Golden Globes Red Carpet and Awards

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I didn't see a thread about the Golden Globes being shown on TV.

Emma Stone and Billie Jean King on the red carpet, BJK says- one step at a time, toward gender equality. Strobe looked very good in a black dress.

Many wearing black to support Solidaity- protest against sexual harrassment, or to support equality of all kinds.

VGThuy

They just made fun of Tonya Harding about her having a weapon and to run or something like that. I guess that is what people got out of I, Tonya.

Allskate

Yep. I'm not sure I like Nicole's black dress. However, much more important, she was phenomenal in the miniseries. Also, I love that Nicole and Reese made this work. Reese has really been working hard to produce projects that have good roles for women. Kudos to her.

Good speech from Nicole.

VGThuy

That was a surprise win for Sam Rockwell (well maybe surprise isn't the right word but he wasn't the favorite). Willem Dafoe had been winning every critics' award out there but lost here. Of course these awards don't always follow the critics.

VGThuy

Not a surprise for me that Mrs. Maisel won Best Actress. Golden Globes loves rewarding new shows and new actors. It helps that she's deserving.

Allskate

Not a surprise for me that Mrs. Maisel won Best Actress. Golden Globes loves rewarding new shows and new actors. It helps that she's deserving.

Hasn't she been nominated before for House of Cards? Most of those actresses and roles in that category are not well established, though, so you've got a point.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The Globes President in Red. Announces two grants of a million dollar each, for the press. Short and sweet speech.

peibeck

Simply looking
Hasn't she been nominated before for House of Cards? Most of those actresses and roles in that category are not well established, though, so you've got a point.

They said it was her first nomination and win.

BaileyCatts

Wow. Roseanne and John Goodman look good.

Although I am missing all the pretty color dresses as I usually just watch awards shows for the dresses. :p

Allskate

I read the Handmaid's Tale years ago. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the series. Maybe during better times.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Best musical score - Alexander Desplatt (The shape of water). I have always liked his music. I also liked Hans Zimmerman for Dunkirk.

Best song - This is me (The great showman)

VGThuy

Yay, Rachel Brosnahan :cheer: She was incredible in Mrs. Maisel!

She really is. When I saw Ms. Maisel, I realized why that Gilmore Girls reunion was so lame. The creator/writers were so over that material by then and were more than ready to move on to Ms. Maisel.

Allskate

She really is. When I saw Ms. Maisel, I realized why that Gilmore Girls reunion was so lame. The creator/writers were so over that material by then and were more than ready to move on to Ms. Maisel.

:lol: I loved the series. I heard so many bad things about the reunion that I decided that I just wouldn't watch it.

I saw "The Shape of Water." Not my kind of movie, but the cinematography and acting (especially Sallie Hawkins) were superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information