UPDATED: OMFG . . . Adam Rippon, Tonya Harding and Mirai Nagasu are on the DWTS' all-athlete cast

Japanfan

No, she was punished for planning an attack on her rival, an attack that originally talked about killing Nancy.

The understanding I have gleaned is that she wasn't involved in the actual planning beyond writing down the name of the rink where Nancy trained. I think that what was found in her handwriting in the trash?

The information I have see and interviews with Tonya have led me to believe that Tonya knew something was up, but not what exactly.

I understand that you were responding to this post:

Tonya wasn't the one that cheated. She was punished for something her ex-husband and his friends did behind her back. Tonya didn't need to cheat- she was the better skater. Stripping the 94 title from her was wrong because it gives the erroneous impression that Nancy would have won which is not the case if only the skating is being judged. I'm not sure Nancy would of legitimately beat Michelle or Nicole. A year's suspension (but being allowed to keep the title and go to 94 worlds) would of been punishment enough for not turning in the ex-hubby right away.

It is true that Tonya did not directly carry out the attack. But I do think that the lifetime ban may have been warranted depending on the degree of her complicity.

But you keep on with the "sweet innocent Tonya could do no wrong and evil Nancy deserved it" schtick. It's not helping your case to continue the attacks on Nancy. In fact, it rather reinforces my view that Tonya knew and helped plan.[/QUOTE]

nimi

giselle23

I don't think Tonya ever contemplated killing Nancy. I don't know if she knew about the attack. I think she knew enough to have suspected it was Jeff who did it (or masterminded it) if she didn't. I don't excuse what she did or may have done, but I will admit I am kind of interested to see her on the show. Plus, I couldn't miss seeing Adam and Mirai.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
just a side note here.

Does anyone remember Skating with Celebrities? and I think there were 2 shows, one on ABC and one on CBS I think the other was Skating with the Stars....

They needed WAYYYY more prep time before they started filming because most of them could barely even stand up right for their "skating skills."

I think the best were Kristy Swanson, Betheny Frankel and maybe Debbie Gibson?

Some of the guys were a DISASTER including was it Vince Gill of Motley Crue(?) (who said that he used to figure skate). Dude could barely do a crossover.

I would love to see Mirai or Adam, and even Tonya (why not) be the pros in reboots of those shows. Before the pros were like Lloyd Eisler, Tai Babliona. I remember some judges as Dorothy Hamil, Scott Hamilton. I think Im referencing both shows. Cant remember everything. :p

Last edited:

meggonzo

Banned Member
just a side note here.

Does anyone remember Skating with Celebrities? and I think there were 2 shows, one on ABC and one on CBS I think the other was Skating with the Stars....

They needed WAYYYY more prep time before they started filming because most of them could barely even stand up right for their "skating skills."

Some of the guys were a DISASTER including was it Vince Gill of Motley Crew(?) (who said that he used to figure skate) . Dude could barely do a crossover.

Skating with Celebrities was on FOX around 2005 or 2006. This is where Lloyd Eisler and Kristy Swanson met, and he left his pregnant wife for her. I'm surprised Lloyd & Kristy are still together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skating_with_Celebrities

Skating with the Stars was on ABC in 2010 or 2011. It was Vince Neil from Motley Crue. I think Rebecca Budig won?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skating_with_the_Stars

Edited to add the wiki links.

jenniferlyon

Skating with Celebrities was on FOX around 2005 or 2006. This is where Lloyd Eisler and Kristy Swanson met, and he left his pregnant wife for her. I'm surprised Lloyd & Kristy are still together.

Skating with the Stars was on ABC in 2010 or 2011. It was Vince Neil from Motley Crue. I think Rebecca Budig won?

There was also Battle Of The Blades on CBC where figure skaters were teamed up with former NHL players. That lasted for several seasons. I liked it best of all the celebrity skating shows because those hockey players actually knew how to skate on day one of the competition so the pros didn't have to spend a lot of time going over the basics. Except the toe pick. :)

screech

There was also Battle Of The Blades on CBC where figure skaters were teamed up with former NHL players. That lasted for several seasons. I liked it best of all the celebrity skating shows because those hockey players actually knew how to skate on day one of the competition so the pros didn't have to spend a lot of time going over the basics. Except the toe pick. :)
That was a great show. My favourites were Katia and Val Bure (their throw double lutz was great - he skated like a skater), and I don't remember who she was with, but Shae and one of her partners had my favourite program of all seasons when they did Monster Mash for a Halloween episode.

VGThuy

Wasn't that show airing at the same time as the Torino Olympics and Scott Hamilton said to watch Skating with Celebrities instead? Somehow the word "celebrity" makes the show sound trashier than it would have been if they used "stars" or some equivalent. I remember at the time he was on a kick about how skaters were staying eligible for way too long and how they needed to retire younger and go pro. It always sounded a bit self-serving to me.

Mad for Skating

just a side note here.

Some of the guys were a DISASTER including was it Vince Gill of Motley Crue(?) (who said that he used to figure skate). Dude could barely do a crossover.

