Friday watch party: 2010 Olympics OD

J

Jeschke

How times changed, last season Linichuk was 1st and 2nd at worlds, now dropped to 3rd/4th :drama:

Colonel Green

Davis/White's program is obviously much more respectful and elegant, but this is another program I think might have attracted a lot more controversy if it was skated today.

Kaetlyn Osmond also did a SP like this in the 2011/12 season, but she might have been able to skate by (ha) since it was presumably Ravi Walia's idea.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
This it the only Davis and White program that I ever liked, but I still like it! And at least three other dancers' facial expressions in this event have irritated me more than Meryl's.

Skate Talker

Not sure if its would be a mitigating factor but iirc they did use consultants and choreographers from the genre

Vagabond

Davis/White's program is obviously much more respectful and elegant, but this is another program I think might have attracted a lot more controversy if it was skated today.
It's a Bollywood program.

I don't believe there's any controversy when, say, Chinese ice dancers skate to Pirates of the Caribbean. To suggest that non-Indians cannot skate to an Indian film soundtrack is, in its own way, a kind of cultural imperialism.

And, remember, Domnina and Shabalin's program wasn't even to Aboriginal music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information