U.S. Ladies [#25]: Method in the Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I took 24 hours off from fsu to watch everything live (still havent seen dance or mens free)

Holy BRADIE!!!!

WOW...CLose to 150....

NO under rotations this time....

She had a Very high Tech score. SO close in scores from her three second place....

2 3lutz/3toes..... and No UR! Thats impressive......

I was so thrilled for her....

And shout out to Mariah as well... Best Ive seen her too.....

natsulian

Since Mariah and Bradie seem to be staying in Japan... they must also be competing at the World Team Trophy. Hmmm. I wonder when they will announce the assignments.

baramin

Would switching to a 3-3 in the long actually help Bell? If she could do a loop combo it would be worth it, or was secure enough to do the lutz-toe in the back half, but right now she's repeating the lutz & flip, with one flip & both lutzes (including her 3 jump combo) in the second half. Rather than repeating the 3 toe, it might be better for her to keep the 2a-3t she does now & just swap out the 2nd 2a for a 3s. Or, actually, a 3L-1eu-3s combo to replace her current 3 jump pass would be nice, but since she doesn't have a sal at all this year, that may be asking too much.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

^^^ Actually, Ive wondered... why do skaters like Bell, Schott and others do a 3/3 in SP but not in free?

Stamina issues? Otherwise I don tunderstand...

Why would you bust it out in SP and then not do it in free? You aren't going to be close to medaling if you dont.....

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Sure, they storm the mound and both teams rush the field, but then it's over by the next play.
And it makes the highlights reel of all the national sports networks, often with commentators laughing about it, is disseminated on social media with clips, is subject to post-after-post and column-after column of local (at least) analysis, is brought up later to make a point about the pitcher and/or team, is replayed, might be a subject of an official complaint to the league, and makes the "hit batters" compilation videos, which are supposed to be amusing, and are accompanied by high-spirited laughter and YouTube shares.

And the debate over whether the team that lost in the Super Bowl to the Patriots should have even been there is still being :argue: and :drama: and :mitchell:.

I'm guessing that John Denkinger is still getting death threats.

It is rarely between the players, at least publicly, after an initial confrontation and the post-gane comments, but it can go on and on and on and on because of media, fans, agents, and organizations, just like here.

Last edited:

natsulian

Although the seniors next season will be exciting with Bradie, Mariah, Ting, Gracie, Karen, Polina, Starr, and a few others leading the race, I cannot wait to see the juniors. If the seniors is "packed", then the juniors are overflowing. Since there will no longer be a novice level championship at Nationals, almost all of the novices and some intermediates will jump straight to juniors. Additionally, now that we have full spots for Junior Worlds and the Junior Grand Prix thanks to Ting and Hanna, this is the perfect time to enable the younger girls to have some exposure internationally. Alysa and Hanna will probably lead the junior ladies next year, but we also have some very talented younger ladies coming down the pipeline, a lot of them having already attempted and successfully landed 3-3 combos, with a few going for that 3Lz-3Lo and 3Lz-3T (and there's one girl in particular who could really shake things up if all goes well).

natsulian

NBC Sports Article on Polina Edmunds:

Sochi Olympian Polina Edmunds has been off the ice for nearly nine months with a long-term right foot injury and will not compete this season. Her goal is to return to competitive figure skating next season.

“I haven’t lived up to my competitive potential,” Edmunds said Thursday. “My career internationally has been so short. I really feel like there’s more that I can do, more that I can bring. This time I’ve had off, this physical and mental growth, coming back I can be even better than I was before”.

Sylvia

TBD
NBC Sports Article on Polina Edmunds:

Sochi Olympian Polina Edmunds has been off the ice for nearly nine months with a long-term right foot injury and will not compete this season. Her goal is to return to competitive figure skating next season.

“I haven’t lived up to my competitive potential,” Edmunds said Thursday. “My career internationally has been so short. I really feel like there’s more that I can do, more that I can bring. This time I’ve had off, this physical and mental growth, coming back I can be even better than I was before”.
This article was published back on Sept. 27, 2018: https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/09/27/polina-edmunds-figure-skating/

5 U.S. ladies are scheduled to compete at Egna Spring Trophy in Italy, March 28-31, 2019:

Senior: Starr Andrews, Gabriella Izzo (her senior international debut)
Junior: Audrey Shin (J2 at Nationals), Calista Choi (N1, her international debut)
Adv. Novice: Isabelle Inthisone (N3, her international debut)

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

VGThuy

So, natsulian wasn't wrong with adding Polina really. Technically, she says she was taking the 2018-2019 season off and hoping to try again next season. Now, realistically....I don't think many have much hope for her making a splash next season.

