Not open for further replies.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I missed something because I'm not getting the Pizza Express jokes. :(

Last edited:

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I missed something because I'm not getting the Pizz Express jokes. :(

When asked about the famous picture with Virginia Guiffre (sp?) during the interview he explained he had no recollection of that, and that it didn't happen, or something like that, but did recall taking his daughter(s) to some pizza place on that day.

canbelto

Quite frankly no one in the BRF looks good in this whole Andrew business, especially the royal reporters who spent so much ink on this supposed 'rift' between William and Harry and ignored this Andrew/Epstein story until Prince Andrew decided to blow it out in the open with the horrid interview.

Vagabond

When asked about the famous picture with Virginia Guiffre (sp?) during the interview he explained he had no recollection of that, and that it didn't happen, or something like that, but did recall taking his daughter(s) to some pizza place on that day.
Just Beatrice, I believe, and specifically to the PizzaExpress in Woking, which is not that far from where he lives.

The fact that he supposedly remembers going there on the evening in question, which was many years ago ,but not meeting an underage girl with whom he was photographed in a suggestive pose has raised questions about his credibility.

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Quite frankly no one in the BRF looks good in this whole Andrew business, especially the royal reporters who spent so much ink on this supposed 'rift' between William and Harry and ignored this Andrew/Epstein story until Prince Andrew decided to blow it out in the open with the horrid interview.

IMO it's not a coincidence that the "royal rift" leaks started happening around the same time that attention was centering around Andrew regarding the Epstein business. The "no, don't look at that, look over here" media strategy.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the royal reporters didn't want to lose access to their Palace sources and decided it was smarter to focus on what the Palace apparently wanted them to focus on - even though the Andrew/Epstein story was much more significant and shocking. And if it's true that Andrew is the Queen's favourite son, that might also be a reason for reporters wanting to maintain their Royal sources to stay away from the Epstein story.

But it looks like Andrew destroyed any chance of deflecting attention away from himself with that unbelievable interview. And I mean "unbelievable" in more ways than one:scream:

aftershocks

Banned Member
This Daily Beast article (which is rather OTT) claims that Prince Andrew will lose some of his income over the Epstein scandal:

I think the Queen will continue to provide financially for Andrew through her own funds.

Some reports have indicated that the Queen has always provided for part of Andrew's yearly income via the Duchy of Cornwall Lancaster funds, which she will continue to do. Monies for public duties are what will be stopped, according to reports. It's also been indicated that Andrew will continue to live at Royal Lodge Windsor (which he was provided in 2003 sometime after the 2002 death of the Queen Mother).

There was an article in the Daily Mail speculating on how Andrew’s downfall will affect his daughters. The article said that it’s thought Andrew was providing most of the girls’ funding. Will he still be able to do that if he’s lost his 250,000 annual stipend??

Other posters have already pointed out that Beatrice has nothing to worry about financially since she is marrying into wealth and she already has a well-paying job, in addition to digs in one of the palaces. Or maybe Beatrice stays sometimes at Royal Lodge Windsor (which is a huge edifice) where her mother, Fergie, also has her own apartment. Eugenie won't be hurting for money either as Jack has his own lucrative business income and he hails from a well-to-do family (with baronet heritage). In fact, Jack and Eugenie are third cousins once removed via Sarah Ferguson's lineage: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ommoner-groom-who-jack-brooksbank/1594124002/

Eugenie has been living with Jack at Ivy Cottage, Kensington Palace, where Harry recently filmed a PSA promoting mental health. Harry and Eugenie are said to be close, and even double-dated with their respective significant others when Meghan was still living in Toronto.

There have been reports that Beatrice always planned to have a private wedding (possibly because of the fuss made in the British media when it was revealed she was dating Edo and that he'd recently split with a girlfriend with whom he had a son out of wedlock). The Andrew scandal which was steadily percolating was obviously an additional reason to forego elaborate fuss. Royal followers noticed that Bea and Edo also never gave a press interview after their engagement announcement, which has usually been the norm for royal couples post engagement announcements.

