#TeamTrainwreck 9: Next Splat Station: Pyeongchang

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I have so many answers in my mind to that post, but I better remain silent :saint:

Oh come on! :lol: :yikes:

Perkova's glory moments and many many other things :40beers:

This may be the only time I can ever say this, so I'm going to do it now, while I have the chance: Perkova is probably in the best form out of all our ladies right now! :gallopin1 :kickass: :cheer:

She just needs to skate that SP better, I feel like she has some momentum building with the LP, and you can tell she feels pretty comfortable with it and enjoys skating it.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Great thanks to @levineismine to remind me of the Bidar-Story today, as I would have totally forgotten.
Seems like everyone enjoyed that little anecdote and we already found our new thread title! :encore:

Always proud to contribute to the thread with constructive insights.
I needed entertainment to make it through Nebelhorn this year ;)

SamuraiK

. Or maybe the rest of the field was the train wreck if a 2 triple program could medal. :lol:

2010 Worlds Ladies was a true TT :gallopin1 event indeed. After all the stress from Vancouver it seemes No one from the contenders wanted to be there, so the stars aligned for Laura. Im ok with her world medal, her skating was exquisite and it was her or Ando doing a Mummy version of Cleopatra.

J

Jeschke

Folks, back to bitter reality: Park has been crossed out of CoR :drama:

Not surprising at all, still :wuzrobbed
I wonder if the fed made the call as Kim was removed of SC in the same updated too?!

#teampark

Areski

Never would Lepisto found her way in here after stealing that bronze of Miki'10. Never! :drama:

Don't remind me that please! I was not a fan of Laura to say that in a euphemistic way :p She was stiff and so bezpłciowa, literally translated to English from Polish it means: asexual / neuter / but in this context it also means vanilla, dull & bland. Give me Mummy Ando any day :D In those championships she also landed mostly double jumps on top of it, that was an overkill and I disliked her even more since this glorious achievement.

Last edited:

RoseRed

:scream:

I didn't realize he's 22! :eek: I seriously thought he was like 19. Either way, he looks like he's 16. :yikes:

I need a new Instagram post from Daniel Albert Naurits after experiencing that. #notblockedyet :40beers:
He's 22 ?!? :eek::eek::eek: You're right, he looks 16 max.

dinakt

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
He's 22 ?!? :eek::eek::eek: You're right, he looks 16 max.
He is just being a troo St. Pete's good guy. And they must be puttin' something in the water there.
My dad is also from St. Pete's and is almost 80, but looks mid-60s.
My mom is not from St. Pete's, but has spent some time there and looks nowhere near her 65.
I am turning 29 for the first time this month and I still have to show my ID when I want to buy booze in Doucheland.

dinakt

@alchemy void
I am intrigued by your petition for Peltonen (of course the Boss will decide, so treat this as a side note), BUT:
Shouldn't one of the requirements be at least ONE program in any competition of any significance skated to full potential? After all, breaking our hearts should be with a memory of One Shining Moment of what might have been.
I am not up on Peltonen's body of work. My impression was- totally gorgeous/check. Multiple splats/check. But that's not enough... but I am also a bit slack in following OEFS, it's easier with voidy guys.
Care to link a Peltonen Heartbreak Moment? Or it is yet to come?

dinakt

There's nothing to that effect in the Rules. :COP:

And thank goodness! Otherwise, some of our most venerable members would not have made the cut!

:gallopin1
No problem! I am not here to challenge the rules, oh no.
In my very private little corner of Team Trainwreck Amazing Journey, though, I only cheer for members who showed they can do just a little bit better... even if they don't.
#pleasedonotthrowmeout
#Ijustmisplacedmyticket

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I woke up at 4 AM thinking about skating trainwrecks. :yikes: I'm worried about myself. But, in my early morning musings I was thinking about the greatest TTW competitions. Mao Asada at Sochi has to be number one. Disastrous short, public apology to the nation of Japan, masterclass free program. We need a special category for this.

My personal second on the list is Kwan at Salt Lake. I still cry when I watch her exhibition.

Ka3sha

Perkova's new interview after FinTrophy
:glamor:
What motivates me? Probably, the realization that I have not shown everything that I can yet. There were moments at the training camps two years ago, when I thought that I don't want anything anymore and should retire. But then everything more or less came back to normal. Now I have no such thoughts. I do not think so now, I became more confident. So it's too early for me to put an end to it. I will continue skating.

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
J

Jeschke

Schott and Weinzierl both in starting group 2 in Nice :watch:
Skating directly behind Hanzlikova should not harm Schott's PCS :D

#teamschott
#olympicrace

Bellanca

I woke up at 4 AM thinking about skating trainwrecks. :yikes: I'm worried about myself. But, in my early morning musings I was thinking about the greatest TTW competitions. Mao Asada at Sochi has to be number one. Disastrous short, public apology to the nation of Japan, masterclass free program. We need a special category for this.
I second that. Like a Shakespearean tragedy, the headlines blared for days about how Mao implodes, a five-alarm meltdown, much mourning and lamenting only to be followed by an epic FS like a chapter right out of Masterpiece Theatre. It was :drama: on top of :drama: making this a special :gallopin1 category consideration, for sure. It has all the :yikes: :wuzrobbed:fragile: wreckage qualifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information