …. Also watching The Baker and the Beauty. Seems a little like Taylor Swift fan fiction with some Julia Roberts romantic life and Ugly Betty and Great Baking Show thrown in. Maybe it was meant to be a summer series.

sk8pics

Bummed but also I was getting a bit tired of it. It's very formulaic. So it's good to go out on a high note.

I'm glad they left some ambiguity at the end as to whether Miles now believes in God and whether God was really behind the whole thing. I know that we are supposed to believe it was God but as an atheist, I get tired of the old "there are no atheists in fox holes" trope and was kind of dreading how they would end it.
Thanks for hiding your comments in spoiler tags! I wasn’t tired of it, but I agree some of the recent episodes haven’t been as good.

I really liked the look back at some of the people Miles helped, and seeing the overall effect he’s had. And even with that and all that happened, it’s not likely that he would abruptly change his mind about something so big. I liked that they were showing him thinking things over but not jumping to conclusions, and really liked how at peace he seemed with everything. I don’t know if we were supposed to believe it was God, but I also liked the ambiguity and especially with the kid saying ”She” was waiting for him. Could be that woman who was involved and disappeared... could be, something else. I loved it.

vgerdes

Anyone watch The Prodigal Son? That finale last night was
rather WTF :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Totally didn't see that coming. How is she gonna get outta that one because that goes just a teensy bit out of the 'self defense' range, don't ya think? :shuffle:

It was definitely a shocker. Didn't see it coming at all.

Ainsley always seemed like the "normal" one. Yes, she was defending her family from a monster, but as you said, I doubt she'll be able to use the 'self defense' angle since she slit his throat from behind.

I sure hope we don't have to wait forever for season 2. This is my favorite new show, by far.

BaileyCatts

So what's the scuttlebutt on how the whole shutdown thing is going to affect TV production schedules anyway? I know most shows were already completed for the season, or simply just didn't film the last 2-3 episodes they had not shot yet, but how is this going to affect the Fall Season? When do they typically start shooting schedules for TV shows that would premiere in September/October timing? I figure the writers could keep writing using the same technology all the WFH people are using, but are we even gonna have a Fall TV season if they can't shoot episodes?

First world problems, yeah. But gotta have something hopeful to look forward too. :shuffle:

vgerdes

So what's the scuttlebutt on how the whole shutdown thing is going to affect TV production schedules anyway? I know most shows were already completed for the season, or simply just didn't film the last 2-3 episodes they had not shot yet, but how is this going to affect the Fall Season? When do they typically start shooting schedules for TV shows that would premiere in September/October timing? I figure the writers could keep writing using the same technology all the WFH people are using, but are we even gonna have a Fall TV season if they can't shoot episodes?

First world problems, yeah. But gotta have something hopeful to look forward too. :shuffle:

Typically they start filming fall shows sometime in July, although there is quite a bit of variation depending on when the fall premiere is scheduled.

BaileyCatts

It was definitely a shocker. Didn't see it coming at all.

Ainsley always seemed like the "normal" one. Yes, she was defending her family from a monster, but as you said, I doubt she'll be able to use the 'self defense' angle since she slit his throat from behind.

I sure hope we don't have to wait forever for season 2. This is my favorite new show, by far.

Yup. And
after nearly decapitating him then she stabs the dude in the chest like 7 times. Pretty much lose the 'self defense angle' with that. :lol: I wonder if mama is gonna try to cover this up. I mean .. it could happen. :slinkaway

Japanfan

I expect TV schedules to be delayed by 6 months to a year. 'The Handmaid's Tale' next season was to air in September, and I think it films in the spring. So, no new season this year. :( And I don't know when we'll get the finale of this season's 'The Walking Dead' - I think there are two more episodes to go, but they ran into production problems.

Anyone know whether 'Victoria' will resume this spring?

manhn

There are shows that could not finish their current seasons, like Empire, those Chicago shows and Superstore.

skatingguy

decently
There are shows that could not finish their current seasons, like Empire, those Chicago shows and Superstore.
Empire actually did finish its final season. They weren't able to film the final so they just pieced it together from previous footage and shortened the season.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday May 03/2020 - Saturday May 09/2020: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...r-network-cable-and-streaming-shows?pv=search

Sunday, May 3
The Real Housewives of Potomac Season 5 - Bravo - 8 p.m.
Billions Season 5 - Showtime - 9 p.m.
The Good Witch Season 6 - Hallmark - 9 p.m.
Rick and Morty Season 4 Spring Premiere - Adult Swim - 11:30 p.m.

Monday, May 4
DISNEY GALLERY: THE MANDALORIAN - DIsney+ - 3:01 a.m.
Reno 911! - Quibi - 3:01 a.m.
GOLD DIGGER - Acorn TV - 3:01 a.m.

Tuesday, May 5
JERRY SEINFELD: 23 HOURS TO KILL - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
NATALIE WOOD: WHAT REMAINS BEHIND - HBO - 9 p.m.
Million Dollar Listing: Los Angeles Season 12 - Bravo - 10 p.m. (75-Minute Premiere)

Thursday, May 7
Scissor Seven Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
BAD MOTHERS - Sundance Now - 3:01 a.m.
Blindspot Season 5 - NBC - 9 p.m. (Time Slot Premiere)

Friday, May 8
SOLAR OPPOSITES - Hulu - 3:01 a.m.
THE EDDY - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Dead to Me Season 2 - 3:01 a.m.
Restaurants on the Edge Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
The Hollow Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
VALERIA - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Bering Sea Gold Season 14 - Discovery 10 p.m.

Please post any updates I may have missed.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
No new Jeopardys. Monday they showed Ken Jennings' first appearance. Now it's the GOAT tournament they just had. I wish they would show more old shows of people who did really well, or old celebrity shows. They could show all of the shows Ken Jennngs was on. That would take up the rest of the summer.

Just saw this - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fall-tv-2020-every-broadcast-225541864.html

There are more new episodes coming because Jackie Wong is going to be a contestant on May 19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information