Royalty thread #15: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk9tingfan

@Simone411, chemo ports are more ordinary now. I've known 2 friends who had them. Your mother's willingness to try it may have prolonged many lives since then. It's a nice legacy.

@once_upon, in my experience a lot of people educate themselves when they get a serious disease so they can be a knowledgeable advocate for themselves. You seem to be assuming that someone is totally clueless about their disease if they aren't a doctor. You even challenged a generalism.
I actually hold the record at Yale for the longest ssurviving patent port at 13 years. When it finally had to be replaced, it was in June of 2020 in the middle of the pandemic! Implanting a port preserves peripheral veins, a fact of which i'm eternally grateful. My current port is functioning well allmost 4 years and counting.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
As someone who started IV and administered chemotherapy over the years, ports were cheered for by all my co-workers and doctors. Not just for chemo, but antifungal meds, hyperal, frequent blood draws.
I had a port when my veins gave out. I was so grateful because at that point there was no easy place to put an IV or draw blood. Five years later, still too much scar tissue to draw blood inside my elbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information