I would love to see Mirai or Adam, and even Tonya (why not) be the pros in reboots of those shows. Before the pros were like Lloyd Eisler, Tai Babliona. I remember some judges as Dorothy Hamil, Scott Hamilton. I think Im referencing both shows. Cant remember everything. :p

I do remember the Skating with the Stars show! I was a little kid (maybe like 8 years old haha) but I remember Johnny Weir was a judge. If I remember right, Bethenny Frankel and partner did a performance to "You Spin Me Right Round". And one of the guys had to withdraw due to the flu?
It was pretty crazy, because nobody knew how to skate AT ALL and as a newbie skater, I can tell you it takes MONTHS before you're able to just walk across the ice without flailing your arms. They needed more time to get good.

cmk

Scott was the host of the fox series. I think Dorothy was a judge. They had Dave Coulier from Full House who was supposedly a great hockey skater but he totally stunk as a figure skater. He also got the weakest pro partner (Kerrigan-yuk). Eisler was with Swanson , they ended up winning and I was actually rooting for her. She disappointed me when she pulled a Nancy and stole Eisler away from his wife at the time (who just happened to be pregnant to boot). Zimmerman was paired with Jillian ( the ringer who had skated as a child). I think Jenny Meno had either Todd Bridges(whose roller skating abilities did not transfer over to the ice) or Bruce/Katelyn Jenner.

The abc show had Bethany (who was too stiff imo), Vince Neil ( who stunk), and a few others. I don't remember who won. Brooke Castille (sp) was one of the pros. I think Johny Mosely might have won that one.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
Scott was the host of the fox series. I think Dorothy was a judge. They had Dave Coulier from Full House who was supposedly a great hockey skater but he totally stunk as a figure skater. He also got the weakest pro partner (Kerrigan-yuk). Eisler was with Swanson , they ended up winning and I was actually rooting for her. She disappointed me when she pulled a Nancy and stole Eisler away from his wife at the time (who just happened to be pregnant to boot). Zimmerman was paired with Jillian ( the ringer who had skated as a child). I think Jenny Meno had either Todd Bridges(whose roller skating abilities did not transfer over to the ice) or Bruce/Katelyn Jenner.

The abc show had Bethany (who was too stiff imo), Vince Neil ( who stunk), and a few others. I don't remember who won. Brooke Castille (sp) was one of the pros. I think Johny Mosely might have won that one.

Actually I recall very well in following that show that Coulier was a total PIA to Nancy; he filed down the toepicks on his skates (he was used to hockey skates) and balked at learning some of the moves.

Is there anything else you want to accuse Nancy of since you are so determined to demonize her to make Tonya look better? Did she rob banks? Kick dogs? That horrible Nancy who just FORCED “Team Tonya” to try and take her out, what else could they do??? :rolleyes:

meggonzo

Banned Member

Rebecca Budig won. I posted that above as well as the links to the wiki pages for each show.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member

I remember when this show was on the air, I had just started my new career after leaving my stint with the USA navy. It was only days after I left my destroyer and I had nothing to my name except for a dance belt a one single tube of Chap-Stick! I didn't know what could happen in the rest of my life. Then I found this program on TV and became inspired since I had been a fan of skating since I was a teen, I never would of made it through adulesents if it werent for Philip Candeloro and his many fun programs.

Motley Crew is an evil satanic group, I was glad when that Vince person was kicked off the show!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

aliceanne

Tonya Harding must be in her fifties now. She was never known for maintaining her fitness, i wonder if she is in any kind of shape to do a show like this? Her appearance may be anti-climatic and over soon.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
Tonya Harding must be in her fifties now. She was never known for maintaining her fitness, i wonder if she is in any kind of shape to do a show like this? Her appearance may be anti-climatic and over soon.
Tonya should be in jail right now, in fact she should have moved in to a jail when she started skating because that's the only way she would of had to work out every day with other criminal prisoners. If she had been in jail since 1994 which I cannot believe she has never done time in the slammer, she would be able to work out and lift weights and could now be a good star dancer.

I, Tonia was the worst movie my wife and I have ever seen and we are both boycotting this awful show on NBC, it is all about people who's life style are not normal. Everyone is invited to join us, when the show is on turn off all electric devices and pray. Even the devices in the bedroom.

Frida80

Tonya should be in jail right now, in fact she should have moved in to a jail when she started skating because that's the only way she would of had to work out every day with other criminal prisoners. If she had been in jail since 1994 which I cannot believe she has never done time in the slammer, she would be able to work out and lift weights and could now be a good star dancer.

I, Tonia was the worst movie my wife and I have ever seen and we are both boycotting this awful show on NBC, it is all about people who's life style are not normal. Everyone is invited to join us, when the show is on turn off all electric devices and pray. Even the devices in the bedroom.

Conspiracy to commit assault won’t even get you jail time let alone 20 years. At best she would’ve gotten probation, while the perp would’ve gotten a year tops. Assault against women isn’t as big as a crime as you think. A huge problem for domestic violence victims.

berthesghost

Conspiracy to commit assault won’t even get you jail time let alone 20 years. At best she would’ve gotten probation, while the perp would’ve gotten a year tops. Assault against women isn’t as big as a crime as you think. A huge problem for domestic violence victims.
How can this be true? She chose to give up membership in usfs and thus future skating career opportunities specifically to stay out of jail. So either what they were going to charge her with is a lot worse than conspiracy to commit, or you have that wrong, or she had the worst defense lawyer know to man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information