Friday watch party: 2010 Olympics OD

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
There are so many different factors that go into making an Olympic moment, and winning gold on home ice especially. Right team, right place, right time.

And Virtue/Moir had everything single one of those in 2010. There's absolutely something I love about seeing skaters skate on home ice, and it's so much more when it's huge event and they bring their A game. I think that's why I actually like watching Virtue/Moir's programs from Vancouver, they created such a moment.

VGThuy

Poor B/A, Linichuk was trying to improve their core strength and line and skating skills, but she effed up what made B/A click and a crowd favorite when they started out.

VGThuy

To think they were the reigning World silver medalists. The judges really set them up into thinking what they were doing with Linichuk was working...

barbarafan

Discussions of V/M's first Olympic programs mostly center on Mahler, but this was my favourite of their programs that year.
I liked the CD......always have loved the CD's......the coverage etc....when you see shots of their skates against other teams just wow.

Colonel Green

It's kind of fascinating to look at the spacing of the teams here, in terms of what Vancouver represented for ice dance's future. You had Tessa & Scott and Meryl & Charlie at the top, then a whole bunch of teams who were on their way out making up most of the rest of the top ranks, and then a few people (often with different partners) who would carry on for the subsequent few cycles.

Vagabond

This must have been such a weird competition for Belbin and Agosto. They must have envisioned fighting it out with Virtue and Moir for the Gold Medal, but then Davis and White rushed past them like a bullet train. 🚆

mjb52

I do think there's an interesting discussion to be had about what makes a program cross the line. I personally didn't mind I/K's SL program mentioned above for example although I probably wouldn't watch it again (I in general wouldn't watch a SL program today, good or bad, but that's my own personal thing and I don't mind that they're done at all). I hope the tech committee is ready to talk about this before the folk dances get choreographed.

nimi

Poor B/A, Linichuk was trying to improve their core strength and line and skating skills, but she effed up what made B/A click and a crowd favorite when they started out.
Anybody know what's up with Linichuk? Still coaching in NA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information