2019-2020 Fall - Spring TV New/Returning Shows

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 01/2019 - Saturday December 07/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows?pv=search

Sunday, December 1
9 p.m. - Brain Games Season 8 - National Geographic

Tuesday, December 3
12:01 a.m. PT - ONE DAY AT DISNEY - Disney+ (Documentary Special Presentation)

Friday, December 6
12:01 a.m. PT - The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3 - Amazon
12:01 a.m. PT - REPRISAL - Hulu
8 p.m. - A STORYBOOK CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Lifetime

Saturday, December 7
6 p.m. - MATCHMAKER CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Lifetime
8 p.m. - A DOGGONE CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Lifetime

Please post any updates I may have missed.

BaileyCatts

Does anyone watch How To Get Away With Murder? I just watched the winter finale and (just in case anyone who watches hasn't watched it yet) ....

what the ever lovin' freaking feck just happened!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Why is Asher, of all people, dead! He was at Gabriel's building but no way did Gabriel kill him. And what the hell was that very last ending scene at the memorial. Was that WES???? Wes Gibbins?!!? Wes is dead! I am so confused! I need to take the next 5 months and rewatch this show over again from the very beginning. I can't believe we have to wait until April for it to return, and there's only 6 episodes left in the series. :wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes:

Susan1

Anyone else loving "Prodigal Son" as much as I am? It's my favorite new series in quite a while. I'm pretty sad that the "winter finale" is tomorrow night already, and it's going to be several weeks before we get new episodes.
Not about this show, but I noticed that Grey's was actually calling theirs the fall finale this year for the first time. Duh.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 08/2019 - Saturday December 14/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows?pv=search

Sunday, December 8
8 p.m. - GROUNDED FOR CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Lifetime
10 p.m. - THE L WORD: GENERATION Q -Showtime
11 p.m. - WORK IN PROGRESS - Showtime

Friday, December 13
12:01 a.m. PT - The Expanse Season 4 (New Network) - Amazon
12:01 a.m. PT - Marvel's Runaways Season 3 - Hulu|
8 p.m. - A CHRISTMAS MELODY (TV Movie) - Lifetime

Saturday, December 14
8 p.m. - YOU LIGHT UP MY CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Lifetime

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I need the collective minds of FSU... I was watching a TV series on the plane two months ago that I had never heard of. Most of the content on the Entertainment system was from NBC so I assumed it was a current NBC show and I could easily find it again.

Wrong!

I can't quite remember the name. I thought it was The Underground. But I can't find any series with that name on IMDB other than a historical drama about Harriet Tubman. So then I tried The Underneath but that didn't work either.

This was a contemporary drama about a woman who can see dead people. Her mother could too but her mother is dead. The main characters are her, her dad and a policeman who seems to be attracted to her and learns her secret. Oh, and a child ghost lives in her house and there's something going on with their relationship that plays out over several episodes. In the second or third episode, she fights a dead woman at the hospital who is kidnapping the ghosts of little kids who died at the hospital. So it's quite dramatic and not necessarily a feel-good show like The Ghost Whisper was.

Okay... so who knows what the show is called and what network it is on???

alexikeguchi

I can't quite remember the name. I thought it was The Underground. But I can't find any series with that name on IMDB other than a historical drama about Harriet Tubman. So then I tried The Underneath but that didn't work either.

Okay... so who knows what the show is called and what network it is on???

You were close with the prepositions... It was called The InBetween, and it was indeed on NBC. I didn't really get engaged by it and didn't follow whether it's concluded or will be renewed.

Is anyone else watching Evil on CBS? It also features the occult in a quirky way that appeals to my twisted sense of humor.

Susan1

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 08/2019 - Saturday December 14/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows?pv=search

Sunday, December 8
8 p.m. - GROUNDED FOR CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Lifetime
10 p.m. - THE L WORD: GENERATION Q -Showtime
11 p.m. - WORK IN PROGRESS - Showtime

Friday, December 13
12:01 a.m. PT - The Expanse Season 4 (New Network) - Amazon
12:01 a.m. PT - Marvel's Runaways Season 3 - Hulu|
8 p.m. - A CHRISTMAS MELODY (TV Movie) - Lifetime

Saturday, December 14
8 p.m. - YOU LIGHT UP MY CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Lifetime

Thursday, 12/12 - ABC 9 p.m. - Great American Baking Show - Holiday Edition

My DVR picked it up as a series to record. Along with the ones I've been recording - Christmas Cookie Challenge, Kids Baking Championship (holiday edition), the Gingerbread Championship and the regular Holiday Baking Championship. I just like to look at the pretty desserts.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 15/2019 - Saturday December 21/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows?pv=search

Sunday, December 15
8 p.m. - The 42nd Annual Kennedy Center Honors - CBS (Two-Hour Special Presentation)
8 p.m. - REDISCOVERING CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Lifetime

Monday, December 16
9 p.m. - LAUREL CANYON - Epix (Special Presentation)

Thursday, December 19
8 p.m. - The 2020 Miss America Competition - NBC (Two-Hour Special Presentation)