In any case, it was always Prince Andrew who was doing the major pushing for Eugenie's wedding to be as public and elaborate as it was. I'm glad Eugenie's wedding was televised, because royal weddings are always fun to watch. Those who love weddings of any kind will surely be be feeling more sad than Beatrice and Edo, about not being able to view their wedding ceremony. I would speculate that Beatrice might plan a small private family ceremony in the chapel inside Windsor Castle or the chapel inside St. James Palace, which are both family chapels invisible to the public. And then perhaps Bea and Edo will plan a more elaborate fun getaway marriage celebration over several days for their closest friends and family members somewhere in Italy (where Edo's family has ties). Official formal wedding photos will likely be released, but everything else will probably mostly be kept under-the-radar to avoid public scrutiny and some of the criticism that circulated surrounding Eugenie's wedding plans, in particular the partial carriage ride which was associated with security costs.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
Some reports have indicated that the Queen has always provided for part of Andrew's yearly income via the Duchy of Cornwall funds, which she will continue to do.
The Duchy of Lancaster. The first son of the monarch holds the Duchy of Cornwall, and Charles is hardly going to spend any of the money it generates on Andrew.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Thanks for the correction @Zemgirl. I meant Duchy of Lancaster, as Duchy of Cornwall of course is Prince Charles' inheritance, which will in due course be passed to William when he becomes Prince of Wales. I tend to get the two duchies mixed up, try as I might not to do so.

IMO it's not a coincidence that the "royal rift" leaks started happening around the same time that attention was centering around Andrew regarding the Epstein business. The "no, don't look at that, look over here" media strategy.

There were first negative leaks that circulated in November 2018 immediately after Harry and Meghan returned from their very successful South Pacific tour, surrounding Meghan and Kate not getting along in the lead-up to the royal wedding, which turned out to be exaggerated and/or untrue. It has been speculated that Meghan has been a scapegoat for a variety of reasons and purposes of distraction surrounding the William 'affair' rumors and the Andrew/Epstein scandal. Plus, royal courtiers and others became anxious over M&H's continuing and increasing popularity post their wedding and particularly during and immediately after their October 2018 South Pacific tour which coincided with Meghan's pregnancy announcement.

Regarding the 'rift' eh, the brothers have always had a sibling rivalry and have teased each other playfully and unmercifully at times, though they have also been fairly close over the years. Still, they have very different personalities and diverging paths. William has been used to being in the spotlight and allowing Harry to bear the brunt of public scrutiny surrounding his well-documented youthful growing pains, while William's youthful mistakes were covered up (so apparently William may never have been directly confronted with having to account for or learn from his mistakes as result).

Harry has always had the more outgoing personality and the bad-boy image. In addition, it was Harry who actively began pursuing charitable efforts at a young age. It was because of Harry creating Sentebale in 2006 with Prince Seeiso, that William and Harry joined together to create the Royal Foundation in 2009. A foundation was needed in order to assist Harry in raising funds for his charity. William began working on some conservation and youth initiatives in due course, but Harry's work with Sentebale and later with the Invictus Games and mental health initiatives (along with Meghan's eventual Hubb Community cookbook project) brought in the most funding for the former joint Royal Foundation in 2018, according to a publicly reported audit. Harry has always gotten along well with Kate and she helped coin the Heads Together name for the trio's joint mental health initiative in 2017.

Kate even once jokingly gave Harry a "Grow Your Own Girlfriend Kit" for a Christmas present. :p I don't think Kate ever imagined Harry would eventually meet and marry such an accomplished and self-assured American woman/ divorcee/ successful actor. Kate had reportedly attempted to encourage a familiar and known quantity, Harry's media shy former girlfriend, Chelsy Davy, to marry him. But Chelsy recognized that a high profile royal life was anathema to what she wanted in life. It was Eugenie who had introduced aristocrat and aspiring actor, Cressida Bonas, to Harry but the media unfortunately had them getting married before they even had a chance to really know each other. Bonas was also on the rebound from a former relationship, which she went back to after she and Harry split.

After having played the role of third wheel since W&K's marriage, Harry finally met his soul mate in Meghan Markle and began coming more into his own as the strong, assertive person he's always been. Harry seemingly needed and he has surely benefited from having a strong significant other to encourage and to support him in fully recognizing and owning his strengths and his singular life's purpose. It's not unusual for relationship dynamics to change between siblings after marriage, especially in the highest of high profile families.

There's a lot of p.r. spin regarding what has been going on behind the scenes -- some of it true, some exaggerated or made up, some obvious, some of it still mysteriously cloaked in rumor, gossip and innuendo.

In other news:

Hillary and Meghan finally meet at Frogmore Cottage, Windsor. Hillary was in the audience when Meghan gave her U.N. speech in 2015, but they didn't meet at that time. When she was 11, Meghan had also written to Hillary (as First Lady) regarding the sexist Proctor & Gamble dishwashing detergent ad. As well, Meghan previously championed Hillary on her former personal Instagram account.