Vagabond

We're at 981 posts. I will start a new thread eventually. Maybe this week, maybe after the World Team Trophy, maybe when a certain someone sends me a Private Message. Suggestions for the next thread title are always welcome. "Out on a Lim," however, has already been ruled ineligible. :COP:

Frida80

We're at 981 posts. I will start a new thread eventually. Maybe this week, maybe after the World Team Trophy, maybe when a certain someone sends me a Private Message. Suggestions for the next thread title are always welcome. "Out on a Lim," however, has already been ruled ineligible. :COP:

Perhaps something related to the upcoming down season? After all we're going to be mostly glued to Unseen Skater, instagram and Twitter for any scrap of information about skating for five months.

Last edited:

natsulian

Should Bradie include the 3Lz-3Lo next season? If she keeps growing artistically, gets even more GOE's on her jumps, and goes clean, then she'll definitely win over the judges next season, and it seems that the 3Lz-3Lo kept her from doing that. I think the Free at Worlds was not only a sigh of relief, but a huge burden off her back. Now she can really work on stabilizing the harder combos and being artistic. I think she was taken aback when the season did not go as planned, and had to dig herself out of a hole after the judges cremated her with under-rotation calls after a bad start to the season.

I'm hoping she goes for a dramatic Free with the same layout as Worlds, but keeps her Short and develops it even further. I don't think I've ever seen her perform that well... ever. She's got the goods to score 218-222 if everything goes well next season.

Vagabond

Perhaps something related to Thebes upcoming down season?
Thebes? :confused:

Is someone doing a program to selections from Oedipus Rex, by Blind Faith? :unsure:

How about:

"U.S. Ladies [#26]: Oedipus, Schmedipus! At Least He Loves his Mother."
"U.S. Ladies [#26]: Easy on the Eye and a Good Laius"
"U.S. Ladies [#26]: Acteon and the Stag Party"
"U.S. Ladies [#26]: Looking for Trojans"

I dunno. They seem more like titles for the Men's thread. :cautious:

Last edited:

all_empty

I would LOVE a Polina comeback if she gets her triples again.

She's still only 20 (Mariah and Bradie are the grand dames of US Skating at 22 and 21, respectively).

Polina has always possessed a competitive spirit, a self-confidence, and artistic maturity I'd love to see developed now that she's older. She's quite tall now and looks really athletic. Some skaters who physically mature (Kwan, Nagasu, Tuk) can keep their triples but Polina has all the added height as well.

I'm actually quite excited for next season as we will see some fresh faces on the senior GP and Alysa's long-awaited JGP debut.

Marco

Instead of the lutz-loop, I wish Bradie would explore a 2axel-3sal or 3flip-3sal, so that she can max out her content in the free with 7 triples, 2 2axels and repeating lutz and flip, like so (in her own order):

3lutz3toe
3lutz
2axel-3sal
3flip2toe
3flip
3loop
2axel

The lutz-loop is too much a UR / pop risk as well as bad for her hip.

Frida80

Thebes? :confused:

Is someone doing a program to selections from Oedipus Rex, by Blind Faith? :unsure:

How about:

"U.S. Ladies [#25]: Oedipus, Schmedipus! At Least He Loves his Mother."
"U.S. Ladies [#25]: Easy on the Eye and a Good Laius"
"U.S. Ladies [#25]: Acteon and the Stag Party"
"U.S. Ladies [#25]: Looking for Trojans"

I dunno. They seem more like titles for the Men's thread. :cautious:

Autocorrect! It was just supposed to be "the"!

b-man

LOL. I wanted to read if Angela Nikodinov was back in.

Polina????? Last time she competed I think was in last place. She hs been done for a looooong time.

@natsulian whats the date on that article...I think i remember readin that a year or two or three ago.

She did the short at the Kansas City 2017 Nationals, complained of foot pain and withdrew from the FS. Last comp I'm aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information