#TeamTrainwreck 23: Perky through the ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

Kolyada used to be:
Schlocky music
Schlocky costumes
Schlocky haircuts
Splats

Now he is:
Mostly good music
Mostly good costumes (But just one epaulette? :huh: )
Mostly good haircuts
Splats

Progress! :)
Bring back Nijinsky!!!

Colonel Green

James/Radford were so dull! They match well, but has zero excitement going on. And where does all these emo coverscome from, where do they find them. Slow motion Shiny happy people? Come on?!? Did the title ring a bell? I realise the original is probably ironic, but man… that singer was almost falling asleep.
The weirdest thing is that Radford’s choreography work for Walsh & Michaud the last two seasons featured way more interesting music choices.

Vagabond

Unknown kid is known on Russian broadcasting, in this thread, and that's about it. Maybe things will change after Cup of Russia, but I wouldn't count on it.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
To Semenenko's credit, this is the worst skate he's had since Russian Nationals. He'll probably come back and win it all in the free skate given the track record of those ahead of him.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
To Semenenko's credit, this is the worst skate he's had since Russian Nationals. He'll probably come back and win it all in the free skate given the track record of those ahead of him.

What else is interesting is when you compare Jason with him and Mikhail because they all skated together so much joy and life in Jason and no expressions or emotions from the Russians. At all. I’m not the biggest Jason fan but I’ll go back to watch that for pure entertainment value. Probably won’t watch the other two again

rfisher

Let the skating begin
What else is interesting is when you compare Jason with him and Mikhail because they all skated together so much joy and life in Jason and no expressions or emotions from the Russians. At all. I’m not the biggest Jason fan but I’ll go back to watch that for pure entertainment value. Probably won’t watch the other two again
I can't say that I've ever seen Kolyada skate with joy or any of the Russian men for that matter. Between nerves and knowing what's at stake they just don't. They have a lot more fun in practice. Sometimes too much fun which is part of the problem. Except Misha who is always serious. He never smiles. Trankov tried to get him to laugh during the test skate interviews and only managed a tiny ha.

AngieNikodinovLove

I can't say that I've ever seen Kolyada skate with joy or any of the Russian men for that matter. Between nerves and knowing what's at stake they just don't. They have a lot more fun in practice. Sometimes too much fun which is part of the problem. Except Misha who is always serious. He never smiles. Trankov tried to get him to laugh during the test skate interviews and only managed a tiny ha.

Lol

my biggest surprises so far in USA skating is how much I enjoyed Jason today and that him and Alyssa Liu have that same type of joy in their performances

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Lol

my biggest surprises so far in USA skating is how much I enjoyed Jason today and that him and Alyssa Liu have that same type of joy in their performances
Brown is a natural performer and will do well skating in shows. Apparently Liu is as well. Kolyada is too much of an introvert, sort of like Trusova, to skate for the audience. You won't see a big smile on her face when she skates. Ever. That's not to say they don't feed off an audience's energy because they do, but they aren't there to perform. They're there to compete. Personally, I prefer the competitors to the performers, but that's just me. I seldom rewatch events or watch them after the scores are out. The competition is over at that point and I'm just not that invested in the performance aspect. On very, very rare occasions, a skater combines both and they are a true joy to watch, but they are special.

There is a big difference between the extroverts such as Jason Brown and the introverts. And, it's annoying when some posters (not you) try to make PCS scores all about the the extrovert. There's much more to the PCS score than smiling at the audience.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

This is straight up MEPOTS. Right down to the Nancy Kerrigan 2/3. Wish there woulda been a shoot-the-duck though.
I have no clue what personal award MEPOTS is for ANL (and better don’t dare to ask :p) but there is no such thing in here.
MEEPOTS would be ending pose, which won’t fit either. So away from the bottle and back to #ttw school of terminology my dear :COP:

S

SmallFairy

I have no clue what personal award MEPOTS is for ANL (and better don’t dare to ask :p) but there is no such thing in here.
MEEPOTS would be ending pose, which won’t fit either. So away from the bottle and back to #ttw school of terminology my dear :COP:
Most epic pose of the season?
For Boss that’s always Galliamov’s slide.

AngieNikodinovLove

Lolllllll

Ohhhhh

🤣🤣🤣

I thought it was most epic performance of the season. I do my best to keep up with you guys but like I said you’re hard-core for me and I can only come in this thread when I’m mostly sober so I can hang with you all.

SamuraiK

So Soldier Boy beating Semenenko. This was a good debut for his battle for Oly ticket.

BabaYaga back to his pre Mishin headcase days.

AdultRizzo going from 19 to 1.. Wow!!

That kid Levandi is a serious threat for Selevko.

Majorov chances are not looking good. The TUR boys should be prepared.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I despaired when Demitrescu retired that Germany was lost forever with their men's team, but
So Soldier Boy beating Semenenko. This was a good debut for his battle for Oly ticket.

BabaYaga back to his pre Mishin headcase days.

AdultRizzo going from 19 to 1.. Wow!!

That kid Levandi is a serious threat for Selevko.

Majorov chances are not looking good. The TUR boys should be prepared.
We all know that Unknown Jesus and Ignatov will slay at Nationals and throw the whole Russian Fed into disarray. Or, they'll just send one of the juniors who've done well on the JG. Or see if Malinin will come back to mother Russia.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I despaired when Demitrescu retired that Germany was lost forever with their men's team, but
We all know that Unknown Jesus and Ignatov will slay at Nationals and throw the whole Russian Fed into disarray. Or, they'll just send one of the juniors who've done well on the JG. Or see if Malinin will come back to mother Russia.
Malinin's not going back to "Father Uzbekistan" ;) when he can make Team USA.

SamuraiK

SlightlyKnown Jesus YES, Ignatov however has had like what? 3 seasons already of always on the verge and never happening. I dont count on this season to be different.

The battle for me right now is Kondratiuk-Semenenko-Aliev. Misha will get in cause reputation and PC bonus despite the splats, and honestly deservengly so.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
SlightlyKnown Jesus YES, Ignatov however has had like what? 3 seasons already of always on the verge and never happening. I dont count on this season to be different.

The battle for me right now is Kondratiuk-Semenenko-Aliev. Misha will get in cause reputation and PC bonus despite the splats, and honestly deservengly so.
If it comes down to Kondriatiuk-Semenenko-Aliev, then I suspect Aliev gets left off the team. I don't think the RusFed has forgotten that team event performance from Aliev in Pyeongchang. They'll go with the two, young upstarts and Kolyada for Beijing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information