Prince Charles at 71:

Sussex Squad fans organize another positive global campaign in support of the Sussexes and their charities:

canbelto

I also wouldn't be surprised if the royal reporters didn't want to lose access to their Palace sources and decided it was smarter to focus on what the Palace apparently wanted them to focus on - even though the Andrew/Epstein story was much more significant and shocking. And if it's true that Andrew is the Queen's favourite son, that might also be a reason for reporters wanting to maintain their Royal sources to stay away from the Epstein story.

But it looks like Andrew destroyed any chance of deflecting attention away from himself with that unbelievable interview. And I mean "unbelievable" in more ways than one:scream:

The royal reporters are now trying to pin this "can Andrew" thing on Charles and William, and make it seem like a family drama. This is where I think being a royal reporter makes you out of touch with the general population. Andrew can't really be a "working royal" if patronages are running away from him faster than Usain Bolt. If he can't represent the royal family, he has no "work." Did the Queen try to protect Andrew to the very last? Probably. But Andrew's a grown man, he made his own decisions, and blaming this on Charles and William is disingenuous. Last time I checked neither Charles, William, or Harry paled around with a sex abuser.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
@canbelto if someone's brother, uncle, son, whatever is documented as palling around with a pedophile and refuses to take responsibility for it (plus has a long history of being wild) - that is a family drama. The Royals are different but they're still a family.

And if Charles and William are indeed trying to push Andrew away from his work on behalf of the family - good for them.

canbelto

@canbelto if someone's brother, uncle, son, whatever is documented as palling around with a pedophile and refuses to take responsibility for it (plus has a long history of being wild) - that is a family drama. The Royals are different but they're still a family.

And if Charles and William are indeed trying to push Andrew away from his work on behalf of the family - good for them.

But there's still an unfair narrative that makes it seem like Charles and William are making a power play for the throne. The truth is Andrew's persona is so toxic that he simply can't continue his royal duties. I just find a lot of royal reporters so loyal to the Queen that they see everything from her POV -- it's more the mainstream media that roasted Andrew for his interview. The royal reporters are all about how the Queen remains "loyal" to him like that's what it's about at this point.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
But there's still an unfair narrative that makes it seem like Charles and William are making a power play for the throne. The truth is Andrew's persona is so toxic that he simply can't continue his royal duties. I just find a lot of royal reporters so loyal to the Queen that they see everything from her POV -- it's more the mainstream media that roasted Andrew for his interview. The royal reporters are all about how the Queen remains "loyal" to him like that's what it's about at this point.

I see what you're saying, but the Queen being loyal to him in the face of all this awful information is a story.

And like I said, if the royal reporters don't want to alienate their sources within the household, they have a certain vested interest in spinning the story certain ways.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
But there's still an unfair narrative that makes it seem like Charles and William are making a power play for the throne.

What?? If you didn't know, they are both heirs to the throne. They don't need to make a power play unless Charles wants to oust the Queen & William wants to oust both the Queen & Charles. And I doubt that's their intentions.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I had the same reaction, @taf2002. But then I thought that maybe she means they are making a power play for the Queen's favor? Which makes more sense if Andrew really is the favorite.

mag

What?? If you didn't know, they are both heirs to the throne. They don't need to make a power play unless Charles wants to oust the Queen & William wants to oust both the Queen & Charles. And I doubt that's their intentions.
I had the same reaction, @taf2002. But then I thought that maybe she means they are making a power play for the Queen's favor? Which makes more sense if Andrew really is the favorite.

I think Charles and William may be exerting their power, which is definitely not a bad thing. They are the heirs to the throne, they are ones who will be required to clean up the mess. Stepping in now and making sure Andrew is sidelined shows good leadership and grasp of the seriousness of the charges against Andrew. He has be accused of rape. That is serious and should be treated seriously.

taf2002

That may be it. But I don't see either Charles or William that unconfident in themselves that they feel the need to curry favor.

Reactions: mag

taf2002

I didn't see @mag's post above mine when I was posting. I agree with her explanation.

canbelto

I just find the royal reporting to be all about "but what does her Majesty think?" When I think the issues here are beyond what the Queen thinks. Theres a serious accusation of rape but royal reporting is ignoring that, treating Ms. Guiffre like "staff," as Andrew unfortunately called her in the interview. I just find that bias stomach-churning.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Beatrice's fiance is reportedly a multimillionaire, and Eugenie's husband has to be doing quite well too. Assuming that the princesses' net worth is in line with the article in my previous post, neither couple will be hurting for cash any time soon.

I wouldn't trade places with them for anything.
Will Andrew walk her down the aisle? I certainly hope not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information