Friday, December 20
8 p.m. THE CHRISTMAS TEMP (TV Movie) - Lifetime

Saturday, December 21
11 a.m. - BATTLE OF THE CHRISTMAS MOVIE STARS - Lifetime (Special Presentation)
8 p.m. - THE CHRISTMAS HOTEL (TV Movie) - Lifetime

Susan1

Just a note - on this week's Food Network Holiday Baking Championship, they had to make ice skating rinks on top of cheesecakes in the Main Heat. It will be rerun Saturday at 1 p.m. and Monday at 8 p.m. before the finale.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 22/2019 - Saturday December 28/2019:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...r-network-cable-and-streaming-shows?pv=search

Sunday, December 22

A DATE BY CHRISTMAS EVE (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
DOUBLE HOLIDAY (TV Movie) - Hallmark - 8 p.m.

Tuesday, December 24
Lost In Space Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.

Wednesday, December 25
When Calls The Heart Christmas (2-Hour Special) - Hallmark - 8 p.m.

Thursday, December 26
You Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.

Saturday, December 28
NEW YEAR, NEW ME (TV Movie) - Hallmark - 8 p.m.
Restaurant: Impossible Season 16 - Food Network - 9 p.m.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Hulu added the second season of Killing Eve sometime within the last few days. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it. I'm binge watching the amazing first season again (8 episodes, quick) before starting the new one.

Japanfan

Check your PBS schedule for "Call the Midwife".

It is PBS here too, although I mistakenly indicated that it was the BBC, which is the producer SFAIK. The summary on the TV guide sez our intrepid midwives make a trip to the Hebrides.

I would imagine that anyone with PBS gets it on Christmas day.

Also the previous two Christmas are being aired prior to the Christmas day one. We figure we will watch them again. . .because - well, Call the Midwife. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

ETA: All three air Dec. 25, starting in the afternoon here. We have our turkey on Dec. 27 because Mr. Japanfan works 25 and 26, so we'll enjoy watching them while the turkey cooks and when we have our dinner.

Last edited:

Susan1

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 22/2019 - Saturday December 28/2019:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...r-network-cable-and-streaming-shows?pv=search

Sunday, December 22

A DATE BY CHRISTMAS EVE (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
DOUBLE HOLIDAY (TV Movie) - Hallmark - 8 p.m.

I think I do this every year!
I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown. Tonight, Sunday, at 7 p.m. (not 8 p.m. cause it's on a Sunday?) - ABC.

Susan1

OMG, you guys. I've never watched the Masked Singer. It looked stupid and you know I don't know any popular music so it wouldn't do any good for me to guess. So, there was absolutely nothing else on and I didn't want to fall asleep watching something I DVRd, so I watched the second hour of the finale. I hope this is not a spoiler for anybody, so stop reading if it is......................I SAID THE ROTTWEILER WAS CHRIS DAUGHTRY!!! I didn't know who any of the judges or the host were, or who any of the male or female singers they mentioned anybody could be (I knew who Jessica Simpson was from when she was on that show with Nick Lachey (sp?) but wouldn't have any idea what she sounded like singing). I just thought the Rottweiler sounded like Chris Daughtry from the one song I've ever heard when the radio station at a temp job I worked at a long time ago's tag line was "we play anything". I wouldn't know any other name of any other singer to make a guess - like the Fox.
I didn't pay attention to any of the clues or what the singers said while they were in costume cause they wouldn't have meant anything to me.
Why isn't he a big star now? I love his voice. I wanted him to win American Idol, but I didn't because he would have a better career if he didn't. I think we discussed this somewhere.
Anyway..............nobody on the show even thought of him, but I (who only has classic rock and oldies stations programmed into the car radio) did. Now I'm thinking that's sad for him, that people who supposedly know "popular" music wouldn't even recognize his voice or consider him. And he's so cute. :)

love skating

Clueless American
I thought this final season of Mr. Robot was excellent. Rami in particular did some great work this year. The finale last night was crazy! Still processing it, but in the end I think it did make a lot of sense (the final twist). And the finale made me cry which I wasn't expecting, but I got all emotional.

Last edited:

Cachoo

You were close with the prepositions... It was called The InBetween, and it was indeed on NBC. I didn't really get engaged by it and didn't follow whether it's concluded or will be renewed.

Is anyone else watching Evil on CBS? It also features the occult in a quirky way that appeals to my twisted sense of humor.
I like "Evil" a lot. I like the cast and I like the idea of using believers, skeptics and a scientific mind. I am curious about this new show on NBC called "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist." I saw the male lead from the first "Pitch Perfect" singing and thought hhhhmmm....this could be interesting or a flop.

Between The Expanse, The Witcher and Watchmen keeps my sci-fy fantasy cup is filled. Regina King is AWESOME in Watchmen. She is really hitting her stride these days.

The miniseries The Outsider with Jason Bateman, Ben Mendelsohn and Cynthia Erivo looks very good. I like the idea that Mendelsohn is playing a good guy for once. And the mystery sounds compelling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information